Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade Scenarios w/Pats
(01-12-2020, 04:34 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Were not getting anything higher than a 3rd for Andy.

And Id be fine with that.

I am not sure (how can anyone say with certainty) what we get for AD. It will be about supply and demand in the end. I said months ago NE will need a new QB in 2020, time will tell if I was right. It appears SD may also want a new QB.

I think we get minimum of 3rd and 5th or 6th for him though.

I think fans should watch the playoffs, then tell us AD is a lot worse than some of these guys. I am not saying he is better, I am saying he is close to guys like Cousins, Jimmy G. Tannehill (who will be paid big bucks this offseason).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 09:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure (how can anyone say with certainty) what we get for AD. It will be about supply and demand in the end. I said months ago NE will need a new QB in 2020, time will tell if I was right. It appears SD may also want a new QB.

I think fans should watch the playoffs, then tell us AD is worse than some of these guys. I am not saying he is better, I am saying he is close to guys like Cousins, Jimmy G. Tannehill (who will be paid big bucks this offseason).

3rd and a 5th would be the tits. I have this feeling they are going to try and keep him for veteran mentorship for Burrow.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 09:27 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: 3rd and a 5th would be the tits. I have this feeling they are going to try and keep him for veteran mentorship for Burrow.

Thank you. You make a very good point. The Bengals may very well want to keep Andy Dalton around to mentor Joe Burrow. However, we must also factor in what Andy Dalton wants to do — and we know what he wants to do. He wants to start somewhere. Mike Brown, for all the crap we give him, is not an unfeeling monster. Zac Taylor is respected as a “player’s coach.” I cannot visualize any case where both men tell Andy to, “Shut up and color; we’re expecting you to mentor Joe without complaint and don’t you try to beat him out in training camp either.”

No. Mike is stubborn and Zac is very young but I think they’ll give Andy a chance to find a starting job — and there will be lots in 2020 to be had. My gut feeling is Bill Belichick sees a system quarterback in Andy and trades for him with the Bengals receiving a second round pick in return or, alternatively, a fourth round pick and a player Belichick no longer needs.

Now I’m not Mike or Zac but I would offer the Patriots something totally radical: Andy Dalton for linebacker Dont’a Hightower — and the Bengals pick up Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, or Eli Manning in free agency to mentor Joe Burrow.
Reply/Quote
If we pick up a mentor QB it's going to be a vet ZT coached before, not a HoF QB who doesn't know his system.
Reply/Quote
Lets start off with how many on this board loathe Andy Dalton. Regardless of what gets offered, I would think they would all be extremely pleased to see Dalton go and the team get something in return for him. How many times have we read on here that Dalton has absolutely no trade value and that no other team would ever have interest. It appears there could potentially be interest and we could potentially get a draft pick in return. I'd think they'd be throwing a parade instead of running their mouth hoping he fails.

Next, anything we get for him would be better than nothing. I understand we can cut him with no cap hit, but I'd rather get a draft pick, player, or combination of the two as opposed to just cutting him and getting absolutely zero return. I understand there are plenty who will gladly pack his shit to move him out of town, but why just cut him? Just so you can feel good about him being temporarily unemployed? I know this is very similar to what I said at first, but people need to quit focusing on him just being gone and look at what could be best for the team. Some sort of return PLUS the extra cap is much better for the Bengals than just extra cap.

Finally, if you want him gone so bad why continue to bad mouth him and talk about how poor he'll play? What do you care? It appears that the odds are in your favor that he won't be playing for the Bengals any longer. Isn't that good enough? You just have to keep beating that dead horse even on his way out? We all get it, you truly hate the guy. Do you just still need to get some licks in until he's gone? We all know that there will be tons of posts about any pass Burrow completes and how Dalton couldn't have done that. I just don't get how some let their hate for a player seem to have so much impact in their life. They just have to bash him or they may go kick a puppy or something. It's kind of sad.

I'm a Dalton fan and hope he does well wherever he lands. I wish him luck. I'll continue to follow his career and be fan. He did a lot of good for the city and community as well as the team. He helped this team play consistently well as opposed to just preparing for another long season. Yes, he also contributed to these bad seasons and it's time to move on. I'm excited to see what Joe Burrow can do for our team. I'm hoping Burrow has that IT factor that helps push us where we need to go. However, I also wish Dalton the best of luck and hope he gets the respect he deserves and some playoff wins as well (as long as it's not against the Bengals).
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 09:10 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am not sure (how can anyone say with certainty) what we get for AD. It will be about supply and demand in the end. I said months ago NE will need a new QB in 2020, time will tell if I was right. It appears SD may also want a new QB.

I think fans should watch the playoffs, then tell us AD is a lot worse than some of these guys. I am not saying he is better, I am saying he is close to guys like Cousins, Jimmy G. Tannehill (who will be paid big bucks this offseason).

The appeal with the Bengals from withint the NFL is that we have the talent but are considered in general in the NFL as a poorly managed & coached organization. 
Reply/Quote

He’s really not that close to Cousins honestly.

Cousins has a career PR of 96.8

Dalton’s is 87.5

He’s probably closer to those other guys. He could be an effective game manager type for a really stacked team if he’s not asked to do too much.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 12:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s really not that close to Cousins honestly.

Cousins has a career PR of 96.8

Dalton’s is 87.5

He’s probably closer to those other guys. He could be an effective game manager type for a really stacked team if he’s not asked to do too much.

Cousins was able to put Dalton a few rungs behind him already. Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 10:17 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Thank you. You make a very good point. The Bengals may very well want to keep Andy Dalton around to mentor Joe Burrow. However, we must also factor in what Andy Dalton wants to do — and we know what he wants to do. He wants to start somewhere. Mike Brown, for all the crap we give him, is not an unfeeling monster.  Zac Taylor is respected as a “player’s coach.”  I cannot visualize any case where both men tell Andy to, “Shut up and color; we’re expecting you to mentor Joe without complaint and don’t you try to beat him out in training camp either.”

No.  Mike is stubborn and Zac is very young but I think they’ll give Andy a chance to find a starting job — and there will be lots in 2020 to be had.  My gut feeling is Bill Belichick sees a system quarterback in Andy and trades for him with the Bengals receiving a second round pick in return or, alternatively, a fourth round pick and a player Belichick no longer needs.  

Now I’m not Mike or Zac but I would offer the Patriots something totally radical:  Andy Dalton for linebacker Dont’a Hightower — and the Bengals pick up Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, or Eli Manning in free agency to mentor Joe Burrow.

Would be my guess. Can't see Brady or Rivers settling for backup/mentor gigs.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 06:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'd rather have the pick/s 3rd round and a later round if possible ?

Agreed, but Belicheck is the same way...he prefers quantity over quality in picks....look how many times he has slid back to acquire additional picks.  He will likely only part with one pick and since it would be in the lower end of whatever round, I would hope for a second.  Especially when you consider the bargain nature of Dalton's contract.  
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 11:12 AM)Nately120 Wrote: If we pick up a mentor QB it's going to be a vet ZT coached before, not a HoF QB who doesn't know his system.

Yep. That's why I think that someone like Matt Moore could be a real possibility. 
Reply/Quote
Well, Andy is not our future so anything we get will be gravy. I'm almost willing to trade draft pick #1 for a slew of picks and players instead. Miami would love to have Burrow. So would New England.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 11:40 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Lets start off with how many on this board loathe Andy Dalton. Regardless of what gets offered, I would think they would all be extremely pleased to see Dalton go and the team get something in return for him. How many times have we read on here that Dalton has absolutely no trade value and that no other team would ever have interest. It appears there could potentially be interest and we could potentially get a draft pick in return. I'd think they'd be throwing a parade instead of running their mouth hoping he fails.

Next, anything we get for him would be better than nothing. I understand we can cut him with no cap hit, but I'd rather get a draft pick, player, or combination of the two as opposed to just cutting him and getting absolutely zero return. I understand there are plenty who will gladly pack his shit to move him out of town, but why just cut him? Just so you can feel good about him being temporarily unemployed? I know this is very similar to what I said at first, but people need to quit focusing on him just being gone and look at what could be best for the team. Some sort of return PLUS the extra cap is much better for the Bengals than just extra cap.

Finally, if you want him gone so bad why continue to bad mouth him and talk about how poor he'll play? What do you care? It appears that the odds are in your favor that he won't be playing for the Bengals any longer. Isn't that good enough? You just have to keep beating that dead horse even on his way out? We all get it, you truly hate the guy. Do you just still need to get some licks in until he's gone? We all know that there will be tons of posts about any pass Burrow completes and how Dalton couldn't have done that. I just don't get how some let their hate for a player seem to have so much impact in their life. They just have to bash him or they may go kick a puppy or something. It's kind of sad.

I'm a Dalton fan and hope he does well wherever he lands. I wish him luck. I'll continue to follow his career and be fan. He did a lot of good for the city and community as well as the team. He helped this team play consistently well as opposed to just preparing for another long season. Yes, he also contributed to these bad seasons and it's time to move on. I'm excited to see what Joe Burrow can do for our team. I'm hoping Burrow has that IT factor that helps push us where we need to go. However, I also wish Dalton the best of luck and hope he gets the respect he deserves and some playoff wins as well (as long as it's not against the Bengals).

^^^^^^ Well said

The answer of those who continue to trash AD is fear. If he gets traded and we get value their rants were wrong.
If he gets traded and does well it makes them look foolish for the hate and lack of objectivity.

I am with you, let's thank AD for his effort and the records he accomplished as a Bengal. We can do that and welcome Joe Burrow too.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton needs better weapons though. That was Brady’s problem much of this season. He hasn’t been the same without Gronk.

They'll have an entire offseason to look for better weapons. I'm sure it'll be a priority after last season.

Btw, Brady's last "bad" season was the last time he was without Gronk. Guess all QB's need weapons, despite what some on here think.

(01-12-2020, 04:34 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Were not getting anything higher than a 3rd for Andy.

And Id be fine with that.

I have to agree, and it's not "cuz Andy sucked all along", it's because he's 33, making $17 million coming off his worst season.

Despite the poor state of the team being somewhat at fault for the poor numbers, Dalton still reached the point where he has to redeem himself.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Any thoughts about bundling both AJ and Andy to the Pats for their first two picks? We franchise AJ and then trade away his rights after he negotiates a contract with the Pats.... long shot and I hate these what ifs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 08:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They'll have an entire offseason to look for better weapons. I'm sure it'll be a priority after last season.

Btw, Brady's last "bad" season was the last time he was without Gronk. Guess all QB's need weapons, despite what some on here think.

I have to agree, and it's not "cuz Andy sucked all along", it's because he's 33, making $17 million coming off his worst season.

Despite the poor state of the team being somewhat at fault for the poor numbers, Dalton still reached the point where he has to redeem himself.

He is 32 not 33

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 09:06 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: He is 32 not 33

Turns 33 early next season. Point remains.

I'm not saying he's washed up. I'm saying what the perception will likely be.

He needs to redeem himself to get his value/perception back up. Age doesn't help.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2020, 09:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Dalton needs better weapons though. That was Brady’s problem much of this season. He hasn’t been the same without Gronk.

I don't know...Dalton has never had the kind of protection afforded Tom Brady.  If they draft a TE to pair with N'Keal Henry in year 2?  I would so love this for Dalton.  
Reply/Quote
One thing a number of people don't seem to understand is that if Dalton is released, the Pats would have to bid for his services and have a new contract in place, and Dalton would want a long-term deal. If a trade is made, they have him for a fraction of what Brady is paid and although they could put in place a contingency of a new contract, they may largely want a year to see how he does in their system. If he wins and they want to keep him, he will likely be eager to sign a new deal and stay with that organization.

I see no way that the Bengals trade AJ Green, though. They will want him to retire a Bengal and as much as I hate them paying that much to a WR that is a fringe top 10 guy, a QB on a rookie deal affords them to do that.

I have trouble believing they will keep Dalton as a menton/backup. His contract is cheap for a starter, ridiculous for a backup.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2020, 01:39 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I still think a 2nd is realistic.

Is that for the player or the contract?
Reply/Quote