Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trashy Browns and Steelers hold impromptu MMA fight
(11-15-2019, 06:21 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Both of these posts are identical

But only in your jealous dreams.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:41 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: As has been stated, none of that matters. 

You started it.
No you started it.
No you did this.
No you did that.

That's all elementary school playground bullsh*t. Anyone trying to hash it out like that is of low IQ. 

What matters is using a helmet as a weapon. What happened before that doesn't matter as it can be attributed to understandable anger and frustration from the game and punished as such. Once a weapon is used, that's outside of the game and everything changes. 

Sweeeeeeet. Another steelers fan's opinion...  Mellow

The helmet is the main, biggest issue. 

It's doesn't absolve everything else that was done. That's not how it works.

Why can't steelers fans understand this?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Sweeeeeeet. Another steelers fan's opinion...  Mellow

The helmet is the main, biggest issue. 

It's doesn't absolve everything else that was done. That's not how it works.

Why can't steelers fans understand this?

It doesn't. Your point?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:04 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Your point?

That your post looked like you were saying what i said it looked like you were saying.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:57 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: True but Pouncey also threw 4 or 5 punches too. Don't know how effective they were against Garretts helmet, but he threw them none the less. 

Oh, yes. the punches were Assault AND Battery. 

I was referring to where everyone assumes that Pouncey's kick actually landed on Garrett's helmet.
If Garrett didn't see the kick attempt there is no Assault and clearly no Battery on the aforementioned kick.
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Why did Tomlin have his back up QB in a non winnable game after being physically dominated all game with seconds left backed up near his own goal line trying to pass?

Not a good choice.
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That your post looked like you were saying what i said it looked like you were saying.  Mellow

I didn't say that it absolved everything. Im saying that there are 2 separate incidents. Everything up to getting bashed in the head I'd consider part of the game. Tempers flare, frustrations boil over, and pushing, shoving, face mask grabbing happen. Usually you separate everyone and go on. Sometimes it's worse and deserves a penalty. Sometimes its even worse and deserves a fine too. Up to the helmet swing, all of the actions fall into this category. Flags were thrown and fines will be issued. The league said that there is more to come. 

Once the helmet is swung, then we've entered into a whole new world. Unless you want that to become a regular thing, you cannot chalk it up to being part of the game. It was egregious, over the top, reckless, and dangerous.

If Garrett had simply thrown the helmet down and cold cocked Mason, the whole thing would've remained one incident. But he didn't 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:22 PM)Vambo Wrote: Why did Tomlin have his back up QB in a non winnable game after being physically dominated all game with seconds left backed up near his own goal line trying to pass?

Not a good choice.

Lol you're really going to try to justify Garretts action with this?

This is Brad level logic right here. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:23 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I didn't say that it absolved everything. Im saying that there are 2 separate incidents. Everything up to getting bashed in the head I'd consider part of the game. Tempers flare, frustrations boil over, and pushing, shoving, face mask grabbing happen. Usually you separate everyone and go on. Sometimes it's worse and deserves a penalty. Sometimes its even worse and deserves a fine too. Up to the helmet swing, all of the actions fall into this category. Flags were thrown and fines will be issued. The league said that there is more to come. 

Once the helmet is swung, then we've entered into a whole new world. Unless you want that to become a regular thing, you cannot chalk it up to being part of the game. It was egregious, over the top, reckless, and dangerous.

If Garrett had simply thrown the helmet down and cold cocked Mason, the whole thing would've remained one incident. But he didn't 

Agreed.

Reply/Quote
Larry Ogunjobi was suspended for 1 game for running up and shoving Rudolph on his ass.

Mason Rudolph was fined for grabbing a guy by the helmet trying to RIP it off his head starting a wrestling match on the ground. Then proceeded to charge and continue to attack the guy after they were separated.

These actions have nothing to do with Myles Garrett or Muarice Pouncy. Each player should be held accountable for what they did...not minimized by more severe actions of another.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:49 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Heres an analogy.....

Two guys get into a fist fight. Don't know who started it or why, but one guy clearly wins the fight. That's when 2 other guys break it up and separate the two. The guy who lost gets up and charges the guy who won but is being restrained by the two others. Instead of cooling down behind the buffer of the two men, or fighting through to punch the guy coming back at him, the winner draws his gun and shoots the loser.

The police come. What do you think happens? They let the shooter go and say "oh well he shouldn't have started it or charged at him." Or do they arrest the shooter and charge him with attempted homicide?

In the end, they probably both get arrested. But the loser who was shot is fined and charged with a misdemeanor, while the winner is jailed and faces attempted homicide charges.

......and even though Rudolph wasn't suspended, I fully expect him to be fined. As will DeCastro.

That's it in a nutshell... People are being blinded by history and team affiliation. Miles Garrett took it to another level, and after that everyone reacted.

If Can Heyward did that to Jameis Winston, Bengals and Browns fans' heads would be exploding.... Let alone if it was their QB.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Larry Ogunjobi was suspended for 1 game for running up and shoving Rudolph on his ass.

Mason Rudolph was fined for grabbing a guy by the helmet trying to RIP it off his head starting a wrestling match on the ground. Then proceeded to charge and continue to attack the guy after they were separated.

These actions have nothing to do with Myles Garrett or Muarice Pouncy. Each player should be held accountable for what they did...not minimized by more severe actions of another.

Was MR fined? Didn't hear that but full expect it.....which means that he IS being held accountable for what he did. 

I don't agree that Ogunjobi should've been suspended. He got a raw deal. It was a cowardly chicken sh*t move, but not suspend-able. Fine-able, yes. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:58 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: "Nope you mean Assault AND Battery. Battery is actual physical touching, while Assault would be the swing of the helmet where in this case there is a fear of being hit. He got HIT. Assault and Battery."

No, I mean exactly what I said.  Battery is the legal term for making contact and assault can mean presenting the appearance, or inspiring fear, of being struck.  However, the penal code section for striking someone with a deadly weapon, at least in CA, is 245(a)(1) PC, "assault with a deadly weapon".  It may exist, but I am not aware of a state in which this crime is called "battery with a deadly weapon". 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:29 PM)jason Wrote: That's it in a nutshell... People are being blinded by history and team affiliation. Miles Garrett took it to another level, and after that everyone reacted.

If Can Heyward did that to Jameis Winston, Bengals and Browns fans' heads would be exploding.... Let alone if it was their QB.

^^^^^^ Steeler fan
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 12:32 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: ^^^^^^ Steeler fan

^^^^^^Bufoon
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Yeah, it's hard to buy into the whole "he was protecting his qb!" when the most ergregious thing he did was when Garret no longer posed any threat.
Reply/Quote
Bah.  It's a rivalry game.  Rudolph doesn't like that he got sacked, attempts and fails to start the fight, then when the tide turns, tries to kick him in the balls to save face.   Now he'll be remembered always in NFL video history for that moment.  It certainly won't be for his play on the field.  

It was a pretty stupid incident, but it'd never happened without Rudolph trying to put in his 2 cents.

A look back on 2019 vs. 1982........gosh, football was great back then....Alzado was the best.  

"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 12:01 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Bah.  It's a rivalry game.  Rudolph doesn't like that he got sacked, attempts and fails to start the fight, then when the tide turns, tries to kick him in the balls to save face.   Now he'll be remembered always in NFL video history for that moment.  It certainly won't be for his play on the field.  

It was a pretty stupid incident, but it'd never happened without Rudolph trying to put in his 2 cents.

A look back on 2019 vs. 1982........gosh, football was great back then....Alzado was the best.  

Rudolph didn't kick him in the nuts. That's just simply untrue started by morons who paused a video and took a screen shot. Watch the VIDEO and be honest. 

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 07:36 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Was MR fined? Didn't hear that but full expect it.....which means that he IS being held accountable for what he did. 

I don't agree that Ogunjobi should've been suspended. He got a raw deal. It was a cowardly chicken sh*t move, but not suspend-able. Fine-able, yes. 

If it happened right after the play (or during it for that matter) then I'm sure he would have just gotten a fine and no additional suspension. But the blindside shot happened after the helmet swing so it that point it's part of the fight. 
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2019, 02:38 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Rudolph didn't kick him in the nuts. That's just simply untrue started by morons who paused a video and took a screen shot. Watch the VIDEO and be honest. 

Lol.  Ok, life is a game of semantics. He simply used his cleated foot to push Garrett in the groin (balls?) when he begins to lose the battle.   Actually, that part really doesn't matter.  He tried to rip off Garrett's helmet, fails, Garrett shows him how it's done, then he goes after him AGAIN, and then gets bonked by his own helmet.

Tragedy. 

I bet he never tries that stunt again to another player besides a kicker or punter.   Hilarious
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote