Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trashy Browns and Steelers hold impromptu MMA fight
(11-15-2019, 05:05 PM)Synric Wrote: https://youtu.be/eef-l5pcEIk

This was not a late hit. Everything about it was perfect legal the ball was still in Rudolph's hand as Garrett was wrapping him up. It was actually a good play by Rudolph to flip it out to the RB with a Garrett in his chest.

https://twitter.com/IAMKRIS24/status/1195205151411171328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1195205151411171328&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fthebengalsboard.com%2FThread-Trashy-Browns-and-Steelers-hold-impromptu-MMA-fight
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:08 PM)jason Wrote: Brian Cushing headbutted a dude wearing a helmet when his was torn off. Jeremy Shockey continued running through defenders once his helmet was knocked off. We all remember Whitworth throwing a Jaguar's helmet after pulling it off. Guys fight sometimes in the NFL. What position they play is irrelevant Garrett still had it in his hand, and for all we know was gonna hit DeCastro with it... Doesn't matter what led up to it, he was way over the line.

I have agreed all along, Garrett was over the line and deserves any suspension the league gives him. 

I'm just saying Rudolph needs to be held accountable for his part of this as well. 

Also, on a side note, isn't it nice to have no dog in the fight and see two other teams take center stage for being the dirtiest guys in the league for once.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:48 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This ignores that it was started by the late hit and take down of Rudolph by Garrett. This also ignores that I said the retaliation has to be equal to the initial infraction.  Here's an idea: read posts before you respond to them.

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:50 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This doesn't negate an action as a penalty. This also just means Garrett needs to keep his head up. 

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:17 PM)jason Wrote: If someone hit me in the head with a blunt object and my friends don't respond in kind, they are no longer friends.

He deserves punishment, but once the level of violence is escalated to weapons, all bets are off.

Oh, i see what you're saying now...the street is the same as the football field. WTH was i thinking??

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Rather the hit was late or not late is irrelevant. That hit happens weekly, and I have never seen a QB sit there and try to remove the defender's helmet, rip at the facemask and then be a moron and charge into a fight when the O-line has him restrained.

If Mason just does what all other QBs do in that situation, nothing happens. There was no flag, his O-line would have pushed Garrett away and had words with him which is what happens when any other QB goes down.

Rudoplh looked like a ***** and escalated this situation to the point Garrett went completely insane.

True.

Rudolph definitely looked like a little ***** and i don't recall seeing any flag for a late hit anyway. 

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh, i see what you're saying now...the street is the same as the football field. WTH was i thinking??

Yes... Human nature is the same.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I have agreed all along, Garrett was over the line and deserves any suspension the league gives him. 

I'm just saying Rudolph needs to be held accountable for his part of this as well. 

Also, on a side note, isn't it nice to have no dog in the fight and see two other teams take center stage for being the dirtiest guys in the league for once.

Yep... Miles Garrett fell right into the Burfict/ Pacman trap. The Browns are a very undisciplined team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:04 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You will have to forgive me if i'm skeptical of a Steelers fans opinion. You are one of the few steelers fans whom i can "talk" to without letting my bitter hatred for that team, seep into my opinion of the person i'm talking to, but that doesn't keep you from supporting your team...in a way i may not agree with. So, keep in mind, even if i get a bit edgy in my reply, it's not personal. It's just me being as frank and honest as i can about something that happened on a football field.  

With that said, steelers fans have a long history of forgiving or excusing their own players misconduct while calling for excessive punishment when it's any other team. I don't excuse Garrett even one fraction of a percentage for what he did, after Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off, unsuccessfully. 

That being said, Rudolph did try and rip his helmet off. For what reason, i don't know. Maybe he was trying to show what a tough guy he is. Maybe he was pissed off from the interceptions, the sacks and the fact they were getting beat by the Browns. More than likely, all of that is true. Rudolphs actions aside and Garrett's actions aside, Pouncy showed what a punk he is (and it's not the first time) by what he did. He's no better than anyone and "protecting his QB" is a ridiculous excuse that's being thrown around by several people. It's total bullshit. 

You're not more of a man or more of a teammate if you swing on someone because they hurt your QBs feelings. I'm not even saying i wouldn't do the same, i probably would. That would make me a punk and an asshole too, but i wouldn't deny it. 

Switching gears....if we're going to play the this game...then the Browns were perfectly in their right to do what they did because of all the times Steelers players speared one of their guys in the face or kicked them during a punt return, or basically, making them their ***** twice a year forever. The shoe was on the other foot and now Steelers fans don't like it. 

As an aside, I won't even begin to pretend that i was up in arms with some of the things Vontaze Burfict did to the Steelers, even at the expense of hurting the team. Steelers always provoke shit, when they're not going over the line, then cry foul when someone does it to them so i had more than a few snickers when Burfict would do something to get under their skin. That's a damn sad and stupid state to be in but it's an "understandable" human reaction when a team you root for is a doormat for so long. 

(11-15-2019, 05:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Both of these posts are identical
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 02:10 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: after watching the incident

The leagues suspension without pay is the right call...  Pouncy as well for kicking garrett on the head after should be suspended..    Nothing Rudolph did was worth more than a fine.

Watch carefully at the video. Pouncey kicked the leg of Browns #50, missing Garret's head.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:11 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Are you a Steeler fan?  Pouncey stomping on Garrett could cause just as much harm. Wrenching a players helmet off could also cause career ending injuries. Steelers fans always try to play the victim whenever someone B!@#@! slaps them. 

But he missed and hit browns #50 on the back of the leg.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 05:40 PM)Vambo Wrote: https://twitter.com/IAMKRIS24/status/1195205151411171328?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1195205151411171328&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fthebengalsboard.com%2FThread-Trashy-Browns-and-Steelers-hold-impromptu-MMA-fight

As has been stated, none of that matters. 

You started it.
No you started it.
No you did this.
No you did that.

That's all elementary school playground bullsh*t. Anyone trying to hash it out like that is of low IQ. 

What matters is using a helmet as a weapon. What happened before that doesn't matter as it can be attributed to understandable anger and frustration from the game and punished as such. Once a weapon is used, that's outside of the game and everything changes. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:36 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Watch carefully at the video. Pouncey kicked the leg of Browns #50, missing Garret's head.

That doesn't matter. If Garrett whiffs on Rudolphs head, he's still guilty. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I like to see the OL protect their QB  I don't think any of us were mad at Whitworth when he got ejected and suspended when he stood up for andy Dalton vs the raiders  and took out that Henderson guy...

I only wish our OL had any of that fire right now....     Now the kick was out of line (and most likely why hes suspended 3 games) and swinging fist at a helmet is just dumb.

The kick missed and hit Browns #50 instead.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:44 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: The kick missed and hit Browns #50 instead.

I didn't see that.. But hard to deny intent.
Reply/Quote
Heres an analogy.....

Two guys get into a fist fight. Don't know who started it or why, but one guy clearly wins the fight. That's when 2 other guys break it up and separate the two. The guy who lost gets up and charges the guy who won but is being restrained by the two others. Instead of cooling down behind the buffer of the two men, or fighting through to punch the guy coming back at him, the winner draws his gun and shoots the loser.

The police come. What do you think happens? They let the shooter go and say "oh well he shouldn't have started it or charged at him." Or do they arrest the shooter and charge him with attempted homicide?

In the end, they probably both get arrested. But the loser who was shot is fined and charged with a misdemeanor, while the winner is jailed and faces attempted homicide charges.

......and even though Rudolph wasn't suspended, I fully expect him to be fined. As will DeCastro.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:43 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: That doesn't matter. If Garrett whiffs on Rudolphs head, he's still guilty. 

You are right, it's the intent that counts to be guilty. But if Garrett whiffs on Rudolphs's head with the helmet, there is no indefinite suspension.

There is Assault but no Battery. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I didn't see that.. But hard to deny intent.

100% correct. Clear intent to kick Garret's head for a field goal. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:50 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: You are right, it's the intent that counts to be guilty. But if Garrett whiffs on Rudolphs's head with the helmet, there is no indefinite suspension.

There is Assault but no Battery. 

True but Pouncey also threw 4 or 5 punches too. Don't know how effective they were against Garretts helmet, but he threw them none the less. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's not just Steelers fans who think you're a clueless immature punk.

You've got to be in your early 20's at the most.  Your understanding of the criminal justice system displays all the knowledge and sophistication of a preschooler.  Not to mention if this occurred in a street scenario then Garrett would be arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, 245(a)(1) PC in CA, which carries a very significant amount of prison time.

Logical as always, good sir.

Well stated.  The incident could have very easily caused serious injury.

Absolutely.  I don't always like Stephen A. Smith, but he totally eviscerated his cohost's assertion that Rudolph was in any way to blame for this incident.  People trying to blame anyone but Garrett have a very poor understanding of the concept of personal responsibility.

Also well stated!

"Nope you mean Assault AND Battery. Battery is actual physical touching, while Assault would be the swing of the helmet where in this case there is a fear of being hit. He got HIT. Assault and Battery."
Reply/Quote