Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Time to move on from Frank Pollack
Through 6 games, only 419 rush yards. 3.5 YPC.
Bengals 2nd to last in rushing attempts, last in rushing yards.
26th in the league in YPC. Somehow there are 6 worse.

When it comes to pass protection, Burrow has been sacked 14 times, which is actually around middle of the pack.
Burrow has suffered 40 QB hits through 6 games though, showing the defensive pressure is getting to him, he's just getting the ball away just before getting sacked.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Cody Ford is the first guy off the bench at tackle.... Cody Ford.

Does not make sense.
Why on Earth would they not have Jackson Carman as the backup LT?
Smith was the inactive OT yesterday, not Carman.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The offensive line and running game have been below average since 2016. It's unfair just to blame Frank for the problems. Also the running game hasn't been complete trash this season(despite YPC will tell you) and has had its moments these past two seasons.

At some point we have to acknowledge that the problem is bigger than just some offensive line coach.

I'm not a loyalist to Frank but the guys that have been here do not fit what he was brought here to do. Plus he did a nice job of changing schemes last season

A
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:25 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Through 6 games, only 419 rush yards. 3.5 YPC.
Bengals 2nd to last in rushing attempts, last in rushing yards.
26th in the league in YPC. Somehow there are 6 worse.

When it comes to pass protection, Burrow has been sacked 14 times, which is actually around middle of the pack.
Burrow has suffered 40 QB hits through 6 games though, showing the defensive pressure is getting to him, he's just getting the ball away just before getting sacked.

The lack of mobility with Burrow hasn't helped matters either.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:21 AM)Synric Wrote: Cody Ford is the first guy off the bench at tackle.... Cody Ford.

It ain’t gonna be “do i even really like football” Jackson Carman.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
A new voice is needed.. and I'm sorry but he's changed schemes twice now mid-season. If he doesn't know what his O-Line excels at then he's a poor evaluator and coach.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:45 AM)QueenCity Wrote: A new voice is needed.. and I'm sorry but he's changed schemes twice now mid-season. If he doesn't know what his O-Line excels at then he's a poor evaluator and coach.

He’s awful as an evaluator and schemer
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:05 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's part of his official job description. "Offensive line coach and run game coordinator".

Two parts of this offense have been below average/bad since he's been hired. Offensive line play and the run game.

Take what you will from this information...

I was watching the Bills game last night and they were running the ball and their RB was able to take the ball, move past the line of scrimmage, and then his feet were still on the ground, so he was able to, like, move left or right based on where the defenders were.

It was remarkable stuff. I thought the only run play was for the RB to just dive into a pile of OL and DL and get his body's length in yards past the line of scrimmage.

These Bills. 

They're offensive innovators.

We may want to try doing what they're doing.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:48 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was watching the Bills game last night and they were running the ball and their RB was able to take the ball, move past the line of scrimmage, and then his feet were still on the ground, so he was able to, like, move left or right based on where the defenders were.

It was remarkable stuff. I thought the only run play was for the RB to just dive into a pile of OL and DL and get his body's length in yards past the line of scrimmage.

These Bills. 

They're offensive innovators.

We may want to try doing what they're doing.

Yeah, but they have good RBs that just don't go blindly into the hole. The adapt when necessary and have the vision and speed to do so.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:48 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s awful as an evaluator and schemer

Evaluator, scheme, communication, etc. 

How many times this year have we seen a free rusher go right at Burrow unblocked? It happens at LEAST once a game. It happened yesterday and killed a driver in the second half on third down. 

To me that is communication and not having your guys prepared. It happens to often.  
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Between the run game with solely Mixon and then no tight end threat of any kind, it's hard to see how this team will make a Super Bowl run.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:12 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Between the run game with solely Mixon and then no tight end threat of any kind, it's hard to see how this team will make a Super Bowl run.

How we didn't draft a tight end this year with how deep the class was is just so so bad. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:03 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Yeah, but they have good RBs that just don't go blindly into the hole. The adapt when necessary and have the vision and speed to do so.

See? These are the trade secrets that not every run game coordinator knows. Someone should write this stuff down and send it to Frank. It'll blow his mind.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:12 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Between the run game with solely Mixon and then no tight end threat of any kind, it's hard to see how this team will make a Super Bowl run.

I said it in the game thread, Mixon would get tripped up by a piece of notebook paper.

Pollack’s time should be up. It’s insanity.
Reply/Quote

It's a passing league. IF we can get back to a top 5 passing offense, and the defense plays lights out and gets pressure on the QB...we can make a SB run.

Really Higgins has to get going. THAT'S what this offense needs.
Reply/Quote

This team doesn't look like a SB contender at all. For some reason Zac and Co. refuse to add anything other than JB and a little of 1 RB, Mixon. Mixon isn't a bad back but is between a bruiser and a faster scat back and just doesn't seem to light the run game. Tight End threat AND a decent run game could work wonders but they are hell bent on JB or nothing. Other teams are on to them.

OT- Did anybody see J Allen fire that bullet in the end zone on the run to his right for the winning TD last night? Don't know if JB makes that play or not. Perfect pass between 2 defenders with plenty of steam on it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:22 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I said it in the game thread, Mixon would get tripped up by a piece of notebook paper.

1000% times this.

Drives me NUTS.  First man to touch him brings him down.  I actually thought several times there were huge holes or opportunities for some big runs if he could just break ONE tackle, but.....NOPE!
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 10:45 AM)QueenCity Wrote: A new voice is needed..  and I'm sorry but he's changed schemes twice now mid-season. If he doesn't know what his O-Line excels at then he's a poor evaluator and coach.

Dude apparently doesn't even know that Cordell Volson sucks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:29 AM)Cat-Man Wrote: 1000% times this.

Drives me NUTS.  First man to touch him brings him down.  I actually thought several times there were huge holes or opportunities for some big runs if he could just break ONE tackle, but.....NOPE!

There were holes (relative to what we’re used to) yesterday. 4 yards is his max. That’s all you get LOL
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:22 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I said it in the game thread, Mixon would get tripped up by a piece of notebook paper.

I’ve seen air trip Mixon up.
Reply/Quote