Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Truly dark day in Terrible Town
(12-31-2018, 06:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Getting a bit darker.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/31/antonio-brown-dispute-steelers-news-nfl/stories/201812310108

Why would you have a dispute with the guy who made you? AB would be good anywhere, but there are only so many HoF QBs out there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 07:43 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why do the great WR talents end up being douche bags?

Will Steeler's ignore it or will they dock him a week's pay check?

I bet they ignore it. They tend to ignore crap when HOF players are involved.

I hope they don't. It's unthinkable but Im beginning to think they need to move from Brown. Good WRs are easier to find than HoF QBs. 

They could probably get a haul in a trade. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I hope they don't. It's unthinkable but Im beginning to think they need to move from Brown. Good WRs are easier to find than HoF QBs. 

Without question they have to get rid of Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I hope they don't. It's unthinkable but Im beginning to think they need to move from Brown. Good WRs are easier to find than HoF QBs. 

Neither of those guys at easily replaced. Steelers are in a bad spot having to choose sides here. No matter what they choose, the team is worse.

Darn.

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:31 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Neither of those guys at easily replaced. Steelers are in a bad spot having to choose sides here. No matter what they choose, the team is worse.

Darn.

Popcorn

Brown is easier to replace than Ben. 
Reply/Quote
I mean....you could never FULLY replace either. But you can come closer to replacing the performance level of a WR than a QB.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:34 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Brown is easier to replace than Ben. 

It goes without saying but you have to question if Tomlin shouldn't go out the door with Brown. The Steelers have imploded under his watch, to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It goes without saying but you have to question if Tomlin shouldn't go out the door with Brown. The Steelers have imploded under his watch, to say the least.

Yeah the Steelers would do well to look to Cincinnati for some pointers on moving on from a lame duck coach.

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: It goes without saying but you have to question if Tomlin shouldn't go out the door with Brown. The Steelers have imploded under his watch, to say the least.

I wanted Tomlin out the door before this happened. Now even more. This IS the result of his coaching style. 

This offseason is a critical time for Pittsburgh. IMO they can make bold moves and recover really quickly by getting rid of Tomlin and trading Brown for a shit ton of picks and/or talent. Or they can keep both and continue on the same path, which I fear is what might happen. With the Ravens resurgent defense, an improving Browns team, and the Bengals getting healthy, next year could be epicly bad and dysfunctional. 

They are wasting the final years of Bens career and probably pushing him out the door. 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 01:52 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I wanted Tomlin out the door before this happened. Now even more. This IS the result of his coaching style. 

This offseason is a critical time for Pittsburgh. IMO they can make bold moves and recover really quickly by getting rid of Tomlin and trading Brown for a shit ton of picks and/or talent. Or they can keep both and continue on the same path, which I fear is what might happen. With the Ravens resurgent defense, an improving Browns team, and the Bengals getting healthy, next year could be epicly bad and dysfunctional. 

They are wasting the final years of Bens career and probably pushing him out the door. 

Yeah I fear that too. I hope they get things ironed out.

Ninja

Reply/Quote

Popcorn

Reply/Quote

I don't know if imploded is the correct word, but they have definitely been on the decline. Tomlin definitely needs to hit the bricks.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2019, 04:26 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Popcorn

I'm ready for the team to start rebuilding. Tomlin, Ben, Brown, I'm good. I think they are ready for a new era and I'm willing to see them miss the playoffs a few more years to make it happen.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 01:28 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

I've said that for years.  He's not only a drama queen, but he continually throws everyone he can under the bus.  Wonder who he blamed Sunday's INT on?  He was definitely looking for someone to blame when he simply got fooled by the safety.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
The Steelers are a hot mess
Reply/Quote

This is fun

Popcorn

Reply/Quote

Still fun. Not old yet.

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2019, 11:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:
Still fun. Not old yet.

Popcorn

Evidently theres some TV show called the Masked Singer on Fox tonight. Aaaaaand it was AB. 

Just when you think this shit couldn't get any weirder. 
Reply/Quote