Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Confession
(08-06-2018, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: All I have to prove is that he solicited a contribution.  Don't have to prove that he got anything or that anyone wascompensated.

The law says it is against the law to solicit a contribution from a foreign country.  That is exactly what he did.  He tried to get the Russians to contribute some information to his campaign.

Why are you defending Trump on this?

Kind of a side question, Fred, but what are your thoughts of him obstructing justice? It seems to me there are enough of his public comments to show he has offered conflicting statements on what he did/did not know on the subject. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(08-06-2018, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't need one as I have a memory slightly longer than some around here.

But I'll make it even easier for you to not read the story and offer more excuses for your boy Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/01/politics/timeline-donald-trump-jr-/index.html

ThumbsUp

Dang someone's in a nasty mood today.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-06-2018, 12:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Kind of a side question, Fred, but what are your thoughts of him obstructing justice? It seems to me there are enough of his public comments to show he has offered conflicting statements on what he did/did not know on the subject. 
I can tell you from exterience that he doesn't consider the deletion of 30000 emails from a subpoenaed laptop to be Obstruction of Justice.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(08-06-2018, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can tell you from exterience that he doesn't consider the deletion of 30000 emails from a subpoenaed laptop to be Obstruction of Justice.

Weren't a couple of phones smashed up too by one of her aides?

Luckily she had friends in high places, cough cough Comey and Lynch.

But back to Trump. Agreed with what you said above. If there is evidence, as in real evidence that he colluded with Russia to get dirt, then go after him. Because by God our politicians should never use a foreigners to get dirt and instead should get dirt the good ole fashioned American way by using Americans to so.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-06-2018, 12:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: I didn't need one as I have a memory slightly longer than some around here.

But I'll make it even easier for you to not read the story and offer more excuses for your boy Trump.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/08/01/politics/timeline-donald-trump-jr-/index.html

ThumbsUp

OK I read it. At the risk of receiving your ire, I  still don't see how that makes the tweet a confession.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-06-2018, 01:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I can tell you from exterience that he doesn't consider the deletion of 30000 emails from a subpoenaed laptop to be Obstruction of Justice.

I am after what an experienced legal mind has to say on Trump's words and actions, which is why I addressed my question directly to Fred. 

(08-06-2018, 01:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: OK I read it. At the risk of receiving your ire, I  still don't see how that makes the tweet a confession.

Of course you don't.  Never really thought you would.

He just lied and lied and lied until he finally had to tell a little bit of truth...that's not a confession in Trumpland.

Oh...he also *might* have been talking with a witness on Air Force One.

But I'm sure she was just hitching a ride...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-06-2018, 01:09 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Weren't a couple of phones smashed up too by one of her aides?

Luckily she had friends in high places, cough cough Comey and Lynch.

But back to Trump. Agreed with what you said above. If there is evidence, as in real evidence that he colluded with Russia to get dirt, then go after him. Because by God our politicians should never use a foreigners to get dirt and instead should get dirt the good ole fashioned American way by using Americans to so.

Yes, but you have to PROVE there was a crime, well unless Trump does it. 

I'm with you, kinda. I wonder want people would think if our Executive Branch at the time had used Russian operatives to get dirt on Trump. Would that be OK? Same thing is 6 years from now when Trump is finishing his 2nd term. Would it be OK if he used Russian operative then to get dirt on a Presidential candidate. 

(08-06-2018, 01:18 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I am after what an experienced legal mind has to say on Trump's words and actions, which is why I addressed my question directly to Fred. 

Are you asserting I don't have a legally experienced mind? Probably best to use the PM feature if you don't want others commenting on your posts around here. 

(08-06-2018, 01:18 PM)GMDino Wrote: Of course you don't.  Never really thought you would.

He just lied and lied and lied until he finally had to tell a little bit of truth...that's not a confession in Trumpland.

Oh...he also *might* have been talking with a witness on Air Force One.

But I'm sure she was just hitching a ride...

Well help me out.  What on that timeline implicates Trump?

(08-06-2018, 01:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you asserting I don't have a legally experienced mind? Probably best to use the PM feature if you don't want others commenting on your posts around here. 

Are you a practicing attorney? If so, I still prefer Fred's legal opinion. That's why I asked him, and no one else. Thanks for the tip on the features around here. 

Ok so I will say that I didn’t think it was illegal to receive info from a foreigner. I thought that Hillary was in the clear because it was paid for. I understand she didn’t initiate it, but she still received it so I’m a little confused there. My understanding of that situation may have been wrong but that’s what I was basing my opinion on. JJ I gotta hand you a win on this one at least that a crime may have been committed where I didn’t think one was.

(08-06-2018, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, but you have to PROVE there was a crime, well unless Trump does it. 

I'm with you, kinda. I wonder want people would think if our Executive Branch at the time had used Russian operatives to get dirt on Trump. Would that be OK? Same thing is 6 years from now when Trump is finishing his 2nd term. Would it be OK if he used Russian operative then to get dirt on a Presidential candidate. 

It's amusing to watch both sides on this stuff. Hillary basically committed a felony by obstructing a federal investigation, yet she was defended by the left in that she did nothing wrong and it was a right wing witch hunt to get her. Then on the other side there is some circumstantial evidence that Trump or at the least some of Trump's people were in contact with some Russians to get dirt out on Hillary. And many on the right are defending him in a similar way, calling it a witch hunt.

(08-06-2018, 01:38 PM)Millhouse Wrote: It's amusing to watch both sides on this stuff. Hillary basically committed a felony by obstructing a federal investigation, yet she was defended by the left in that she did nothing wrong and it was a right wing witch hunt to get her. Then on the other side there is some circumstantial evidence that Trump or at the least some of Trump's people were in contact with some Russians to get dirt out on Hillary. And many on the right are defending him in a similar way, calling it a witch hunt.

As I said on election night: We will spend the next 4-8 years being exactly what we have hated for the past 8. 

(08-06-2018, 01:27 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Are you a practicing attorney? If so, I still prefer Fred's legal opinion. That's why I asked him, and no one else. Thanks for the tip on the features around here. 

My apologies for commenting on your post

(08-06-2018, 01:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yes, but you have to PROVE there was a crime, well unless Trump does it. 

Actually you have to investigate it and then see what the conclusion is.

Still waiting on the Trump conclusion.

Well, some of us are.  Some have been caught up in defending everything he does so they have all their eggs in that basket.
(08-06-2018, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said on election night: We will spend the next 4-8 years being exactly what we have hated for the past 8. 

In a way thats where having Bernie as POTUS could have avoided a lot of this. He wouldn't have been hounded by the right like Hillary rightfully would have, nor like how how Trump rightfully is being hounded. Even though I disagree with some of Bernie's ideas, he is a more honest and trustworthy person than either (which isnt saying a whole lot lol).

(08-06-2018, 12:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is hilarious coming from someone that will bend over backwards to try and demonstrate how Hillary didn't break a law.

As to the OP: I've said numerous times. If Trump colluded with the Russians to get dirt on Hills and expose it to the public he should resign or face impeachment. But you might have to understand his motive to do so as our Executive Branch at the time damn sure was going to turn over the smallest of rocks. 

(08-06-2018, 01:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Actually you have to investigate it and then see what the conclusion is.

Still waiting on the Trump conclusion.

Well, some of us are.  Some have been caught up in defending everything he does so they have all their eggs in that basket.

Well, those people are every bit as irrational that condemn every thing he does and start a shiny new thread about each act. But I don't see too many examples, of those to which you refer, around here. Luckily, I have not lost my rationality, but there are many that have.  

(08-06-2018, 01:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well, those people are every bit as irrational that condemn every thing he does and start a shiny new thread about each act. But I don't see too many examples, of those to which you refer, around here. Luckily, I have not lost my rationality, but there are many that have.  

I just wish everyone could be as good at this political stuff as you.   Mellow
(08-06-2018, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I said on election night: We will spend the next 4-8 years being exactly what we have hated for the past 8. 

True, it's not like Trump does or has done anything in his life to deserve such criticism.  It's unfair, really.