Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Trump Announces Presidential Bid for 2024
(11-16-2022, 12:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I brought him up mostly because he ticks a lot of those "electable" boxes, and it seems possible and logical that the dems could use their 2022 wins to transition to some new faces who have noted success.  Also, if you are a democrat and the GOP is supposedly handing you the WH, wouldn't you rather put someone in there who can run for a second term?

Something like this seems like a no-brainer to me (insert Biden or Trump joke here).  If Trump running is really the GOP-killer the left wants it to be, why not try to lock down the WH for the next 8 years?  If DeSantis runs in 2028 they're going to need someone who isn't Biden to go against him anyways.

The bitter humor of democrats responding to the GOP blunder of putting an unpopular former president who is around 80 years old on the 2024 ticket against the wishes of the majority of the party by sticking with Biden is fitting, though.

Also, 82-86 year old Biden vs 78-82 year old Trump would legimately be an election where the VPs could logically be expected to have to take over at any given point.  Are we ready for a pseudo matchup of Heartbeat Away from Harris VS Heartbeat Away from MTG?

Honestly with the Gen Z turnout I think it's a fallacy to think the Democrats should go moderate in 2024. Let Gen Z champion a more liberal option and keep improving the youth vote which is historically higher during a presidential election than a mid term. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 11:23 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds like a reasonable candidate. As for not having enough experience, does that even matter anymore? Obama didn't have a lot of experience and neither did Trump. I think as long as he's reasonable (which would be refreshing for once) and not an asshole he has a chance.

Obama was a serving senator with impeccable character when elected, 

not to mention also a professor of Constitutional Law.

Trump still seems to know neither how the law nor the government actually works,

when he seriously argues that as Pres he could simply declare top secret documents his "private property." 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: Honestly with the Gen Z turnout I think it's a fallacy to think the Democrats should go moderate in 2024. Let Gen Z champion a more liberal option and keep improving the youth vote which is historically higher during a presidential election than a mid term. 

Being a democrat is progressive enough in itself these days.  Mark Kelly is also liberal in regards to social factors, pro-choice factors, and calling out the predatory nature of our current student loan climate.  Gen Z didn't exactly stay home and not vote because we have a fossil of a centrist in the white house right now, either.

https://www.ontheissues.org/Senate/Mark_Kelly.htm
  • Wrong that LGBTQ people can be married and get fired for it. (Oct 2020)
  • Demand accountability on deep systemic issues with racism. (Jun 2020)
  • Human Rights Campaign: endorsed as voice for equality. (Jan 2020)'

• More financial aid, lower interest rates on student loans. (Oct 2020)
  • Expand access to early education; pay teachers a decent wage. (Jan 2020)
  • Support post-secondary training; ease student debt. (Jan 2020)
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Being a democrat is progressive enough in itself these days.  Mark Kelly is also liberal in regards to social factors, pro-choice factors, and calling out the predatory nature of our current student loan climate.  Gen Z didn't exactly stay home and not vote because we have a fossil of a centrist in the white house right now, either.

• Wrong that LGBTQ people can be married and get fired for it. (Oct 2020)
  • Demand accountability on deep systemic issues with racism. (Jun 2020)
  • Human Rights Campaign: endorsed as voice for equality. (Jan 2020)'

• More financial aid, lower interest rates on student loans. (Oct 2020)
  • Expand access to early education; pay teachers a decent wage. (Jan 2020)
  • Support post-secondary training; ease student debt. (Jan 2020)

Again, this is the thinking that gets you Hillary Clinton getting beat by Donald Trump. They weren't voting for the "fossil" they were voting in other races and the point is you have a rallied conservative base now to for 2024. If you go moderate against a guy like DeSantis, assuming Trump is in prison or out of the picture, then you are right back where we were. 

Gen Z is sick of moderates, I am telling you right now a split of the Democratic party is not out of the question by 2028 if people don't start taking it seriously. Choosing between someone that is just a less painful conservative is not an acceptable option for this group long term. If Gen Z who saved the country's ass this time through can be expected to suck it up for a moderate then the others should be able to suck it up for someone more liberal.

Short term you may win with a Kelly but long term you will lose a MASSIVE voting block that has been shit on basically their whole lives and now has the power to do something about it.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: Again, this is the thinking that gets you Hillary Clinton getting beat by Donald Trump. They weren't voting for the "fossil" they were voting in other races and the point is you have a rallied conservative base now to for 2024. If you go moderate against a guy like DeSantis, assuming Trump is in prison or out of the picture, then you are right back where we were. 

Gen Z is sick of moderates, I am telling you right now a split of the Democratic party is not out of the question by 2028 if people don't start taking it seriously. Choosing between someone that is just a less painful conservative is not an acceptable option for this group long term. If Gen Z who saved the country's ass this time through can be expected to suck it up for a moderate then the others should be able to suck it up for someone more liberal.

Short term you may win with a Kelly but long term you will lose a MASSIVE voting block that has been shit on basically their whole lives and now has the power to do something about it.

What do Gen Z voters want?  I mean, Biden talked student loan forgiveness and the current centrist democratic party talks pro-choice and they voted in droves. 

Who is a politician they'd want?  And what makes you think a politician who specifically caters to Gen Z won't send independents back to the GOP?

EDIT - Keep in mind our current system makes it a lot easier for the GOP to elect someone off the charts different...the democrats...not so much.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 01:11 PM)Dill Wrote: Obama was a serving senator with impeccable character when elected, 

not to mention also a professor of Constitutional Law.

Trump still seems to know neither how the law nor how government actually works,

when he seriously argues that as Pres he could simply declare top secret documents his "private property." 

Not sure why you highlighted professor of constitutional law? Anyway, on a national level he was senator for 3years before running and being elected for POTUS. That's not a lot of experience. I will admit however he was an illinois state senator for 7 so I guess that's some experience. I remember when he ran I had never heard of him. 

Reply/Quote
Donald Trump, undercover democrat operative sent to destroy the Republican party. Change my mind. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Donald Trump, undercover democrat operative sent to destroy the Republican party. Change my mind. Ninja

You joke, but we're getting closer and closer to this being tossed out there.  Suddenly all those women he "totally didn't sexually offend" are going to start being more and more believable as Trump gets closer to destroying the GOP.

The GOP has the infamous "Pee Tape" change MY mind.
Reply/Quote
If anyone is surprised at this they are delusional.

Of course the 30% of voters that will carry him through the primaries are delusional too.  Smirk

All seriousness aside, it's just another grift along with his desire to feel the attention and affection of the crowds.  I'm just glad the media pretty much yawned and buried the whole thing.

Peep the bottom of the front page:

[Image: FhsEkpgWQAwSwWs?format=jpg&name=small]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Donald Trump, undercover democrat operative sent to destroy the Republican party. Change my mind. Ninja

I brought this up the other day and although I was joking, there was a fiber of my being convinced this may be true. There is no way a person could be so oblivious to think running for POTUS again would hurt the GOP unless, well, that was the intention in the beginning.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I brought this up the other day and although I was joking, there was a fiber of my being convinced this may be true. There is no way a person could be so oblivious to think running for POTUS again would hurt the GOP unless, well, that was the intention in the beginning.

If only the general populace would have been sounding the alarm on Trump being a sleazy conman and a self-serving phony for the past 40 years or so we would have had a shot at avoiding all this.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You joke, but we're getting closer and closer to this being tossed out there.  Suddenly all those women he "totally didn't sexually offend" are going to start being more and more believable as Trump gets closer to destroying the GOP.

The GOP has the infamous "Pee Tape" change MY mind.

If you can find a Don Jr. laptop you may be onto something.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:58 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: If you can find a Don Jr. laptop you may be onto something.

Don Jr. and Hunter Biden are the same person.  JFK Jr. is going to reappear any day now and arrest them.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Don Jr. and Hunter Biden are the same person.  JFK Jr. is going to reappear any day now and arrest them.

No they're not and I have proof:

[Image: stepbrothers_banner_2572x1100_v2.png?h=a...k=7m7ZKbdz]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 02:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure why you highlighted professor of constitutional law? Anyway, on a national level he was senator for 3years before running and being elected for POTUS. That's not a lot of experience. I will admit however he was an illinois state senator for 7 so I guess that's some experience. I remember when he ran I had never heard of him. 

I think understanding the Constitution inside out, its history (including SCOTUS decisions),

and the various interpretations of Amendments which have played out over 240 years 

is a big plus for someone in the land's highest office.

Think of all the Trump actions which were obstructed by law, or by his own staff,  

because he did not know the law or understand what was politically possible
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 04:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Don Jr. and Hunter Biden are the same person.  JFK Jr. is going to reappear any day now and arrest them.

Learn to say that with a straight face on camera and you can get enough donations to set you up for life.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 03:27 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If only the general populace would have been sounding the alarm on Trump being a sleazy conman and a self-serving phony for the past 40 years or so we would have had a shot at avoiding all this.

Eh. Good news if you’re a lefty or the media. 4 more years of whoever the party chooses.

Also…looks like he’s already increasing job numbers…some prominent fact checkers are working again Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 05:40 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Eh. Good news if you’re a lefty or the media. 4 more years of whoever the party chooses.

Also…looks like he’s already increasing job numbers…some prominent fact checkers are working again Yeah

I'm already printing up TRUMP 2028 flags and hats to sell.  
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2022, 06:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm already printing up TRUMP 2028 flags and hats to sell.  

Why stop there? Trumpkanda FOREVER
Reply/Quote
burn baby, burn that baby, disco inferno! burn that party down!
Reply/Quote