Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trades you would make?
(10-26-2018, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Link please.

Here is what I found

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/jon-gruden-assured-derek-carr-he-will-not-be-traded-536920.html

On Wednesday, Gruden told reporters that he does not anticipate making any more trades prior to the Oct. 30 deadline. He said that is “certainly” the case with Carr.

Newer info from a few days ago.....it's the NFL "silly season", all sorts of rumors were flying around, from the Raiders to the Giants' "fire sale".

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/10/24/nfl-trades-teams-buyers-sellers-patriots-eagles-raiders/1747528002/

"Regardless of Jon Gruden's claim to ESPN's Chris Mortensen that his team isn't trading anyone else, a franchise that sends away both Khalil Mack and Amari Cooper is an automatic entry to this list. The Raiders have made it clear that they're happy to look toward their Las Vegas future and pile up picks, as they now are set to have five first rounders in the next two years.

Safety Karl Joseph and Conley, a corner, could be the next former top selections to be cast off, though neither will fetch the same kind of return Mack and Cooper did. With several postseason hopefuls needing help in the secondary, however, Oakland could still net more picks for players Gruden seldom utilizes.
Parting with struggling quarterback Derek Carr would be a blockbuster on par with the franchise's other shocking steps, but that seems too wild even for this Silver & Black regime — unless, say, the Jaguars fall flat again this weekend but decide to go all in to resuscitate their flagging Super Bowl aspirations."

https://www.nj.com/expo/sports/erry-2018/10/5fe8656c932603/nfl-trade-rumors-dolphins-movi.html

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/10/14/17975320/jon-gruden-raiders-nfl-trade-rumors-amari-cooper-karl-joseph-khalil-mack

Here's one that speculates on the Giants' will to shop players:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2018-nfl-trade-deadline-tracker-giants-trading-everyone-as-damon-harrison-eli-apple-head-out/

So, basically, like I said, it's all rumor mill at this point.  With teams in complete rebuild mode and looking for picks, you can't rule anything out.  Remember the Browns dumping payroll?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 04:37 PM)BlueBengal Wrote: Yeah, trade deadline is 4PM on October 30th.  I doubt we see anything until after the games this weekend.  It actually works out well for the Bengals because of the bye coming up.  I think that having the bye week to adjust to any new players makes a trade a little more likely.

If the Bengals win this weekend, but Redmond struggles I really think that there is a good chance that we pull the trigger on a trade.

Very true, best to wait till after this TB game for us. The bye did end up in the perfect spot for us this year.

(10-25-2018, 05:01 PM)Synric Wrote: I think Sunset brought up Elijah Lee from the 49ers. He's a rangey linebacker from the Big 12 kinda like Jordan Evans and would be a nice addition.

But I think Cover backers are going to be a premium in the NFL because of the new rules allowing more catches over the middle and the new age Tight Ends.

I am down with Elijah Lee. True, cover backers are at a premium nowadays. Will have to draft one it seems.

(10-25-2018, 05:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd like to follow up on my previous post that I think the Bengals should hold off on trades until after the TB game. The reason is because if the Bengals lose that game, I'd be very surprised to see them even make the playoffs let alone advancing. If that happened, I'd prefer the Bengals keep any draft picks they have. If they win and can end up 5-3 into the bye, I think they have a shot this year.

ThumbsUp

(10-25-2018, 06:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Check both NFL.com and CBS Sports - both have said that the Raiders are looking for deals.

(10-25-2018, 06:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup, basically everyone but Carr is up for grabs according to the rumors....and he may not even be safe for the right price.  Complete rebuild mode in Oakland.

(10-25-2018, 07:12 PM)Joelist Wrote: I'd go up to a third for Jared Cook; if he comes in a sign and trade so he's a longer term acquisition then a second. Am I overpaying? Yes somewhat but the question really is if we are going to try to win right now. If yes then such deals are needed.

Getting Jared Cook would be amazing for this team IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Very true, best to wait till after this TB game for us. The bye did end up in the perfect spot for us this year.

I am down with Elijah Lee. True, cover backers are at a premium nowadays. Will have to draft one it seems.

ThumbsUp

Getting Jared Cook would be amazing for this team IMO.

Getting Cook would be a nice coup for this team, no doubt.  He's done well for Oakland, but he is on the other side of 30, so maybe they would listen to any viable offers.  They're definitely looking down the road right now.  I had read some rumor on moving Carr earlier in the week, but couldn't find the article today....the dangers of reading NFL info from MSN's aggregation of sources....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: Getting Cook would be a nice coup for this team, no doubt.  He's done well for Oakland, but he is on the other side of 30, so maybe they would listen to any viable offers.  They're definitely looking down the road right now.  I had read some rumor on moving Carr earlier in the week, but couldn't find the article today....the dangers of reading NFL info from MSN's aggregation of sources....lol.

Cook i think has atleast 3 more years of very good to great play in him as a pass catcher. Very talented, great hands.

Runs nice, clean routes. Think he would fit in here perfectly.

Carr i heard is the only player they are not willing to move from the Grude. They are trying to build the team around him.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2018, 02:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Cook i think has atleast 3 more years of very good to great play in him as a pass catcher. Very talented, great hands.

Runs nice, clean routes. Think he would fit in here perfectly.

Carr i heard is the only player they are not willing to move from the Grude. They are trying to build the team around him.

Yep.  As I noted when I quoted fred.....the deal with Carr is newer info.  After the Cooper trade, I guess there was trade hysteria that everyone was for sale....lol.

Reply/Quote
I’d trade Burfict for Mike Singletary......or Dick Butkus.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote