Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Titans Game
(01-16-2022, 11:58 AM)Cosmokramer Wrote:  
I agree, after watching the games last night, in think the Bills scare me the most, something about a QB who can run like this is gonna be a nightmare for us.

The Bills have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL and the #3 scoring offense. They are very impressive.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:00 PM)Titans2022 Wrote: Titans fan here and I come in peace.

First thing first- the bengals are the last team of the 4 options that I wanted to play. I do think the titans can win for sure but Burrow and the WRs scare me. I think he’s a top 5 QB already, Chase is awesome, and most casual fans don’t realize how good Higgins and Boyd are. I used to watch Boyd dominate in college. Mixon also is no slouch. Lots of titans fans actually thought we had a shot at burrow when mariota was failing and before the championship run when most thought burrow was a mid 1st round pick.

Honest, yet I’m sure still somewhat bias assessment of the titans-

The week off for them was huge. Lots of guys beat up and the time off surely helped, including giving Henry more time.

AJ Brown I feel like is severely underrated and is a top 10 WR. Missed numerous games this year due to injury but is very strong, typically great YAC and is very strong. He is Tannehill most trusted target without question.

Julio has been a huge disappointment due to injury and frankly not getting a ton of targets. He did have a really good last game of the regular season so titans fans are hopeful he can keep it up.

The tight ends are awesome. You will see firkser and swaim catch balls bc of all the attention to Brown and Jones and they can flash but overall not good. Can’t block we’ll at all. Priutt was solid but he broke his ankle in the last game sadly.

Offensive line is really good run blocking, not great pass blocking, especially the right tackle. They drafted a RT in the 1st two years ago (Wilson) who is maybe the biggest bust ever and then dragged a 2nd round guy this year whose played mostly at guard and is a backup. So Quessenberry is a career journeyman/practice squad guy. He came back from cancer so he’s amazing person but mediocre tackle for sure.

Tannehill isn’t elite but he’s better than most realize, especially with the main guys playing. His Miami rep hurts him and he’s had a down year overall but we still like him. Don’t ignore his running ability although he doesn’t do it a ton. He’s top 3 I think in QB rushing touchdowns this year.

I am very excited to have Henry back, he will play barring a setback in practice. The stadium will lose their minds during his intro BUT I have realistic expectations like most.  He’s a freak but I don’t expect him to be 2k rusher Henry right away. Statistically the titans ran for a few more yards after he got hurt than before. Foreman is solid and earned some money from someone after this year.  Henry I am hoping will make defense play differently and can help play action be more effective where the titans really shine, especially those crossers with Brown.

I do think some Bengals fans underestimated the titans D line. If you like up Baldy on Twitter (most know him as one of the best analysts) he has a long video explaining why the titans have the best front 4 in the NFL. Simmons, I believe, is the best DL not named Donald. His 3 sacks against the rams on SNF showed what he can do. He’s extremely strong. Autry has been our best free agent and really flashes dominance. Tart/Jones are good run stuffing NTs. The titans are the 2nd best run D in the league, only losing 1st by 6 yards. Durpree had a slow start bc he was coming off the ACL but has really ramped it up recently. Lastly Landry is unknown to most but he has 12 sacks I believe and is gonna get paid
Majorly this off-season.

Linebacks are hit or miss. Evans has been benched recently thank god. 1st round pick who won’t be back next year. He’s good on the goal line but otherwise is awful. Titans just claimed Cunningham who has been very solid. Long is probably our best LBer, really instinctive.  Brown used to be good but is on the downswing and will be his last year in TN.

Secondary- Fulton is our top corner and had a really solid year. He was at LSU with Chase/Burrow so they’re extremely familiar with each other. Curious to see how that impacts things if any. Jenkins is the other corner. He’s very hold/cold. Great one game and crap the other.

Molden is the slot corner, a rookie, who has been really good minus a few games. He has no speed but very instinctual. He’s had a few real bad games but 80% been really good. Overall I trust him but he can be exploited at times.

Byard I selfishly is the best safety in the NFL (I think Bates is super underrated going back to his wake forest days!). Byard is pro bowl and 1st team all pro.  The other safety, Hooker is very underrated. He is top 5 safety according to PFF (who I know can be crap). So we love the safety due.

Kern is the best punter in titans history and a big weapon.

I know you’re familiar with the kicker Bullock. I don’t trust him at all. He’s had a solid year but ever since he missed a field goal for the bengals, that would’ve sent the titans to the playoffs, I’ve disliked him. He’s had a really solid year overall but I don’t trust him in big situations.

Wouldn’t trade Vrabel for any other coach in the league. He is 8-0 coming off a bye week.

Any questions anyone has I’m happy to answer.
Long time titans season ticket holder who will be at the game. If the titans weren’t playing if root for the bengals. Burrow is just a winner!
Wow. Thanks for the in-depth report.
Reply/Quote
Bullock???? Oh, you mean Fat Randy Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Henry is going to boost their running game, but anyone doubting Ryan Tannehill is kidding themselves. He is a dangerous QB, and Henry does not make Tannehill who he is. I've broken down Tannehill by week so you can see his trend throughout the season. What is interesting to note is that Julio Jones was injured in week nine and A.J. Brown was injured in week 10. Julio returned in week 14 and A.J. Brown returned in week 16. The time where these two were missing lines up very well with Tannehill's mid-season struggles. Once they returned, the passing game effectiveness went up.

[Image: uzwuhLG.png]

On the flipside, here is the Titans rush game EPA per attempt, mapped out by week for this season.

[Image: JE89Pv4.png]

So, Henry coming back is going to boost the Titans running game and the Titans WR's are healthy, so their passing game is plenty dangerous. Something to keep in mind is that with all of the injuries, Henry and company could be running against a practice squad quality defensive line and Tannehill could be operating without much fear of pressure getting home if Hendrickson can't play. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:06 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bullock???? Oh, you mean Fat Randy Hilarious

Ha ironically that’s what titans fans call him too. I’ve even seen a guy walking around with a fat Randy on his jersey name plate.

He’s hit some big kicks and missed too many. I don’t trust him in the playoffs but clearly they’re not gonna make a change now.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Went to a Titans game about 5 years ago. Their fans were lame. Not nearly as into it as Bengals fans are at their game. I wouldn't expect the atmosphere at that game to rival anything we had last night.

You remember what exact year it was?
In 2014, Titans went 2-14.
In 2015, the Titans went 3-13.
Then for 4 years straight the team was 9-7.
That last year of 9-7 they did go to the AFCCG though.
They've been winning a lot ever since.

It's possible you went during a year not much was expected, of which it's natural that the fans aren't as engaged.

You better believe Titans fans will be into it at a home playoff game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:59 PM)Nepa Wrote: Wow. Thanks for the in-depth report.

One thing not being discussed… Zac Taylor knows Ryan Tannehill’s weaknesses like nobody else on the planet. They are close. Zac was his QB coach 4 years at Texas A&M and several years at Miami. When Zac took over as interim OC his last year there was Ryan’s best. Don’t have a clue if it’s any advantage at all. But I’ve been saying this for weeks as the Bengals had some tough games. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. At this point in the season the better QB play and whether it be Derrick Henry or Ja Mar Chase or a defensive player that makes big plays is the difference.

The Bengals if without Hendrickson and Ogunjobi would be unlikely to win. But the Bengals are a little like the Chiefs they can go off. If they do you’d better be able to answer and I’m not sure Ryan Tannehill forced to come from behind is the best.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:00 PM)Titans2022 Wrote: Titans fan here and I come in peace.

First thing first- the bengals are the last team of the 4 options that I wanted to play. I do think the titans can win for sure but Burrow and the WRs scare me. I think he’s a top 5 QB already, Chase is awesome, and most casual fans don’t realize how good Higgins and Boyd are. I used to watch Boyd dominate in college. Mixon also is no slouch. Lots of titans fans actually thought we had a shot at burrow when mariota was failing and before the championship run when most thought burrow was a mid 1st round pick.

Honest, yet I’m sure still somewhat bias assessment of the titans-

The week off for them was huge. Lots of guys beat up and the time off surely helped, including giving Henry more time.

AJ Brown I feel like is severely underrated and is a top 10 WR. Missed numerous games this year due to injury but is very strong, typically great YAC and is very strong. He is Tannehill most trusted target without question.

Julio has been a huge disappointment due to injury and frankly not getting a ton of targets. He did have a really good last game of the regular season so titans fans are hopeful he can keep it up.

The tight ends are awesome. You will see firkser and swaim catch balls bc of all the attention to Brown and Jones and they can flash but overall not good. Can’t block we’ll at all. Priutt was solid but he broke his ankle in the last game sadly.

Offensive line is really good run blocking, not great pass blocking, especially the right tackle. They drafted a RT in the 1st two years ago (Wilson) who is maybe the biggest bust ever and then dragged a 2nd round guy this year whose played mostly at guard and is a backup. So Quessenberry is a career journeyman/practice squad guy. He came back from cancer so he’s amazing person but mediocre tackle for sure.

Tannehill isn’t elite but he’s better than most realize, especially with the main guys playing. His Miami rep hurts him and he’s had a down year overall but we still like him. Don’t ignore his running ability although he doesn’t do it a ton. He’s top 3 I think in QB rushing touchdowns this year.

I am very excited to have Henry back, he will play barring a setback in practice. The stadium will lose their minds during his intro BUT I have realistic expectations like most. He’s a freak but I don’t expect him to be 2k rusher Henry right away. Statistically the titans ran for a few more yards after he got hurt than before. Foreman is solid and earned some money from someone after this year. Henry I am hoping will make defense play differently and can help play action be more effective where the titans really shine, especially those crossers with Brown.

I do think some Bengals fans underestimated the titans D line. If you like up Baldy on Twitter (most know him as one of the best analysts) he has a long video explaining why the titans have the best front 4 in the NFL. Simmons, I believe, is the best DL not named Donald. His 3 sacks against the rams on SNF showed what he can do. He’s extremely strong. Autry has been our best free agent and really flashes dominance. Tart/Jones are good run stuffing NTs. The titans are the 2nd best run D in the league, only losing 1st by 6 yards. Durpree had a slow start bc he was coming off the ACL but has really ramped it up recently. Lastly Landry is unknown to most but he has 12 sacks I believe and is gonna get paid
Majorly this off-season.

Linebacks are hit or miss. Evans has been benched recently thank god. 1st round pick who won’t be back next year. He’s good on the goal line but otherwise is awful. Titans just claimed Cunningham who has been very solid. Long is probably our best LBer, really instinctive. Brown used to be good but is on the downswing and will be his last year in TN.

Secondary- Fulton is our top corner and had a really solid year. He was at LSU with Chase/Burrow so they’re extremely familiar with each other. Curious to see how that impacts things if any. Jenkins is the other corner. He’s very hold/cold. Great one game and crap the other.

Molden is the slot corner, a rookie, who has been really good minus a few games. He has no speed but very instinctual. He’s had a few real bad games but 80% been really good. Overall I trust him but he can be exploited at times.

Byard I selfishly is the best safety in the NFL (I think Bates is super underrated going back to his wake forest days!). Byard is pro bowl and 1st team all pro. The other safety, Hooker is very underrated. He is top 5 safety according to PFF (who I know can be crap). So we love the safety due.

Kern is the best punter in titans history and a big weapon.

I know you’re familiar with the kicker Bullock. I don’t trust him at all. He’s had a solid year but ever since he missed a field goal for the bengals, that would’ve sent the titans to the playoffs, I’ve disliked him. He’s had a really solid year overall but I don’t trust him in big situations.

Wouldn’t trade Vrabel for any other coach in the league. He is 8-0 coming off a bye week.

Any questions anyone has I’m happy to answer.
Long time titans season ticket holder who will be at the game. If the titans weren’t playing if root for the bengals. Burrow is just a winner!

Thanks for the insight. Hope no Titans fans are offended that many would rather face them rather than the Bills. Not meant to be a knock on the Titans.

As an OSU fan I’m happy to see Vrabel having the success he is having. Like to see our coach win COY but Vrabel is also at least as deserving.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Thanks for the insight. Hope no Titans fans are offended that many would rather face them rather than the Bills. Not meant to be a knock on the Titans.

As an OSU fan I’m happy to see Vrabel having the success he is having. Like to see our coach win COY but Vrabel is also at least as deserving.

Nah not at all. I’d probably feel the same.

Titans fans are sick of analysts saying they’re a fake 1 seed and the worst 1 seed ever.

Especially after the bills game last night I get it why I’d want to avoid them as long as possible too. I am excited the titans got a week off and are at home.

The local media reported they scouted the bengals heavily this week as it was the only team that they could play that they weren’t familiar with/hadn’t played yet. So obviously 2 weeks to prepare for 1 opponent doesn’t hurt, especially when Vrabel is 8-0 after a bye.

But like another poster mentioned, the titans had a few 2-14 and 3-14 seasons so it’s just to enjoy this. Best position they’ve had to
Win a super bowl in many years. They’re resilient. There was a 6 week stretch during the year that most were begging for 3-3 and they ended up 6-0 which was crazy. That stretched helped them to get the 1 seed obviously.

At Jax
Vs Buffalo
Vs Kansas City
At Indy
At rams
Vs saints

Only 2 teams have 6 or more consecutive winning seasons- Titans and Chiefs. They continue to fly under the radar but we love Vrabel and JRob (the GM).

While I’d rather have played the pats or raiders, and rooting for a huge Steelers upset, the bengals would certainly be the most exciting match up.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:33 PM)Titans2022 Wrote: Nah not at all. I’d probably feel the same.

Titans fans are sick of analysts saying they’re a fake 1 seed and the worst 1 seed ever.

Especially after the bills game last night I get it why I’d want to avoid them as long as possible too. I am excited the titans got a week off and are at home.

The local media reported they scouted the bengals heavily this week as it was the only team that they could play that they weren’t familiar with/hadn’t played yet. So obviously 2 weeks to prepare for 1 opponent doesn’t hurt, especially when Vrabel is 8-0 after a bye.

But like another poster mentioned, the titans had a few 2-14 and 3-14 seasons so it’s just to enjoy this. Best position they’ve had to
Win a super bowl in many years. They’re resilient. There was a 6 week stretch during the year that most were begging for 3-3 and they ended up 6-0 which was crazy. That stretched helped them to get the 1 seed obviously.

At Jax
Vs Buffalo
Vs Kansas City
At Indy
At rams
Vs saints

Only 2 teams have 6 or more consecutive winning seasons- Titans and Chiefs. They continue to fly under the radar but we love Vrabel and JRob (the GM).

While I’d rather have played the pats or raiders, and rooting for a huge Steelers upset, the bengals would certainly be the most exciting match up.

Screw analysts. Titans are the #1 seed because they earned it and they did it without their best player for half the year.

Probably sounds like loser talk, but I am now content. Got the monkey off our backs and anything else is gravy. Way better than I anticipated at the beginning of the year. And yes fellow board members it’s ok for me to say that. I’m not on the team.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Screw analysts. Titans are the #1 seed because they earned it and they did it without their best player for half the year.

Probably sounds like loser talk, but I am now content. Got the monkey off our backs and anything else is gravy. Way better than I anticipated at the beginning of the year. And yes fellow board members it’s ok for me to say that. I’m not on the team.

I would say the majority of fans would agree with this sentiment. Obviously we'd all love to win and think we can but getting the monkey off our collective backs was huge. Hopefully it even helps the team play a little more loose (not that they looked tight) but I don't believe it wasn't in some players minds. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Henry is going to boost their running game, but anyone doubting Ryan Tannehill is kidding themselves. He is a dangerous QB, and Henry does not make Tannehill who he is. I've broken down Tannehill by week so you can see his trend throughout the season. What is interesting to note is that Julio Jones was injured in week nine and A.J. Brown was injured in week 10. Julio returned in week 14 and A.J. Brown returned in week 16. The time where these two were missing lines up very well with Tannehill's mid-season struggles. Once they returned, the passing game effectiveness went up.

On the flipside, here is the Titans rush game EPA per attempt, mapped out by week for this season.

So, Henry coming back is going to boost the Titans running game and the Titans WR's are healthy, so their passing game is plenty dangerous. Something to keep in mind is that with all of the injuries, Henry and company could be running against a practice squad quality defensive line and Tannehill could be operating without much fear of pressure getting home if Hendrickson can't play. 
Well I guess Burrow will just have to win in a shootout.  I like Burrow more than I like Tannehill 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac does not have a clue about what makes Tannehill effective.  If he did then Tannehill would have been good with the Fins.

Seriously? Your opinions and me don’t mesh. I’m going to have to keep away from them. I try to give everybody the benefit of the doubt but ridiculous incorrect opinions I can only take so much of. Being Tannehill’s QB coach for 8 years would seem to be a benefit and Zac’s last year with him was Tannehill’s best at Miami.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One good thing about playing the Titans. Zac knows Tannehill as well as anyone.

(01-16-2022, 06:12 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: One thing not being discussed… Zac Taylor knows Ryan Tannehill’s weaknesses like nobody else on the planet.
 They are close. Zac was his QB coach 4 years at Texas A&M and several years at Miami. When Zac took over as interim OC his last year there was Ryan’s best. Don’t have a clue if it’s any advantage at all. But I’ve been saying this for weeks as the Bengals had some tough games. Big time players make big time plays in big time games. At this point in the season the better QB play and whether it be Derrick Henry or Ja Mar Chase or a defensive player that makes big plays is the difference.

The Bengals if without Hendrickson and Ogunjobi would be unlikely to win. But the Bengals are a little like the Chiefs they can go off. If they do you’d better be able to answer and I’m not sure Ryan Tannehill forced to come from behind is the best.

I mentioned it and then Fred went into troll mode for some reason. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:07 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Henry is going to boost their running game, but anyone doubting Ryan Tannehill is kidding themselves. He is a dangerous QB, and Henry does not make Tannehill who he is. I've broken down Tannehill by week so you can see his trend throughout the season. What is interesting to note is that Julio Jones was injured in week nine and A.J. Brown was injured in week 10. Julio returned in week 14 and A.J. Brown returned in week 16. The time where these two were missing lines up very well with Tannehill's mid-season struggles. Once they returned, the passing game effectiveness went up.

I don’t think anyone is doubting him, but he’s not Mahomes or Allen.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 07:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I mentioned it and then Fred went into troll mode for some reason. 

Fred in troll mode? I can’t imagine. I’m new to this board but he’s a doozy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:12 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You remember what exact year it was?
In 2014, Titans went 2-14.
In 2015, the Titans went 3-13.
Then for 4 years straight the team was 9-7.
That last year of 9-7 they did go to the AFCCG though.
They've been winning a lot ever since.

It's possible you went during a year not much was expected, of which it's natural that the fans aren't as engaged.

You better believe Titans fans will be into it at a home playoff game.

It was the game where AJ Green had that 80 yard TD catch. There were many Titans fans at the game, they just weren't into it. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:28 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Don’t sleep on a healthy Julio Jones, now.

Even if it ain’t Atlanta Julio, he’s still gonna be 1 on 1 with Apple

I'll take the younger, healthier meme that's playing his best football over the night-and-day perpetually injured WR who's a slightly better verrsion of AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:47 AM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: Assuming the Chiefs take care of business against the Steelers, how many are going to Nashville next week?

On a related note, I’m kinda happy with playing the Titans rather than Bills or Chiefs at their homes. Thoughts?

Yesterday the Jungle was rocking. I love you all, and I’m so happy for the city, the team, for Zac and yes for us the Long Suffering But LOYAL fans!!!  Who Dey

We needed the Titans, they are the team we match up very well against.

The Bills are the ones we don't have a clue about. They look great after watching them beat down the Patriots.

Scared me a bit. Twitch
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We needed the Titans, they are the team we match up very well against.

The Bills are the ones we don't have a clue about. They look great after watching them beat down the Patriots.

Scared me a bit. Twitch

Bills scared me as well but ultimately getting to the Super Bowl isn't meant to be easy so bring on whomever we play.
Reply/Quote