Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Time to face the facts, Zac Taylor is not a good head coach
(10-24-2019, 01:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If we fire a coach after half a season just because we did not give him any talent to work with no decent coach will come here.

He's got basically the same talent Marvin had last season.

Would any decent coach come here as it is?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He's got basically the same talent Marvin had last season.

Exactly, and that talent had to be improved before we could win.  Yet the front office did pretty much nothing.

Then we lost our best two players (Boling, Glenn) off an already poor O-line and replaced them with scrubs.  That has crippled our entire offense.

(10-24-2019, 04:32 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Would any decent coach come here as it is?

Not unless the front office shows it is willing to bring in some talent upgrades.  The Bengals are not as bad of a franchise as some of you try to claim.  Marvin Lewis had a winning record against the rest of the league and made the playoffs more than most other teams in the league.  Decent coaches would be glad to come here if they knew the front office was willing to help them win.

But if we fire Taylor without ever giving him a chance and ask the next coach to win with this current roster no decent coach will come here.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 04:30 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Forgot about him. He's no longer starting.

Pratt started 1 game (Bal) and Sample the last 2.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly, and that talent had to be improved before we could win.  Yet the front office did pretty much nothing.

Then we lost our best two players (Boling, Glenn) off an already poor O-line and replaced them with scrubs.  That has crippled our entire offense.

Not unless the front office shows it is willing to bring in some talent upgrades.  The Bengals are not as bad of a franchise as some of you try to claim.  Marvin Lewis had a winning record against the rest of the league and made the playoffs more than most other teams in the league.  Decent coaches would be glad to come here if they knew the front office was willing to help them win.

But if we fire Taylor without ever giving him a chance and ask the next coach to win with this current roster no decent coach will come here.

marvin lewis gained the trust of MB over his long stay here something Taylor doesn't seem to have with the FO   and a reason some of us wanted to keep marvin around in some higher capacity...

We already don't have a Decent Coach...    Nothing on ZT's resume other than the fact he worked for the Rams HC stood out as much of a positivie.  we have an almost all rookie coaching staff as well...   That ZT apparently hand picked.

If we fail its on him.         We were never allowed to use the excuse of injuries for marvin.    Also the better the coach the better change good FA prospects will be willing to come play for that coach.

We could give ZT another full year but if he cant show any improvement this year it will just waste 1 more year before we can turn the corner.

1st Step he needs to hand off playcalling duties.  

im willing to give dude a chance but his game management is bad as well. He has to so some positive to get another season and so far there has been nothing positive to review. outside his offense game 1
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 05:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Exactly, and that talent had to be improved before we could win.  Yet the front office did pretty much nothing.

I don't disagree with you but at the same time this is enough to want to break out the Rolaids. Thus far I can't name a single phase of this team that has improved much or even worse not shown all out regression. Taylors execution of the offense is downright horrible and the lack of any adjustments to try and counter the offensive line issues is a big concern.

I agree he needs a little more of a chance but that leash should be very short. Hes certainly not shown to this point that he has much if anything new to bring to the table. Other than his post game interview skills which i don't give a rats ass about.

Oh and hes terrible at doing commercials.
Reply/Quote
The we have no Talent is BS. DLine above average at every position. Boyd is a borderline WR1 Hopkins Top 5 C. Secondary before getting decimated by injuries was ok. Top 10 punter.
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to think Taylor's not meant for coaching. I think he's actually meant to be a car salesman or an insurance salesman. He can really talk a good game, but that's about it. He had us sold.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:26 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'm starting to think Taylor's not meant for coaching. I think he's actually meant to be a car salesman or an insurance salesman. He can really talk a good game, but that's about it. He had us sold.

Even if he is not cut out to be a head coach that does not mean he could not be a good position coach or maybe even a coordinator.
Reply/Quote
Zack's interview with the Brownster..
"How do you feel about built in excuses for being a lousy coach not even remotely ready to deal with losing?"
"I love it, but make sure we don't accidentally sign good offensive line players just in case"
"Ready for your 10 year extension?"
"You betcha!" 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:26 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I'm starting to think Taylor's not meant for coaching. I think he's actually meant to be a car salesman or an insurance salesman. He can really talk a good game, but that's about it. He had us sold.

He should have been a cancer treatment sales pitch guy.. You know those commercials that make you almost wish you could get cancer? The more aggressive the cancer the better!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So if the Finley experiment goes awry does this mean full on mutiny against Zac Taylor?

I have a feeling that many of our current players aren't "good little soldiers" when it comes to a boy wonder failure.

What do you guys think?

If the team fully hates Zac and his crew by season end... does it affect anything?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Well look on the bright side. I think that the desperation move to Finley is a last-ditch effort by coach Taylor to save his job. If the team goes winless (like I expect them to do), I think Zac is one-and-done.
Reply/Quote
I think the vets just need to put this child they hired as a coach over their knee and teach him a thing or two or at least take his phone away and put him in time-out.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 05:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well look on the bright side. I think that the desperation move to Finley is a last-ditch effort by coach Taylor to save his job. If the team goes winless (like I expect them to do), I think Zac is one-and-done.

He’s used the QB fall guy card. He still has coordinator cards to play.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2019, 01:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We're seeing the same questionable playcalling here. That's my point.

Guys who are offensive geniuses tend to come in and shine right away or shortly after. This is his 3rd crack at it and he's failing again.

Could he improve? Yes. But, he's definitely not some genius that playcalling comes naturally too.

He's struggling to use RB's and TE's in the passing game. The playcalls are very predictable. The plays tip themselves by personnel.

Yeah we should have hired Merlin the Magician to be our coach. He could have replaced all the holes in the line with a wave of the wand. 
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2019, 07:05 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The we have no Talent is BS. DLine above average at every position. Boyd is a borderline WR1 Hopkins Top 5 C. Secondary before getting decimated by injuries was ok. Top 10 punter.

Yeah that top ten punter should guarantee the first round of the playoffs. Losses on offense wr1 and 2, Two LTs, LG, Center is benched, and don't forget the healthy Hart(probably hurts more by not being injured. Anybody ought to be able to win with their replacements 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:52 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah that top ten punter should guarantee the first round of the playoffs. Losses on offense wr1 and 2, Two LTs, LG, Center is benched, and don't forget the healthy Hart(probably hurts more by not being injured. Anybody ought to be able with their replacements 

Don't you think it's comical that in 2017 the 9th pick of the 5th round... the Bengals picked Jake Elliot?

The two other kickers were picked in 7th rd.

Then they go on to cut his ass for Fat Randy.

FR narrowly won the kicking battle in pre-season.

Yet why in the world did they even waste a draft pick on a kicker?

Just another head-scratcher wasted pick we see almost every season. *cough*Sample*cough*

I find myself sadly laughing that Elliot went on to greener pastures than this god awful run team.

Dodged a bullet their Jake.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Honestly, I think Zac Taylor’s head coaching career will be over about five seconds after the last game ends. Mike Brown will poopcan him faster than he whips out a Wendy’s coupon on its expiration date.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah we should have hired Merlin the Magician to be our coach. He could have replaced all the holes in the line with a wave of the wand. 

Funny most of the guys on the line started last year...and Mixon led the AFC in rushing. Hopkins, Price, Hart, Redmond...starters last year.

Plus we added Miller.

The guy calls a 2 yard pass on 4th and 10.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 06:52 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah that top ten punter should guarantee the first round of the playoffs. Losses on offense wr1 and 2, Two LTs, LG, Center is benched, and don't forget the healthy Hart(probably hurts more by not being injured. Anybody ought to be able to win with their replacements 

It's funny you count Ross as a WR 2...when Boyd clearly is. Also when you say Center is benched...Hopkins has actually played well at C. That Center who is benched that you count as a loss actually starts at Guard and is terrible.

Do you even watch the games? Because calling Ross the #2 is laughable.

And last time I checked, Marvin won what 6 games last year with Dalton, Boyd, AND Green injured at points.
Reply/Quote