Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Training camp news, notes, thoughts, reaction, etc
(08-08-2018, 11:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

He was probably threatened to be traded to the browns if he kept doing botched snaps. LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 02:05 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He was probably threatened to be traded to the browns if he kept doing botched snaps. LOL

Whatever works right?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:06 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree somewhat but it is impossible to compare fairly. 

He has been here more than half the time of both though playing in 109 games to Kenny's 192 and Boomer's 187.

Dalton has 3,556 passing attempts to Kenny's 4,475, and Boomer's 5,205 attempts. Believe this to be way more than half too.

Dalton passes on average 32 times a game, Boomer 27, and Kenny only 23 times which is basically 40% less throws per game than Dalton. 

Not to mention Kenny played when bounties were put on QB's heads and was not protected by rules at all. Rules have changed for WR's to make it easier as well.

Still am a Dalton fan and believe by careers end he will be the best. 

But it is so hard to judge. All one can really do is compare where they ranked against other QB's in each ones day according to their stats instead of comparing to each other.   

But am really hoping Dalton gets that SB or 2, 3, or 4 of them and leaves no doubt. Kenny is my favorite but hoping Dalton puts him in his shadow in next few years. 

P.S. Do not even think Dalton needs a SB win or even to play in one to surpass the others. But he does needs some playoff wins notched on his belt to become best. 
I agree on everything. Grew up with Kenny as our QB, favorite player, had some really bad years. Don't forget Cards, that there was basically no pass interference also. Wrs could be mugged pretty much all the time.
 Love Dalton, think he will end up being the best we've ever had.
Reply/Quote
People tend to forget, Kenny got benched.... It wasn't all Super Bowls during those years....
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
He’s fat now
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:53 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He’s fat now

He looks like he's in his 4th trimester.  Seriously, what is his due date?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:18 PM)McC Wrote: He looks like he's in his 4th trimester.  Seriously, what is his due date?

I believe Sunday, February 19th. Believe he has plans to be in Atlanta that day.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I believe Sunday, February 19th. Believe he has plans to be in Atlanta that day.

I agree with Harley. Marvin Lewis giving birth is just as likely as the Bengals being in the SB.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 08:20 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And I'm not a defender of all things Dalton. In fact, Kenny Anderson is my all time favorite Bengal. That said, What Dalton has accomplished is overlooked because of the playoff deal. You (in general) cannot put that all on him. A lot of it is on Marvin, and most of it is on the whole team. Is Dalton the greatest Bengals QB right now, no, I didn't say that. I said when he's through, he will be. If they win the Super Bowl this year or in a couple of years, it won't even be a discussion.......

Can't really compare QBs from one era to the next to the next after that one. Kenny was a different era than Boomer who was in a different era than Dalton.

But we can compare QBs with the other QBs in their own era.

Kenny got us to SB, was NFL passing leader and league MVP. Played in an era with Dan Fouts, Fran Tarkington, Roger Stallbach, Terry Bradshaw, etc.

Boomer was also an league MVP and got us to a SB. Played in era with Joe Mantana, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, John Elway, Steve Young, etc. For a few years Boomer was one of the elite QBs in the league.

Bengals had no QBs who competed for elite in the era between Boomer and Dalton where we saw Curt Warner, Brett Farve, Payton Manning, Troy Aikman, etc.

Dalton has a chance to move up to an elite level, but he's come up short consistently when compared to elite QBs of his era.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 03:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: I agree with Harley. Marvin Lewis giving birth is just as likely as the Bengals being in the SB.

Great spin. LOL

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 11:17 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Price struggles with snaps, then a cripple shows up at practice, tells Price that the team needs him to anchor the line and be the leader, tells him how he always wanted to play at Ohio State before the wreck, makes him smile and laugh, gets a selfie, and then Price's snap issues are all the sudden cured...........  coincidence?!
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 12:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Price struggles with snaps, then a cripple shows up at practice, tells Price that the team needs him to anchor the line and be the leader, tells him how he always wanted to play at Ohio State before the wreck, makes him smile and laugh, gets a selfie, and then Price's snap issues are all the sudden cured...........  coincidence?!

Damned near makes you our official Good Luck Charm! Pity you didn't have the opportunity to do the same for the boys on the right side of the line. Good job. Brad!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 12:56 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Damned near makes you our official Good Luck Charm! Pity you didn't have the opportunity to do the same for the boys on the right side of the line. Good job. Brad!

Your right. Brad, good job but your work is unfinished.

Reply/Quote
Brad we may have to chip in and get you season tickets if that’s the case.
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 12:27 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Price struggles with snaps, then a cripple shows up at practice, tells Price that the team needs him to anchor the line and be the leader, tells him how he always wanted to play at Ohio State before the wreck, makes him smile and laugh, gets a selfie, and then Price's snap issues are all the sudden cured...........  coincidence?!

Can you please show up at next practice and do the same for Westerman, Redmond, Hopkins, OG, and Fisher?  
Thanks.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

Keep showing up Brad my friend...

I don't believe in coincidences.

(08-12-2018, 02:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Can you please show up at next practice and do the same for Westerman, Redmond, Hopkins, OG, and Fisher?  
Thanks.

Yes and talk to Pollack if you can Brad and give him a thought about putting Westerman at LG.

Boling at LT, Redmond at RG and big ole bulldozer Glenn at RT....

This would be imposing, very...
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2018, 02:04 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Can you please show up at next practice and do the same for Westerman, Redmond, Hopkins, OG, and Fisher?  
Thanks.

I think practices open to the public are now over for this year. Maybe Jim O. can leave his press credentials with Brad .....
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
https://www.bengals.com/video/training-camp-report-august-14-2018

Lap was saying some pretty heavy things about Redmond. Rare breed, as good as anybody in the league at drive blocking, moves people against their will, etc.
Reply/Quote