Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Truly dark day in Terrible Town
(01-16-2019, 04:48 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: You know that’s right.

You and Brad should teach smack lessons together.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 07:22 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You and Brad should teach smack lessons together.

You’re really good at this.

Reply/Quote

I heard Hue Jackson is available.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 09:48 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Might as well be.  The rest of the story is it will be some to assists with that, but they will also have "other duties" and there is no guarantee that Tomlin has to listen to them.

He'll still coach with his "gut".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 09:48 AM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Screw that, Merv is available! He was king of knowing when to call a timeout or when to challenge....... LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 09:44 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: You’re really good at this.

Tell me something I don't know ...
Reply/Quote
Apparently the Steelers have their very own version of Mike Brown, the son of a great team owner just ready to sink the ship and take all the passengers down with him..  It's truly a thing of beauty to behold! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 05:50 PM)grampahol Wrote: Apparently the Steelers have their very own version of Mike Brown, the son of a great team owner just ready to sink the ship and take all the passengers down with him..  It's truly a thing of beauty to behold! 

Yeah, he became team president way back in 2003.  So even if he does sink the ship (unlikely) he's already had a better run than Mikey could ever hope for.  
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2019, 06:53 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, he became team president way back in 2003.  So even if he does sink the ship (unlikely) he's had a better run than Mikey could ever hope for.  

Oh a Steelers fan pointing to the past. Huh, imagine that.

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2019, 02:40 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Oh a Steelers fan pointing to the past. Huh, imagine that.

Pesky things, those facts ... Smirk
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 06:49 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

[Image: AnotherOne.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Guys, we've got a good thing going here. Now let's each and every one of us do everything we can to throw it away.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2019, 06:49 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

This time it's not a big deal. Bell and Brown wanting out is a big deal. Burnett wanting out is more like a blessing.
Reply/Quote
Yeah everything’s fine.

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 01:05 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah everything’s fine.

LOL Peachy Keen is stooler land.

Reply/Quote
A bunch of Charlie Browns. The Steelers are all but guaranteed a Super Bowl next year. When you make a deal with the devil, the devil holds up his end.

Incidentally, as much as people want to rip on the Bengals, did you know that over the last eight years, either the Bengals or the Patriots have been in every AFC Championship game?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-20-2019, 06:49 PM)michaelsean Wrote: A bunch of Charlie Browns. The Steelers are all but guaranteed a Super Bowl next year. When you make a deal with the devil, the devil holds up his end.

Incidentally, as much as people want to rip on the Bengals, did you know that over the last eight years, either the Bengals or the Patriots have been in every AFC Championship game?

LOL That is correct.  Not sure every Bengals fan "knows" that, though.
Reply/Quote
I would not say the Steeler's are imploding, they will continue to be a team that is a threat, but has little to no chance of winning another Super Bowl. The entire AFCN is irrelevant on the National stage, the entire division is a joke.

But, TY Ravens and Steelers for the past, unfortunately the past wins are a long time ago with no end in site of another AFCN win.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2019, 11:33 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would not say the Steeler's are imploding, they will continue to be a team that is a threat, but has little to no chance of winning another Super Bowl. The entire AFCN is irrelevant on the National stage, the entire division is a joke.

But, TY Ravens and Steelers for the past, unfortunately the past wins are a long time ago with no end in site of another AFCN win.

I don't think any prognostication further out than two or three years is reliable in today's NFL. Cases in point: the Browns went from zero wins last year to a hair's breadth away from a winning record this year. The Bears went from 5-11 to 12-4 (double doink notwithstanding). And after making it to the AFC Championship last year, wasn't this supposed to be the Jaguar's year?

Bill Cowher used to say that there is a fine line between winning and losing in this league, and I think that's absolutely true.
Reply/Quote