Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Titans Game
JSS is playing tonight too. That makes things even more interesting.

Stupid Stoolers.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'd much rather play the Titans. Nothing about going to Buffalo sounds good right now. Stopping Derrick Henry and the Titans rushing attack overall does not sound good but much better than Buffalo. Then if we managed to beat the Titans we hopefully play KC but either them or Buffalo would be very tough in the AFC championship game.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:51 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: We need our D Line back to contain Henry. 

But I really do like this Matchup. Burrow was just okay last night. What if he has a breakout game like the Ravens or Cheifs. We're just one of those games away from the AFC title game.

Burrow was more than “just ok.”

He completed 70.5% of his passes, 244 yds, 2 TD’s, 0 INT, 110.4 rating.

But yes, there’s another level he can still hit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:55 AM)Whacked Wrote: Tennessee is the #1 seed for a reason.

That said, for some reason, I’d rather get them than the Chiefs or Bills at home.

I think we match up with Tennesse better.

Regardless of who we play from here on out - we need to show up full strength.

I don’t feel like we did against the Raiders.

We need to fire on all cylinders to get to the SB.

I think it’s the fact that the Chiefs and Bills have elite QB’s and 99% of the time that is required to make or win the Super Bowl, so you just feel like the Titans are just waiting to be knocked off. Also in general they’re just not as explosive they’re a wear and tear over 4 quarters team.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow was more than “just ok.”

That seam throw over the linebacker's shoulder right into CJ Uzomah's waiting arms was one of the best throws I've seen from a QB all year.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:47 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Assuming the Chiefs take care of business against the Steelers, how many are going to Nashville next week?

On a related note, I’m kinda happy with playing the Titans rather than Bills or Chiefs at their homes. Thoughts?

Yesterday the Jungle was rocking. I love you all, and I’m so happy for the city, the team, for Zac and yes for us the Long Suffering But LOYAL fans!!!  Who Dey

I took a chance and bought a ticket already, thinking regardless I will be able to break even if three events (Bengals, Buffalo and Chiefs win) don;t work out this weekend, now im down to KC tonight.. Ive been to Titan's stadium and it is very similar to Paul Brown in style and really enjoyed watching a game there.  I think some on the board are overlooking the Titans a bit compared to KC and Buffalo.  They earned the 1st seed with Henry only playing like 7 games and Jones in and out of lineup.  Now both are back and they will be fully loaded on offense, there defense is up and down but overall in playoffs last two years they have played pretty well. 

I do think if this game happens, it will be a game both teams score in the 20s... i don;t see much difference in who we play either Buffalo or Tenn but I do give the Bills more of a home field advantage and do hope KC takes care of business so i can root Bengals on next week in Nashville.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:47 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Assuming the Chiefs take care of business against the Steelers, how many are going to Nashville next week?

On a related note, I’m kinda happy with playing the Titans rather than Bills or Chiefs at their homes. Thoughts?

Yesterday the Jungle was rocking. I love you all, and I’m so happy for the city, the team, for Zac and yes for us the Long Suffering But LOYAL fans!!!  Who Dey

My prediction was the Bengals beat Raiders, then beat Titans, then beat Bills (as I think they beat KC). 

I am SO FRICKING HAPPY!!!  Not just that they won but for all the people that love the Bengals and all the new young fans that will grow up in the Burrow/Chase Era!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow was more than “just ok.”

Not being able to maximize the number of red zone trips is what makes it just okay. He's capable for much more. The Titans' defense should give him the opportunity to play at the level.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:10 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: We need to get up early on them to minimize the run game, when Jacobs ran yesterday it felt like he was shredding us Everytime.

Looking now I see he averaged 6.4 YPC and he ain't anywhere close to as good as Henry.

Let's hope the run D can step up and a big part of that is gonna depend on who we lost yesterday on the DLine.

Yeah our run defense needs to step it up big time. Make Tannehill beat us in the air. 
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:55 AM)Whacked Wrote: Tennessee is the #1 seed for a reason.

That said, for some reason, I’d rather get them than the Chiefs or Bills at home.

I think we match up with Tennesse better.

Regardless of who we play from here on out - we need to show up full strength.

I don’t feel like we did against the Raiders.

We need to fire on all cylinders to get to the SB.

They took advantage of a conference that was a dead heat most of the season and an AFC South that was shit. 

The cream of the crop they did play was at their lowest points of the year (ALA Kansas City) 

That's why they're the # 1 seed
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:33 PM)Synric Wrote: That seam throw over the linebacker's shoulder right into CJ Uzomah's waiting arms was one of the best throws I've seen from a QB all year.

Yep. Him and Carr both had an absolutely gorgeous throw to their TE down the seam.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:26 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I think it’s the fact that the Chiefs and Bills have elite QB’s and 99% of the time that is required to make or win the Super Bowl, so you just feel like the Titans are just waiting to be knocked off. Also in general they’re just not as explosive they’re a wear and tear over 4 quarters team.

Well history in last decade shows that just ok QBs are getting to the Super Bowl and if you take out the GOAT in the past decade, it is amazing how many average or one hit wonders are making it there.  Tannehill is 30-13 as Titans starter, 2-2 in playoffs, Allen is 39-21, 3-2 in playoffs.  Tannehill is solid and can hold his own in the playoffs and sadly Titans now are totally healthy on offense with Henry and Jones ready to go.. 

Of the three teams, the Titans have the running game and short passing to control the clock and if our Dline is banged up this could cause problems against the Titans, i prefer to play KC over Buffalo or Tenn but that is not happening for next weekend anyway... 
Reply/Quote
I have no idea how the titans are the #1, hats off to that entire team and coach Vrabel on that accomplishment.

Outside if 4 guys-Henry, Jones, Brown and Byard…Ok Rannehil too which makes 5, I know no one else on that team.

What are they susceptible against? I really don’t believe in Tannehill will beat the Bengals, we beat them last year. How are they different?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:56 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I have no idea how the titans are the  #1, hats off to that entire team and coach Vrabel on that accomplishment.

Outside if 4 guys-Henry, Jones, Brown and Byard…Ok Rannehil too which makes 5, I know no one else on that team.

What are they susceptible against? I really don’t believe in Tannehill will beat the Bengals, we beat them last year. How are they different?

13th ranked defense with two elite safeties over the top.

They also have a middle of the pack D-Line. They can be just as good as the higher tier d-lines on a good day. 

Linebackers have a familiar face in Bud Dupree.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure the Chiefs are going to win, but nothing is guaranteed.

I'll wait until after the game before I start talking about the Titans.

But just one fact to consider.  8 of the Titans 12 wins came against teams that ended with a winning record.  That is the highest number in the league and twice as many as the Bengals (4).  Their stats may not "wow" you, but they just find ways to win against good teams.
Reply/Quote
One good thing about playing the Titans. Zac knows Tannehill as well as anyone.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:03 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: 13th ranked defense with two elite safeties over the top.

They also have a middle of the pack D-Line. They can be just as good as the higher tier d-lines on a good day. 

Linebackers have a familiar face in Bud Dupree.

There names on that line list look like a bunch of no name dudes with respect to that D. There corners any good? Are the safeties so good that it will be tough to throw in them? Menver was the last game I remember them not getting the passing attack going.
Reply/Quote
While the Titans have the 6th-best defense in Points Allowed, they are 25th in Passing Yards Allowed.
If the Bengals can pass on this team and the Bengals can stop Henry and Foreman, this game is winnable.
They do have a decent collection of pass rushers though:
Harold Landry - 12 sacks
Denico Autry - 9 sacks
Jeffery Simmons - 8.5 sacks
Bud Dupree is back too, and while he hasn't had a great season, he's worth keeping an eye on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:56 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I have no idea how the titans are the  #1, hats off to that entire team and coach Vrabel on that accomplishment.

The Titans live and die by their run game.
Their only real pass catching threat is AJ Brown.
Julio Jones isn't much of a factor in the offense.

Double AJ Brown and stack the box. That will give the best chance to stop their offense.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One good thing about playing the Titans. Zac knows Tannehill as well as anyone.

Zac does not have a clue about what makes Tannehill effective.  If he did then Tannehill would have been good with the Fins.
Reply/Quote