Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time to move on from Frank Pollack
I remember when offensive linemen on twitter were making fun of and bashing the techniques he teaches

But I bet he’s a great value and doesn’t cost Mike Brown a lot of money

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:12 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Between the run game with solely Mixon and then no tight end threat of any kind, it's hard to see how this team will make a Super Bowl run.

It's odd to me that they don't hesitate to put Drew Sample in the backfield for pass protection on empty sets when the defense shows pressure, but on running plays it's just Joe Mixon standing their like usual.  Not even the slightest hint of "we're going to do something a little different than the first 118 times we've handed the ball off this year".  I mean, you've got one of, if not the best blocking TE in the league on the roster.  He seems to embrace the role of a blocker, why not utilize him as an H-back?

Utilizing an H-back in the formation, even just a few times per game give the defense another list of potential plays that they must prepare for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's odd to me that they don't hesitate to put Drew Sample in the backfield for pass protection on empty sets when the defense shows pressure, but on running plays it's just Joe Mixon standing their like usual.  Not even the slightest hint of "we're going to do something a little different than the first 118 times we've handed the ball off this year".  I mean, you've got one of, if not the best blocking TE in the league on the roster.  He seems to embrace the role of a blocker, why not utilize him as an H-back?

Utilizing an H-back in the formation, even just a few times per game give the defense another list of potential plays that they must prepare for.

Most definitely. The Offensive coaches need to add a bunch more plays over the bye and add some new wrinkles. I like the motion
we are using but we need to get the running game going if we are going to go on a run. More of Sample at H-back, more Jumbo 
packages etc.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Most definitely. The Offensive coaches need to add a bunch more plays over the bye and add some new wrinkles. I like the motion
we are using but we need to get the running game going if we are going to go on a run. More of Sample at H-back, more Jumbo 
packages etc.

Wouldn't mind seeing Chris Evans given a shot at running a few Jet Sweeps from that motion.  Might introduce a burst of speed and save a little wear and tear on Chase.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'll say this, on the one play where Burow reversed like twice, he had time to go eat lunch and come back waiting for a receiver to get open. I was stunned that play did not result in a holding call or an ineligible lineman downfield.
Reply/Quote
I think Zeus has gotten worse in every game he's played for us.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 03:23 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll say this, on the one play where Burow reversed like twice, he had time to go eat lunch and come back waiting for a receiver to get open. I was stunned that play did not result in a holding call or an ineligible lineman downfield.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Most definitely. The Offensive coaches need to add a bunch more plays over the bye and add some new wrinkles. I like the motion
packages etc.

For an offensive mind Zac is supposed to be, they are way to predictable. It's either JB in SG and empty, or Mixon getting the handoff. Why are they so closed mind about it? It's puzzling when they have the players to do it.
Reply/Quote