Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trans-Agist
(12-15-2015, 04:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What facts am I ignoring?

What do you think should be done to the guy?  Lock him up in an insane asylum?  Prison maybe?  

What damage is he doing to society by playing like he is a little girl?  If he is not being financially responsible for his biological children then that might be an issue, but I didn't see that mentioned anywhere. Instead all I see is a lot of screaming about "burdens to society" and other damages that just do not exist as far as I can see.

I'm sorry, fred, but I don't think you should wait until someone is a threat to society before you try to help them with their mental illness.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-16-2015, 05:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm sorry, fred, but I don't think you should wait until someone is a threat to society before you try to help them with their mental illness.

So we need to start putting people in treatment BEFORE they are a 'threat'.  1.  We don't the capacity to help the people who already ARE a threat do to their mental illness.  2.  If macho tough guys like Lucie were making those decisions, anyone in a pastel shirt would be hospitalized.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-16-2015, 06:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: So we need to start putting people in treatment BEFORE they are a 'threat'.  1.  We don't the capacity to help the people who already ARE a threat do to their mental illness.  2.  If macho tough guys like Lucie were making those decisions, anyone in a pastel shirt would be hospitalized.

Yes.

It's not really likely given our current system, but someone who thinks they are a 6 year old needs mental help. At the least they need a mental health hold and psych evaluation. Which depends on  the state as to if that could happen and how in depth the evaluation is.

I'm not saying the guy needs to be committed, but a mental health professional needs to involved to make sure he's not a threat to himself or others, and to encourage him/his family to get him help.
(12-16-2015, 06:41 PM)Benton Wrote: Yes.

It's not really likely given our current system, but someone who thinks they are a 6 year old needs mental help. At the least they need a mental health hold and psych evaluation. Which depends on  the state as to if that could happen and how in depth the evaluation is.

I'm not saying the guy needs to be committed, but a mental health professional needs to involved to make sure he's not a threat to himself or others, and to encourage him/his family to get him help.

Understandable I guess.  I guess I was speaking more to the plethora of 'other' individuals that fall into Lucie's 'the rest of them' bucket he threw out earlier.  
(12-16-2015, 12:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: in this case we have to deal with an 52 year old man pretending he is a 6 year old girl.   Not hard to connect the dots on how this could blow up in everyone's face.

Also....  I know this is a tough topic for you.   So I credit you for staying away initially.   That often leads to a less emotional discussion.

Again, Mr. Libertarian, how do you have to deal with this man? If he is not hurting anyone, what problem does it cause you?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-16-2015, 07:11 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Understandable I guess.  I guess I was speaking more to the plethora of 'other' individuals that fall into Lucie's 'the rest of them' bucket he threw out earlier.  

How bad does it suck for you when others share the same opinion as me haha.

I'm not as bad as you think there mate. Wink
(12-16-2015, 08:38 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Again, Mr. Libertarian, how do you have to deal with this man? If he is not hurting anyone, what problem does it cause you?

He needs some mental health help. It's obvious something is wrong. As I have consistently said .... Mental health issues are rampant in this country and are often swept under the rug by over medicating which often just makes it worse for them when they come off their altered state.
(12-16-2015, 11:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How bad does it suck for you when others share the same opinion as me haha.    

I'm not as bad as you think there mate.   Wink

I'm sure you aren't in person.  But you're internet peacocking persona is literally the worst.
(12-16-2015, 11:26 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: I'm sure you aren't in person.  But you're internet peacocking persona is literally the worst.

Think you are just.a tad over the top here
(12-16-2015, 11:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Think you are just.a tad over the top here

think that is the.troll in you 'coming out'
(12-16-2015, 05:52 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm sorry, fred, but I don't think you should wait until someone is a threat to society before you try to help them with their mental illness.

I need to explain myself a little better.  If I was personally involved with this person I would be encouraging him to get some help.  So I agree that it is not right to give him a lot of media support for his lifestyle.

But as a society we can't force anyone to get any treatment unless they are a threat.  My comments were more about that point.

When I was a kid my dad went through a phase where he thought he was a chicken.  My mom decided that it was better not to take him to the doctor.  He was clearly crazy, but we needed the eggs.
It comes down whether this guy can self manage his mental condition. The fact it's getting media attention just proves he is inable to do that without involving everyone.
(12-16-2015, 11:15 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He needs some mental health help. It's obvious something is wrong.   As I have consistently said .... Mental health issues are rampant in this country and are often swept under the rug by over medicating which often just makes it worse for them when they come off their altered state.

Should he be encouraged to seek help? Sure, but I am still asking you, and you are still, refusing to answer, what problem is it causing you?

(12-18-2015, 11:39 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Should he be encouraged to seek help? Sure, but I am still asking you, and you are still, refusing to answer, what problem is it causing you?

He is delusional.   Which could be a threat to the public.   I would need more information.   But is he trying to play at the park with 6 year old girls because he thinks he is one?    I have said earlier.   If he keeps this other personality to himself of inside his home.   Then he can be as freaky as he wants.... The issue is when it goes outside and infringes on others.

As far as me personally.... Unless he is in my area he won't bother me. But this is why local areas should decide how they treat these mental cases.
(12-18-2015, 01:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is delusional.   Which could be a threat to the public.   I would need more information.   But is he trying to play at the park with 6 year old girls because he thinks he is one?    I have said earlier.   If he keeps this other personality to himself of inside his home.   Then he can be as freaky as he wants.... The issue is when it goes outside and infringes on others.

As far as me personally....  Unless he is in my area he won't bother me.   But this is why local areas should decide how they treat these mental cases.

What threat does this person pose? You're being incredibly vague. 

Also, from what I have read, they only play as a 6 year old with children from the family they live with. "Play therapy" as they called it. They still have a job and keep social media accounts in which they clearly behave as an adult. I think this is less of someone actually believing they are 6 and more of someone who is choosing to pretend to be 6.

(12-18-2015, 03:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What threat does this person pose? You're being incredibly vague. 

Also, from what I have read, they only play as a 6 year old with children from the family they live with. "Play therapy" as they called it. They still have a job and keep social media accounts in which they clearly behave as an adult. I think this is less of someone actually believing they are 6 and more of someone who is choosing to pretend to be 6.

Links?
I read that he abandoned his family to start living this life.
(12-18-2015, 03:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What threat does this person pose? You're being incredibly vague. 

agreed they are pretending just like all of these other people who pretend to be something they are not because they do not accept their own mental problems. When the rest of us stop going along with their delusions then maybe they can be encouraged to get some help instead of being told they are normal.
(12-18-2015, 05:02 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Links?
I read that he abandoned his family to start living this life.

Taken from the OP link and the Sun article it copied.

(12-18-2015, 07:32 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: agreed they are pretending just like all of these other people who pretend to be something they are not because they do not accept their own mental problems.   When the rest of us stop going along with their delusions then maybe they can be encouraged to get some help instead of being told they are normal.

So no specific threat?

(12-18-2015, 10:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Taken from the OP link and the Sun article it copied.

So no specific threat?

When an adult man who thinks they are a little girl surrounds himself with other minors to play and act as a child. This is beyond inappropriate and a threat to any child.
(12-18-2015, 10:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: When an adult man who thinks they are a little girl surrounds himself with other minors to play and act as a child.   This is beyond inappropriate and a threat to any child.

So what specific threat?

Either state it or just stop.