Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Titans Game
(01-16-2022, 02:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Titans live and die by their run game.
Their only real pass catching threat is AJ Brown.
Julio Jones isn't much of a factor in the offense.

Double AJ Brown and stack the box. That will give the best chance to stop their offense.

Even then Henry can break a long run. Is he expected to return against us?

Team cannot arm tackle Henry next week. Gang tackle city, he looks like a grown man playing kids some times.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:56 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I have no idea how the titans are the  #1, hats off to that entire team and coach Vrabel on that accomplishment.

Outside if 4 guys-Henry, Jones, Brown and Byard…Ok Rannehil too which makes 5, I know no one else on that team.

What are they susceptible against? I really don’t believe in Tannehill will beat the Bengals, we beat them last year. How are they different?

Their IDL Jeffery Simmons is so very good. It took him a couple years (was hurt entering the league) but he has developed into the interior terror I expected before the 2019 draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don’t like sounding like I’m disrespecting the #1 seed, but they have the third best QB of the remaining teams. I’m not even predicting we beat the Titans as there is no basis for that. They’ve been the better team. I just think we have a better chance of beating them.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:21 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Even then Henry can break a long run. Is he expected to return against us?

Team cannot arm tackle Henry next week. Gang  tackle city, he looks like a grown man playing kids some times.

He's expected to, yes.
He hasn't been activated yet though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t like sounding like I’m disrespecting the #1 seed, but they have the third best QB of the remaining teams. I’m not even predicting we beat the Titans as there is no basis for that. They’ve been the better team. I just think we have a better chance of beating them.

3rd best if you're meaning AFC teams other than the Bengals.
Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow are better than Tannehill.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: 3rd best if you're meaning AFC teams other than the Bengals.
Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow are better than Tannehill.

Yes third best of the teams we could play to get to the SB.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Don’t sleep on a healthy Julio Jones, now.

Even if it ain’t Atlanta Julio, he’s still gonna be 1 on 1 with Apple
Reply/Quote
Yeah they're the number one seed and they took care of business to deserve it, but don't be intimidated by them because of it. The Bengals could very well be the one seed too.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac does not have a clue about what makes Tannehill effective.  If he did then Tannehill would have been good with the Fins.

Oh, look who it is..

Derrik Henry makes Tannehill effective. Tannehill's last year under Taylor he had a passer rating of 88.7 this past year without Derrick Henry for a lot of it; Tannehill had a passer rating of 89.6

Regardless of your contrarian shtick Zac's experience with Tannehill will be an advantage in planning for Tenn 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Don't sleep on Titans defense, 31 sacks i believe in last 8 games, 2nd half of year, they have played well, QB rating of less than 80 and holding teams under 200 yards passing. Now with that said we are hot on offense, just keep playing turnover free, that is one area where Titans have excelled, short fields and they tend to finish them off with TDs
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Oh, look who it is..

Derrik Henry makes Tannehill effective. Tannehill's last year under Taylor he had a passer rating of 88.7 this past year without Derrick Henry for a lot of it; Tannehill had a passer rating of 89.6

Regardless of your contrarian shtick Zac's experience with Tannehill will be an advantage in planning for Tenn 

Correct, you don't work with someone and learn next to nothing about them. It's basic common sense. Sure, we could debate to what extent the experience is going to help, but that wasn't your point. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:39 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Don't sleep on Titans defense, 31 sacks i believe in last 8 games, 2nd half of year, they have played well, QB rating of less than 80 and holding teams under 200 yards passing. Now with that said we are hot on offense, just keep playing turnover free, that is one area where Titans have excelled, short fields and they tend to finish them off with TDs

That span included Houston twice, Jacksonville, Pitt, and Miami.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:43 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Correct, you don't work with someone and learn next to nothing about them. It's basic common sense. Sure, we could debate to what extent the experience is going to help, but that wasn't your point. 

When the experience involves you being wrong about what makes them tick it leaves a question mark on the game plan.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:03 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: 13th ranked defense with two elite safeties over the top.

They also have a middle of the pack D-Line. They can be just as good as the higher tier d-lines on a good day. 

Linebackers have a familiar face in Bud Dupree.

Titans fan here and I come in peace.

First thing first- the bengals are the last team of the 4 options that I wanted to play. I do think the titans can win for sure but Burrow and the WRs scare me. I think he’s a top 5 QB already, Chase is awesome, and most casual fans don’t realize how good Higgins and Boyd are. I used to watch Boyd dominate in college. Mixon also is no slouch. Lots of titans fans actually thought we had a shot at burrow when mariota was failing and before the championship run when most thought burrow was a mid 1st round pick.

Honest, yet I’m sure still somewhat bias assessment of the titans-

The week off for them was huge. Lots of guys beat up and the time off surely helped, including giving Henry more time.

AJ Brown I feel like is severely underrated and is a top 10 WR. Missed numerous games this year due to injury but is very strong, typically great YAC and is very strong. He is Tannehill most trusted target without question.

Julio has been a huge disappointment due to injury and frankly not getting a ton of targets. He did have a really good last game of the regular season so titans fans are hopeful he can keep it up.

The tight ends are awful. You will see firkser and swaim catch balls bc of all the attention to Brown and Jones and they can flash but overall not good. Can’t block we’ll at all. Priutt was solid but he broke his ankle in the last game sadly.

Offensive line is really good run blocking, not great pass blocking, especially the right tackle. They drafted a RT in the 1st two years ago (Wilson) who is maybe the biggest bust ever and then dragged a 2nd round guy this year whose played mostly at guard and is a backup. So Quessenberry is a career journeyman/practice squad guy. He came back from cancer so he’s amazing person but mediocre tackle for sure.

Tannehill isn’t elite but he’s better than most realize, especially with the main guys playing. His Miami rep hurts him and he’s had a down year overall but we still like him. Don’t ignore his running ability although he doesn’t do it a ton. He’s top 3 I think in QB rushing touchdowns this year.

I am very excited to have Henry back, he will play barring a setback in practice. The stadium will lose their minds during his intro BUT I have realistic expectations like most. He’s a freak but I don’t expect him to be 2k rusher Henry right away. Statistically the titans ran for a few more yards after he got hurt than before. Foreman is solid and earned some money from someone after this year. Henry I am hoping will make defense play differently and can help play action be more effective where the titans really shine, especially those crossers with Brown.

I do think some Bengals fans underestimated the titans D line. If you like up Baldy on Twitter (most know him as one of the best analysts) he has a long video explaining why the titans have the best front 4 in the NFL. Simmons, I believe, is the best DL not named Donald. His 3 sacks against the rams on SNF showed what he can do. He’s extremely strong. Autry has been our best free agent and really flashes dominance. Tart/Jones are good run stuffing NTs. The titans are the 2nd best run D in the league, only losing 1st by 6 yards. Durpree had a slow start bc he was coming off the ACL but has really ramped it up recently. Lastly Landry is unknown to most but he has 12 sacks I believe and is gonna get paid
Majorly this off-season.

Linebacks are hit or miss. Evans has been benched recently thank god. 1st round pick who won’t be back next year. He’s good on the goal line but otherwise is awful. Titans just claimed Cunningham who has been very solid. Long is probably our best LBer, really instinctive. Brown used to be good but is on the downswing and will be his last year in TN.

Secondary- Fulton is our top corner and had a really solid year. He was at LSU with Chase/Burrow so they’re extremely familiar with each other. Curious to see how that impacts things if any. Jenkins is the other corner. He’s very hold/cold. Great one game and crap the other.

Molden is the slot corner, a rookie, who has been really good minus a few games. He has no speed but very instinctual. He’s had a few real bad games but 80% been really good. Overall I trust him but he can be exploited at times.

Byard I selfishly is the best safety in the NFL (I think Bates is super underrated going back to his wake forest days!). Byard is pro bowl and 1st team all pro. The other safety, Hooker is very underrated. He is top 5 safety according to PFF (who I know can be crap). So we love the safety due.

Kern is the best punter in titans history and a big weapon.

I know you’re familiar with the kicker Bullock. I don’t trust him at all. He’s had a solid year but ever since he missed a field goal for the bengals, that would’ve sent the titans to the playoffs, I’ve disliked him. He’s had a really solid year overall but I don’t trust him in big situations.

Wouldn’t trade Vrabel for any other coach in the league. He is 8-0 coming off a bye week.

Any questions anyone has I’m happy to answer.
Long time titans season ticket holder who will be at the game. If the titans weren’t playing if root for the bengals. Burrow is just a winner!
Reply/Quote
If we do travel to Tennessee,which is very likely,then the Offense better bring their A game,and try to get out to an early lead because they’ll have to help carry this defense.There are two top players on our DL which likely won’t be playing in that game.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:00 PM)Titans2022 Wrote: Titans fan here and I come in peace.

Welcome to the board. Joe
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Welcome to the board. Joe

Thanks! Excited to engage as the week goes along and then disappear no matter the result lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:00 PM)Titans2022 Wrote: Titans fan here and I come in peace.

Simmons, I believe, is the best DL not named Donald. His 3 sacks against the rams on SNF showed what he can do. He’s extremely strong. 

Secondary- Fulton is our top corner and had a really solid year. He was at LSU with Chase/Burrow so they’re extremely familiar with each other. Curious to see how that impacts things if any. Jenkins is the other corner. He’s very hold/cold. Great one game and crap the other.
Welcome!
 I was a big fan of Jeffery before the 2019 Draft. He was consistently the first guy off the ball in college combine that with power and length he is very dangerous. I know it took some time to come back from that initial but looks like he is what everyone thought. Fulton vs Chase should be a fun matchup.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Went to a Titans game about 5 years ago. Their fans were lame. Not nearly as into it as Bengals fans are at their game. I wouldn't expect the atmosphere at that game to rival anything we had last night.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:39 PM)Synric Wrote: Welcome!
 I was a big fan of Jeffery before the 2019 Draft. He was consistently the first guy off the ball in college combine that with power and length he is very dangerous. I know it took some time to come back from that initial but looks like he is what everyone thought. Fulton vs Chase should be a fun matchup.

Thanks!

Yea some titans fans hated the pick bc he just tore his acl right before the draft and was a long term pick but it absolutely paid off. Every fan base has the “it’s crazy Player X wasn’t a pro bowler” and Simmons is that for the titans. He was 2nd in fan voting after Donald. He also attracts so much attention that he makes everyone around him better.

Fulton is very good and I’m glad to have him. I certainly don’t think he will shut down chase but hopefully can limit him more than most. Biggest think is no big plays given up. Obviously a lot of familiarity there with Fulton burrow and chase.

Ironically the bengals are the reason the titans are the 1 seed with that huge win over the chiefs. What a fun game that was.

Last biased thought- I hate when analyst say the titans are not a real 1 seed etc. the titans played the most players in NFL history (91), lost their best player for half the year, and still had the best record in the AFC despite it being the longest season in NFL history. They 10000% are beatable, not a juggernaut, but after 17 games and they still had the best record, that’s legit.

I also hate how some analysts say kc/Buffalo is the real afc championship game. When Cincy/Tenn are a combined 3-0 against both this year.

If god forbid my titans lose I will 10000% root for the bengals moving forward.
Reply/Quote