Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Trump-Biden Debates set
(05-16-2024, 02:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I really don't understand why Biden didn't pardon him from Federal prosecution and tell NY and GA to not press charges. If he had done this, Trump wouldn't have all this free press to stay relevant with.

While I don't see why that would be a good move by Biden, Trump could still refuse to accept guilt and refuse the pardon and go through the whole process if it's so essential to his staying relevant.  Accepting a pardon requires an admission of guilt in a tacit or literal sense, doesn't it?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 02:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: While I don't see why that would be a good move by Biden, Trump could still refuse to accept guilt and refuse the pardon and go through the whole process if it's so essential to his staying relevant.  Accepting a pardon requires an admission of guilt in a tacit or literal sense, doesn't it?

No he wouldn't. You think he wants to spend millions going to court? Plus you would have taken the wind out of his sails by doing that. He couldn't make the claim they out to get me. Where does this kinda thinking even come from? 

Let's check how Hunters finances are doing up and his 2 cases on opposite coasts that haven't even started yet. Ooops, his backer announced yesterday he's tapping out.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 03:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No he wouldn't. You think he wants to spend millions going to court? Plus you would have taken the wind out of his sails by doing that. He couldn't make the claim they out to get me.

Trump being under investigation is being touted as a main reason he's even relevant and/or going to win in 2024, and I'm pretty sure you are making that point yourself.  Also, you are underestimating Trump's ability to turn anything into "they're out to get me."  

(05-16-2024, 03:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Where does this kinda thinking even come from? 

What kind of thinking?  The thinking that the people who already unenthusiastically support Biden wouldn't approve of him pardoning Trump? Or is it my skepticism that if Biden pardoned Trump Trump would say "Ahh gee that's fair...I guess I am being treated fairly after all?"

I think the burden of proof is on you if you legitimately think Biden doing a favor for Trump is going to be good for Biden AND if you think Trump would respond to that by losing support and/or admitting he's not persecuted after all.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 03:25 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: No he wouldn't. You think he wants to spend millions going to court? Plus you would have taken the wind out of his sails by doing that. He couldn't make the claim they out to get me. Where does this kinda thinking even come from? 

Let's check how Hunters finances are doing up and his 2 cases on opposite coasts that haven't even started yet. Ooops, his backer announced yesterday he's tapping out.

As an aside Trump is spending anything himself.  He's using donations, PACS and the RNC to pay for his legal fees.

At least that's what is public so far.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 04:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: As an aside Trump is spending anything himself.  He's using donations, PACS and the RNC to pay for his legal fees.

At least that's what is public so far.

And so it's Legal, are you saying if they weren't paying for his Legal fees they'd have money for campaigning? Kinda making it out to sounds slightly politically motivated...
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 02:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Speaking of, Just like Baron's Graduation... Courts won't let me go. It's all rigged against me! 
And if he does go, do you really think turning off the Mic is gonna stop him from talking? He will likely talk the whole time it's Biden's turn just to get under his skin. 
I really don't understand why Biden didn't pardon him from Federal prosecution and tell NY and GA to not press charges. If he had done this, Trump wouldn't have all this free press to stay relevant with. Romney gets it and he's one of my Favs that i wish would have run against Hillary. Maybe I'm dreaming but i felt Romney would have been able to get both sides to agree on things rather than pushing both sides further apart.

Romney is a decent man and competent businessman. He would not have been a disaster as president.

But pardoning Trump was really an impossibility for any Dem president. 

His insurrection and other abuses of power went WAY beyond a hotel break in and some obstruction.
And they posed a special threat to RULE of LAW.  

The US needs all these Trump trials to establish the range and degree of wrongdoing, and to deter future autocrats.
The threat was/is far greater than Trump. Remember the GOP party organization itself, from seven different states,
was responsible for the list of fake electors.  

Not impeaching Trump the first time led to the insurrection. Not prosecuting his insurrection lwill lead to greater ills.
A pardon would be received be received by the far right like Barr's memo on the Mueller Report--full exoneration from the "witch hunt." 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 04:41 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And so it's Legal, are you saying if they weren't paying for his Legal fees they'd have money for campaigning? Kinda making it out to sounds slightly politically motivated...

I'm saying HE (the billionaire) isn't spending anything.  His family is in charge of the RNC and they are using those funds for his legal defense.

Never said illegal.

If the RNC and Trump chooses to use those funds for his own personal legal battles then he will have less to campaign with.

But he doesn't need money to campaign!  He's a billionaire!

Never mind.  It won't matter to you.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 02:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: And if he does go, do you really think turning off the Mic is gonna stop him from talking? He will likely talk the whole time it's Biden's turn just to get under his skin. 

Ah naive young man.  There will be a near invisible plastic/plexiglass shield around the front of their mics to block sound.  I am sure they will test this very thing before hand.  Have one CNN guy scream at each other from one side to the other.  Do you really think they won't "Trump Proof" the sound/mics/speakers?
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 05:35 PM)Stewy Wrote: Ah naive young man.  There will be a near invisible plastic/plexiglass shield around the front of their mics to block sound.  I am sure they will test this very thing before hand.  Have one CNN guy scream at each other from one side to the other.  Do you really think they won't "Trump Proof" the sound/mics/speakers?

So there will be a wall up between Biden and Trump so they can't talk to each other?
Didn't see it listed anywhere, would be about the only way to get trump to stop talking and confusing Joe.

I don't even know why Joe is agreeing to it. Trump never really talks policy. Just blasts on his opponents and Joe is not quick enough on his feet to hit back.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 05:51 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: So there will be a wall up between Biden and Trump so they can't talk to each other?
Didn't see it listed anywhere, would be about the only way to get trump to stop talking and confusing Joe.

I don't even know why Joe is agreeing to it. Trump never really talks policy. Just blasts on his opponents and Joe is not quick enough on his feet to hit back.

I think the thing that best "won" the 2020 debates for Biden was when he just stood there while Trump blathered on and on and in a moment of sincerity did the whole "Will you shut up, man?" thing.  Trump is like the Vinnie Vincent of politics where he puts on makeup and then just bombards you with a bunch of noise and then declares himself a genius, and even I can't believe I made that reference. 
Reply/Quote
I expect Trump to open up and be honest.

Yes I broke my vows and cheated on my first wife.
Yes I broke my vows and cheated on my second wife.
Yes I broke my vows and cheated on my third wife.
Yes I ran a fraudulent charity.
Yes I ran a fraudulent business.
Yes I stole top secret documents and lied about it.
Yes I broke the oath I took to defend and protect the Constitution when I attempted to steal an election.
Yes I said I loved the poorly educated. The fact I’m standing here and you all already knew all the things I just said is my why.

Yes you should believe every word I say, trust me with your greatest secrets, and give me 100% loyalty. Because… GOP logic
Reply/Quote
I heard the plan was to wait until after the first debate, then the DOJ will charge DJT with elder abuse against Joe Biden.

They are selecting the venue based on the demographics of the jury pool.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 07:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I expect Trump to open up and be honest.

Yes I broke my vows and cheated on my first wife.
Yes I broke my vows and cheated on my second wife.
Yes I broke my vows and cheated on my third wife.
Yes I ran a fraudulent charity.
Yes I ran a fraudulent business.
Yes I stole top secret documents and lied about it.
Yes I broke the oath I took to defend and protect the Constitution when I attempted to steal an election.
Yes I said I loved the poorly educated. The fact I’m standing here and you all already knew all the things I just said is my why.

Yes you should believe every word I say, trust me with your greatest secrets, and give me 100% loyalty. Because… GOP logic

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 12:55 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Ok I’ll bite. Which of the things mentioned that I believe to be true do you think is conspiracy?
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 03:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ok I’ll bite. Which of the things mentioned that I believe to be true do you think is conspiracy?

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 04:54 PM)FormerlyBengalRugby Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Just as I suspected from the "logic" reflected in your posts.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 03:56 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ok I’ll bite. Which of the things mentioned that I believe to be true do you think is conspiracy?

Going to go out on a limb here. Crack, Shit, Thump!

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Going to go out on a limb here. Crack, Shit, Thump!

When you guys can't even honestly answer a question. It definitely reinforces my beliefs.
Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:08 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: When you guys can't even honestly answer a question. It definitely reinforces my beliefs.

I'm having a great day. DIdn't read the thread. Mowing the yard and stuff. Seen your post and a funny came to mind. Took my shot and missed. What the hell you so offended about this time? Tree branches snap all the time.

Reply/Quote
(05-18-2024, 05:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Just as I suspected from the "logic" reflected in your posts.

You know what the nonsense is, but you just want to argue. You've yet to demonstrate you can see the other side, or have a civil conversation with someone who isn't lock step with the left.

Why would someone waste their time banging their head against the wall when you will just ignore points made or engage in the left's rallying cry of whatabout-ism?

I will pass on conversation, but appreciate the chuckle at your steadfast belief in victory.

Reply/Quote