Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trent Brown signs 1 year deal with the Bengals
(04-02-2024, 10:35 PM)StripesEarned Wrote: Love this signing when healthy dude can just flat out dominate. He passes off fluidly is strong as hell and makes it just look easy a lot of the time. Max Crosby used to say if he beat him one in practice he had a good day.

Watching Trent Browns tape the amount of reps he just dominates is crazy. I don't know if I've seen any other olineman tape that dominates reps as frequently a he does. He can just stones guys right at the point of contact because of his size and how strong he is.He can recover a lot of times just because of how strong he is. He gets off the ball quick as hell too.

If he can stay healthy and plays the way he's capable of playing he is probably the best olineman on the team.Wish he could get to the second level in the run game better but dude is a stud and these AFCN pass rushers are gonna have a much harder road to get to Burrow. If all that noise about him was just that..... Noise, we absolutely stole this guy.

Nice post, I see the same when watching Trent Brown play when healthy. Maybe NE was just an unlucky place for him and the 
coaches truly were out to get him like he said. He sure sounds like a great guy when he spoke in his press conference. Didn't 
even want to talk about his time in New England. Sounds like he wants to resurrect his career here and if he does play a lot and 
plays well I hope we extend Trent Brown.

But his injury history says he will miss at least a few games this year maybe more.

(04-03-2024, 06:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: Fuaga is on a plane right now heading to Cincy for a visit so it’s apparent we are still look at high end OT’s for round 1 potentially.

Fuaga is still my biggest hope at 18 and I am open to lots of different picks there if he isn't there and even if he is and the coaches
think of him as more of a Guard with his shorter arms, but still if he can play LG he could be an instant upgrade over Volson.
Reply/Quote
I work with an expat Yank, 49ers fan and Wolverines fan, who is pretty knowledgeable on his gridiron and huge on Fautanu for the Bengals and reckons he’ll get to 18. Haven’t seen anything on him but he says he can replace Volson at LG, who he detests, and RT if required but will be the starting RT in 2 seasons. Thoughts on Fautana?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:09 AM)wanga Wrote: I work with an expat Yank, 49ers fan and Wolverines fan, who is pretty knowledgeable on his gridiron and huge on Fautanu for the Bengals and reckons he’ll get to 18. Haven’t seen anything on him but he says he can replace Volson at LG, who he detests, and RT if required but will be the starting RT in 2 seasons. Thoughts on Fautana?
He'd be a damn fine pick, in my opinion. My only real concern is we have been bitten in the arse before, switching a guy from his natural position to something else. If they draft a guy to be the RT heir apparent, I would prefer they keep him there and let him get a year's worth of reps there, even if those reps are back up reps due to a healthy T.Brown. Now if they draft an interior guy with versatility, like JPJ or Barton, then I would be fine with them taking guard reps to push / unseat Volson with a mind of possibly having to take over center duties or replace Cappa down the road.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 02:43 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: He'd be a damn fine pick, in my opinion. My only real concern is we have been bitten in the arse before, switching a guy from his natural position to something else. If they draft a guy to be the RT heir apparent, I would prefer they keep him there and let him get a year's worth of reps there, even if those reps are back up reps due to a healthy T.Brown.  Now if they draft an interior guy with versatility, like JPJ or Barton, then I would be fine with them taking guard reps to push / unseat Volson with a mind of possibly having to take over center duties or replace Cappa down the road.

Yes sir, plus I heard Fautanu is like a Jonah clone, good technique but lacks in size and strength but that could be the other polynesian OL
that has about same name, confusing... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 02:43 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: He'd be a damn fine pick, in my opinion. My only real concern is we have been bitten in the arse before, switching a guy from his natural position to something else. If they draft a guy to be the RT heir apparent, I would prefer they keep him there and let him get a year's worth of reps there, even if those reps are back up reps due to a healthy T.Brown.  Now if they draft an interior guy with versatility, like JPJ or Barton, then I would be fine with them taking guard reps to push / unseat Volson with a mind of possibly having to take over center duties or replace Cappa down the road.

He likens our protection of Joey B to parking your Ferrari under a carport. Build something better to protect your investment. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 03:42 PM)wanga Wrote: He likens our protection of Joey B to parking your Ferrari under a carport. Build something better to protect your investment. 

This is the Washington Huskie OL prospect correct? I think you got his name wrong either way in your first post. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is the Washington Huskie OL prospect correct? I think you got his name wrong either way in your first post. Mellow

Yeah that doesn’t surprise me. Yep that’s him.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 07:55 PM)wanga Wrote: Yeah that doesn’t surprise me. Yep that’s him.

Cool, I like him, not as much as Fashanu but hey, Fautanu is definitely in the cards for us as I think he will be around at 18.

Fuaga probably won't who is my fave.
Reply/Quote