Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Titans Game
(01-16-2022, 10:46 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Bills scared me as well but ultimately getting to the Super Bowl isn't meant to be easy so bring on whomever we play.

Truth, I also think we can handle Josh Allen and their running game much better than the Pats did that game if our DT's
aren't all hurt. This is the question with us right now, need to stop the run with some of our backups. We went from the 
deepest DT room to it being shaky with the Larry O and Mikey D injuries. Need to add a guy if these dudes are bad off.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth, I also think we can handle Josh Allen and their running game much better than the Pats did that game if our DT's
aren't all hurt. This is the question with us right now, need to stop the run with some of our backups. We went from the 
deepest DT room to it being shaky with the Larry O and Mikey D injuries. Need to add a guy if these dudes are bad off.

For sure. Shelvin looked slow against the Browns so I don't know if he's the answer or not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure. Shelvin looked slow against the Browns so I don't know if he's the answer or not.

Same, Shelvin should of kept in better shape in case. Initially loved the pick but didn't like what I saw in that Browns game.
Reply/Quote
Steelers playing tough. Might wanna hold off on this playing Titans.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 06:33 PM)Titans2022 Wrote: Nah not at all. I’d probably feel the same.

Titans fans are sick of analysts saying they’re a fake 1 seed and the worst 1 seed ever.

Especially after the bills game last night I get it why I’d want to avoid them as long as possible too. I am excited the titans got a week off and are at home.

The local media reported they scouted the bengals heavily this week as it was the only team that they could play that they weren’t familiar with/hadn’t played yet. So obviously 2 weeks to prepare for 1 opponent doesn’t hurt, especially when Vrabel is 8-0 after a bye.

But like another poster mentioned, the titans had a few 2-14 and 3-14 seasons so it’s just to enjoy this. Best position they’ve had to
Win a super bowl in many years. They’re resilient. There was a 6 week stretch during the year that most were begging for 3-3 and they ended up 6-0 which was crazy. That stretched helped them to get the 1 seed obviously.

At Jax
Vs Buffalo
Vs Kansas City
At Indy
At rams
Vs saints

Only 2 teams have 6 or more consecutive winning seasons- Titans and Chiefs. They continue to fly under the radar but we love Vrabel and JRob (the GM).

While I’d rather have played the pats or raiders, and rooting for a huge Steelers upset, the bengals would certainly be the most exciting match up.

For me, I prefer the Titans over the Bills because Allen > Tannehill, and a big bulky running QB kinda freaks me out. Also, the weather in Buffalo could be brutal, potentially.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For me, I prefer the Titans over the Bills because Allen > Tannehill, and a big bulky running QB kinda freaks me out. Also, the weather in Buffalo could be brutal, potentially.

My thoughts as well. Bills are rough cause of Allen. We probably would play him tough because he can play like Lamar and we
now can handle running QB's but Allen is a different type, dude is big and strong and has touch in the pocket unlike Lamar and
has a monster arm and has gotten much more accurate in the NFL.

Josh Allen is a bit of a freak and looks comfortable right now, not good for any team playing the Bills.

Would be a great game with our guys I think but I wouldn't be very sure of a victory over them in their place thats for sure.

The Titans are good but I think we matchup with them very well.

Nice hearing from this Titans fan BTW.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 10:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: For sure. Shelvin looked slow against the Browns so I don't know if he's the answer or not.

But he is a body. We need to give Reader and Hill a breather
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: But he is a body. We need to give Reader and Hill a breather

Shelvin is a big body. Twitch
Reply/Quote
A big boy for sure. I just wonder if coaches will go with him.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:55 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: A big boy for sure. I just wonder if coaches will go with him.

I bet we bring someone else in regardless if both Larry O and Mikey D are out for any significant time.

Tupou also is day to day so we don't know whats up there either dang it all.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:06 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I bet we bring someone else in regardless if both Larry O and Mikey D are out for any significant time.

Tupou also is day to day so we don't know whats up there either dang it all.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope Trey is okay with the concussion issue..
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:08 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: It will be interesting to see what happens. I hope Trey is okay with the concussion issue..

THAT is for damn sure. Trey is muchly needed even if I still like our other guys he is our best pass rusher bar none.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think this is a game to play conservative. If we can attack them deep and test their secondary, I’m not sure they’re built to play from behind against our team.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:21 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: I don’t think this is a game to play conservative.   If we can attack them deep and test their secondary, I’m not sure they’re built to play from behind against our team.

Sounds like another Chase game, but if they double him might want to hit Tee and Boyd over the middle all game long.

This actually fits what we do best at this time actually.

Just hard to double Chase when he is in the Slot, tough Offense to play against for the Titans.

Mixon needs some rest, I would give Perine and especially Evans a lot of snaps. All of them can catch the ball if we cannot
run it. Use the passing game as an extension of the running game. Works all the time and if they are scared of the deep 
ball like they should be there will be open lanes for Burrow to run. Now that he is 100%

Pervert
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:26 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sounds like another Chase game, but if they double him might want to hit Tee and Boyd over the middle all game long.

This actually fits what we do best at this time actually.

Just hard to double Chase when he is in the Slot, tough Offense to play against for the Titans.

Mixon needs some rest, I would give Perine and especially Evans a lot of snaps. All of them can catch the ball if we cannot
run it. Use the passing game as an extension of the running game. Works all the time and if they are scared of the deep 
ball like they should be there will be open lanes for Burrow to run. Now that he is 100%

Pervert
Totally agree. Their LB’s are good vs run but shaky at times vs coverage. Wonder if Long is going to be back. They recently signed Cunningham after getting released by Houston, and actually started him over Jayon Brown. I think their D has played much better than their actual personnel due to being so well coached. I follow the team pretty closely and respect them a lot , although they are public enemy #1 this week.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:35 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Totally agree.  Their LB’s are good vs run but shaky at times vs coverage.  Wonder if Long is going to be back.  They recently signed Cunningham after getting released by Houston, and actually started him over Jayon Brown.   I think their D has played much better than their actual personnel due to being so well coached.  I follow the team pretty closely and respect them a lot , although they are public enemy #1 this week.

Vrabel is a good coach no question, hope Long doesn't play. Wanted us to draft him. Damn good LB.

Always respect the Titans, they are pretty much always solid and have a good Defense.

I just think we match up well with them with our weapons and our Defense as long as we can stop the run.

The DT injuries to Larry O, Mikey D and Tupou are my concern but we still have Reader, BJ Hill and Shelvin.

Need to add a DT for insurance, should happen in the next day or so.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:00 PM)Titans2022 Wrote: Titans fan here and I come in peace.

First thing first- the bengals are the last team of the 4 options that I wanted to play. I do think the titans can win for sure but Burrow and the WRs scare me. I think he’s a top 5 QB already, Chase is awesome, and most casual fans don’t realize how good Higgins and Boyd are. I used to watch Boyd dominate in college. Mixon also is no slouch. Lots of titans fans actually thought we had a shot at burrow when mariota was failing and before the championship run when most thought burrow was a mid 1st round pick.

Honest, yet I’m sure still somewhat bias assessment of the titans-

The week off for them was huge. Lots of guys beat up and the time off surely helped, including giving Henry more time.

AJ Brown I feel like is severely underrated and is a top 10 WR. Missed numerous games this year due to injury but is very strong, typically great YAC and is very strong. He is Tannehill most trusted target without question.

Julio has been a huge disappointment due to injury and frankly not getting a ton of targets. He did have a really good last game of the regular season so titans fans are hopeful he can keep it up.

The tight ends are awful. You will see firkser and swaim catch balls bc of all the attention to Brown and Jones and they can flash but overall not good. Can’t block we’ll at all. Priutt was solid but he broke his ankle in the last game sadly.

Offensive line is really good run blocking, not great pass blocking, especially the right tackle. They drafted a RT in the 1st two years ago (Wilson) who is maybe the biggest bust ever and then dragged a 2nd round guy this year whose played mostly at guard and is a backup. So Quessenberry is a career journeyman/practice squad guy. He came back from cancer so he’s amazing person but mediocre tackle for sure.

Tannehill isn’t elite but he’s better than most realize, especially with the main guys playing. His Miami rep hurts him and he’s had a down year overall but we still like him. Don’t ignore his running ability although he doesn’t do it a ton. He’s top 3 I think in QB rushing touchdowns this year.

I am very excited to have Henry back, he will play barring a setback in practice. The stadium will lose their minds during his intro BUT I have realistic expectations like most.  He’s a freak but I don’t expect him to be 2k rusher Henry right away. Statistically the titans ran for a few more yards after he got hurt than before. Foreman is solid and earned some money from someone after this year.  Henry I am hoping will make defense play differently and can help play action be more effective where the titans really shine, especially those crossers with Brown.

I do think some Bengals fans underestimated the titans D line. If you like up Baldy on Twitter (most know him as one of the best analysts) he has a long video explaining why the titans have the best front 4 in the NFL. Simmons, I believe, is the best DL not named Donald. His 3 sacks against the rams on SNF showed what he can do. He’s extremely strong. Autry has been our best free agent and really flashes dominance. Tart/Jones are good run stuffing NTs. The titans are the 2nd best run D in the league, only losing 1st by 6 yards. Durpree had a slow start bc he was coming off the ACL but has really ramped it up recently. Lastly Landry is unknown to most but he has 12 sacks I believe and is gonna get paid
Majorly this off-season.

Linebacks are hit or miss. Evans has been benched recently thank god. 1st round pick who won’t be back next year. He’s good on the goal line but otherwise is awful. Titans just claimed Cunningham who has been very solid. Long is probably our best LBer, really instinctive.  Brown used to be good but is on the downswing and will be his last year in TN.

Secondary- Fulton is our top corner and had a really solid year. He was at LSU with Chase/Burrow so they’re extremely familiar with each other. Curious to see how that impacts things if any. Jenkins is the other corner. He’s very hold/cold. Great one game and crap the other.

Molden is the slot corner, a rookie, who has been really good minus a few games. He has no speed but very instinctual. He’s had a few real bad games but 80% been really good. Overall I trust him but he can be exploited at times.

Byard I selfishly is the best safety in the NFL (I think Bates is super underrated going back to his wake forest days!). Byard is pro bowl and 1st team all pro.  The other safety, Hooker is very underrated. He is top 5 safety according to PFF (who I know can be crap). So we love the safety due.

Kern is the best punter in titans history and a big weapon.

I know you’re familiar with the kicker Bullock. I don’t trust him at all. He’s had a solid year but ever since he missed a field goal for the bengals, that would’ve sent the titans to the playoffs, I’ve disliked him. He’s had a really solid year overall but I don’t trust him in big situations.

Wouldn’t trade Vrabel for any other coach in the league. He is 8-0 coming off a bye week.

Any questions anyone has I’m happy to answer.
Long time titans season ticket holder who will be at the game. If the titans weren’t playing if root for the bengals. Burrow is just a winner!

We expect the bias. Dont worry.

Henry coming back is scary. There isnt any way around HEALTHY Derrick Henry. Tannehill has proven nothing to me. And I know he grades better statistically than his stats say but i am just not afraid of Tannehill. With our interior d line being so beat up I am afraid of him but if we were healthy id almost guarantee a win. The fact that we likely wont pressure Tannehill at all is scary and honestly im not looking forward to playing the Titans without a pass rush. Burrow is going to have to be Baltimore 41-13 Burrow to win this game and I dont like putting that pressure on him.

Your TEs will have their opportunities. Period. Our team doesnt guard TEs the best. Julio will not regain form on Uwuzie or Hilton if hes been mid all year. Brown is worrisome only because hes so strong and physical. but we did very well against Chase Claypool and other physical WRs this year so im not afraid.

Basically if Derrick Henry eats all game and gets anywhere close to 150 yards yall likely are winning. The only winning formula we have starts with containing the Titans run game. Idc if Burrow is LSU VS Clemson BUrrow that game, if we dont have the ball and/or are always playing from behind we will lose. Titans run game is just too good.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Why don't we bring in Joesphi Ossai?

He tore a pec. That shouldn't prevent him from playing snaps this late in the season. He can't be any worse than someone we'd sign in FA this late in the season.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:35 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Totally agree. Their LB’s are good vs run but shaky at times vs coverage. Wonder if Long is going to be back. They recently signed Cunningham after getting released by Houston, and actually started him over Jayon Brown. I think their D has played much better than their actual personnel due to being so well coached. I follow the team pretty closely and respect them a lot , although they are public enemy #1 this week.

Long has been back the last 2 weeks and has an INT as well. Barring something in practice he’s good to go. The bye week was very helpful for the team obviously.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:49 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: That span included Houston twice, Jacksonville, Pitt, and Miami.

Trevor Siemian - Career backup
Tyrod Taylor - Career backup
Mac Jones - rookie
Trevor Lawrence - rookie
2021 Ben Roethlisberger - washed up
Jimmy Garoppolo - The best QB on this list. And has his replacement already sitting on the bench.
Tua Tagovailoa - Disappointing. String of easy games kept the bust talk until next year probably.
Davis Mills - 3rd round rookie
Reply/Quote