Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Trades you would make?
Bengals don't make many mid-season trades but they will sign a former high-profile pick off the street. Ced Benson and Roc Johnson immediately come to mind. The Lions just released Sylvester Williams I could see them making room for him.

My wish for Corey Coleman apparently will not come true as NYG just signed him to their 53
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 08:44 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Marvins philosophy or mikes is try to improve without making changes.

Marvin doesn't believe in the Ketchup philosophy, he believes in the clapping philosophy to teaching one's athletic potential and goals.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Doubt anything will happen, but with all the injuries (especially at TE), a trade would make perfect sense for the Bengals. Give up a 5th or 6th rounder for someone like Jared Cook of Oakland. Start looking at teams who are out of it and that would be interested in dumping salaries. Bengals could use help at OL, LB, secondary as well.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 06:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Jared Cook would not be blockbuster. Neither would Deone Bucannon. But both would be enormously impactful.

Love both of these thoughts. Add Chance Warmack for a 5th rounder and i think we be good, real good. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2018, 02:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lots of players we could get that could help this team...

Chance Warmack G Eagles, Hassan Reddick LB Cards, Andre Smith OT/OG Cards, Patrick Peterson would be awesome but...

Doubt any of this will happen, we usually don't trade for players midseason no matter what is going on.

Warmack and Reddick have been huge busts.  Other than being former first rounders, I'm not sure what the appeal is.  We should trade for good players.  

Side not on Reddick, he was the most obvious future bust I have seen outside of Johnny Manziel.  He had bust written all over him.  I never understood how supposedly smart football people considered him a first rounder when he was drafted.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 12:44 PM)BlueBengal Wrote: Warmack and Reddick have been huge busts.  Other than being former first rounders, I'm not sure what the appeal is.  We should trade for good players.  

Side not on Reddick, he was the most obvious future bust I have seen outside of Johnny Manziel.  He had bust written all over him.  I never understood how supposedly smart football people considered him a first rounder when he was drafted.  

Reddick is still very young and was great in college in coverage. I wouldn't call him a bust yet.

Warmack i think would still be better than Redmond which is what we need right now.

Would i rather have Gabe Jackson and Deone Buchanon? Sure, but i am trying to be a bit realistic.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 12:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Reddick is still very young and was great in college in coverage. I wouldn't call him a bust yet.

Warmack i think would still be better than Redmond which is what we need right now.

Would i rather have Gabe Jackson and Deone Buchanon? Sure, but i am trying to be a bit realistic.

Haason Reddick was a defensive end for the Owls.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Another idea, some kind of trade for Broncos LB Shaquil Barrett. He is currently overshadowed by Von Miller and Chubb, but still a good player that can pass rush and run block. He would be an immediate upgrade to our linebackers. I think the Broncos are in a situation where they would be willing to trade some players that take a back page to their stars for a decent draft pick or two. So maybe a 2019 4th and a conditional 7th? I don't know, that's why I'm not a GM and just thinking out loud again. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Well the trade deadline approaches and nothing happening. Another season down the drain because our Front Office has relapsed into its usual lethargy - I guess one more proactive postseason wore them out. Jared Cook and Deonne Buchanon are easy acquisitions and would instantly transform our prospects. But as usual we sit on our hands.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 02:53 PM)Synric Wrote: Haason Reddick was a defensive end for the Owls.

Yes, that could drop into coverage and can play Linebacker.

But i guess that is pretty much Sam Hubbard anyways. Any ideas Synric for a cover LB'er?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 04:02 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well the trade deadline approaches and nothing happening. Another season down the drain because our Front Office has relapsed into its usual lethargy - I guess one more proactive postseason wore them out. Jared Cook and Deonne Buchanon are easy acquisitions and would instantly transform our prospects. But as usual we sit on our hands.

Don't we have 5 more days?
Reply/Quote
Yeah, trade deadline is 4PM on October 30th. I doubt we see anything until after the games this weekend. It actually works out well for the Bengals because of the bye coming up. I think that having the bye week to adjust to any new players makes a trade a little more likely.

If the Bengals win this weekend, but Redmond struggles I really think that there is a good chance that we pull the trigger on a trade.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, that could drop into coverage and can play Linebacker.

But i guess that is pretty much Sam Hubbard anyways. Any ideas Synric for a cover LB'er?

I think Sunset brought up Elijah Lee from the 49ers. He's a rangey linebacker from the Big 12 kinda like Jordan Evans and would be a nice addition.

But I think Cover backers are going to be a premium in the NFL because of the new rules allowing more catches over the middle and the new age Tight Ends.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 10:54 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Core is primarily kept for ST. Pryor likely doesn't contribute (much) on ST, so that might not make sense.

As for the OP, I'd be looking for RG (Redmond has actually been worse than Hart and the Bengals refuse to try Westerman), RT, and/or LB. I think a boosted OL gives the offense more time and I think would help John Ross become a quality contributor (when healthy). I'm tired of seeing Hardy Nickerson out there at LB. He's abysmal.

Maybe another idea would be to trade for Jared Cook seeing as the Raiders are in a fire sale and Cook is in the last year of his contract.

I'd like to follow up on my previous post that I think the Bengals should hold off on trades until after the TB game. The reason is because if the Bengals lose that game, I'd be very surprised to see them even make the playoffs let alone advancing. If that happened, I'd prefer the Bengals keep any draft picks they have. If they win and can end up 5-3 into the bye, I think they have a shot this year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 04:02 PM)Joelist Wrote:  Jared Cook and Deonne Buchanon are easy acquisitions and would instantly transform our prospects. But as usual we sit on our hands.

Do you have a link to anyone saying Jared Cook was even available for trade?

What do the Raiders want for him?  What makes him an "easy" acquisition?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do you have a link to anyone saying Jared Cook was even available for trade?

What do the Raiders want for him?  What makes him an "easy" acquisition?

Check both NFL.com and CBS Sports - both have said that the Raiders are looking for deals.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 06:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Check both NFL.com and CBS Sports - both have said that the Raiders are looking for deals.

Yup, basically everyone but Carr is up for grabs according to the rumors....and he may not even be safe for the right price.  Complete rebuild mode in Oakland.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd go up to a third for Jared Cook; if he comes in a sign and trade so he's a longer term acquisition then a second. Am I overpaying? Yes somewhat but the question really is if we are going to try to win right now. If yes then such deals are needed.
Reply/Quote
Bengals generally don't make moves prior to the trade deadline. Seems like they have the philosophy of we are not going to weaken the future for one season. The Carson Palmer trade being the outlier of course - that was just too good.

Kind of stinks because they are still in the drivers seat in the AFCN this year and could use some help. Especially in positions where we've lost people for the year like TE. They ain't coming back if we make the playoffs!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2018, 06:53 PM)Joelist Wrote: Check both NFL.com and CBS Sports - both have said that the Raiders are looking for deals.

(10-25-2018, 06:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yup, basically everyone but Carr is up for grabs according to the rumors....and he may not even be safe for the right price.  Complete rebuild mode in Oakland.

Link please.

Here is what I found

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/jon-gruden-assured-derek-carr-he-will-not-be-traded-536920.html

On Wednesday, Gruden told reporters that he does not anticipate making any more trades prior to the Oct. 30 deadline. He said that is “certainly” the case with Carr.
Reply/Quote