Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Confession
(08-06-2018, 04:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: How did this thread on Trump's confession turn into Hillary's emails........

Oh who am I fooling. We all knew that was coming.
It was used to illustrate the double-standard employed by many.

How did we get ANOTHER anti-Trump thread in this forum.......

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Yes another Trump thread. Sorry, some of us care about America and anyone especially a POTUS who confessed to colluding with a foreign enemy to attack this great Nation and her citizens. But again, only some of us. Clearly.

Double standards? See my last post and tell me again why you aren't as furious with Trump and his administrations usage of private server etc?

Matter of fact you guys have never even mentioned it (go figure).

But carry on.....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-06-2018, 03:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Sure is, but I do believe Aesop wrote a fable about the dynamic. 

Aesop wrote lots of stuff...I'm sure one of his fables had the moral that can be used to justify constant criticism.

(08-06-2018, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was used to illustrate the double-standard employed by many.

How did we get ANOTHER anti-Trump thread in this forum.......

It's like we made a guy who has been criticized for decades that most voters didn't want to be president the president, or something.  No fair!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/right-turn/wp/2018/08/05/trump-tweeted-what/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8e48d274d62a

(08-06-2018, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes another Trump thread. Sorry, some of us care about America and anyone especially the POTUS who confessed to colluding with a foreign enemy to attack this great Nation. But again, only some of us.

Double standards? See my last post and tell me again why you aren't as furious with Trump and his administrations usage of a private server etc?

But carry on.....

As I said: If Trump is proven of any wrong doing then he should be impeached or resign. If it is shown he has sent classified government correspondence over a non-secure server I would also expect resignation or impeachment. I'm assuming you'd be OK with it if he was just determined to be "careless". 

Your care for America is to be applauded. 

I respect the FBI and our Law enforcement Agencies. They cleared Hillary (as has the Republican Congress over and over for nearly 40 years, thousands of investigations, and billions of Tax payers money). I respect the FBI and their decision.

If you have issues with our law enforcement and FBI and believe it's a travesty and injustice the way they've "helped" Hillary and treated Trump, then maybe you should save your applauds for black athletes who kneel and had their livelihoods ended for your cause.

Of course Trump Supporters don't want nothing to do with standing against (kneeling) injustice in law enforcement when it doesn't effect them.

(08-06-2018, 04:53 PM)jj22 Wrote: I respect the FBI and our Law enforcement Agencies. They cleared Hillary (as has the Republican Congress over and over for nearly 40 years). I respect the FBI and their decision.

Well then. Why not wait for their decisions on this matter? I'm sure you'll respect whatever it is. 

(08-06-2018, 04:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Yes another Trump thread. Sorry, some of us care about America and anyone especially a POTUS who confessed to colluding with a foreign enemy to attack this great Nation and her citizens. But again, only some of us. Clearly.  

Double standards? See my last post and tell me again why you aren't as furious with Trump and his administrations usage of  private server etc?

But carry on.....

You should probably exclude war veterans from your characterizations.  (I'm not the war veteran)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(08-06-2018, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then. Why not wait for their decisions on this matter? I'm sure you'll respect whatever it is. 

Because we have Trump confessing and he's obstructed justice in plain sight.  Why do I have to ignore this and wait?

When a criminal confesses to murder/theft etc do I have to still wait for due process to judge them?

(08-06-2018, 04:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well then. Why not wait for their decisions on this matter? I'm sure you'll respect whatever it is. 

You don't have to wait because you have already indicated that you don't trust the FBI.  To you Trump will be innocent and Hillary will be guilty no matter what the FBI and Department of Justice finds.

Trump followers can not lose.  If the FBI clears him they will try to gloat, but if the FBI finds that he is crooked they will just use the "but Hillary" defense to prove that the FBI is crooked and can not be trusted.

No wonder they are so smug.  It is impossible for them to be wrong.  They have been programmed to accept cognitive dissonance.
(08-06-2018, 05:00 PM)jj22 Wrote: Because we have Trump confessing and he's obstructed justice in plain sight.  Why do I have to ignore this and wait?

When a criminal confesses to murder/theft etc do I have to still wait for due process to judge them?

Yes, but as I'm sure Fred with his "expert" legal brain will be quick to point out that a lot more than something happening must be proven before when can assert a crime has been committed or even a law has been broken.

OK, maybe he won't in this instance for some expert legal reason. 

Wasn't this a story over a year ago when Trump said there was a meeting with a Russian but didn't amount to anything because the woman started talking about adoption or something like that?
(08-06-2018, 09:22 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Wasn't this a story over a year ago when Trump said there was a meeting with a Russian but didn't amount to anything because the woman started talking about adoption or something like that?

He said there was no meeting...then Jr said there was (he released emails about it)...but only after he had said there were not meetings...but the meetings were just about adoptions...except that's not what the emails said...then the POTUS said he had nothing to do with the letter Jr released explaining his previous explanation...then he said he had some input...then he said he wrote it...then he said...

Well, you get the picture...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Make a thread about one of the biggest news stories of the weekend involving the President and it turns into rants about whether or not someone who isn't president committed a crime over 3 years ago.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-07-2018, 01:00 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Make a thread about one of the biggest news stories of the weekend involving the President and it turns into rants about whether or not someone who isn't president committed a crime over 3 years ago.

People sure are obsessed with Trump! Ninja
Sooner or later Trump supporters (secret or otherwise) will see the Hillary card they love to pull to distract from this significant moment in American history has gotten old to Americans.

"but but but Hillary's emails". Should be on folks tombstone.

(08-06-2018, 12:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So you have to prove they a)received something of value and b) didn't compensate for it.  Did Trump confess to that?

I know this is an older post, but I didn't dive into this thread until just now. I also haven't read all of the posts following, but I wanted to provide a little further clarification after Fred's post. There doesn't actually need to be an exchange of anything for there to have been a crime. If the meeting was happening to discuss the crime, then that can constitute conspiracy to commit the crime. So taking a meeting to discuss Russia providing the campaign with damaging information on Clinton would be conspiracy to violate the law, which is in and of itself a violation of the law.

As to the second part, contributions need not be lacking in a quid pro quo or other compensation. A person can contribute something of value to a campaign and be compensated; campaign staffers do it on the regular. I know that is not typically how we think of the word, but the intent of the law is as such. This is why it is included separate from donation.

(08-06-2018, 12:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not trying to defend him ethically.  I think he's a sleaze and his son and son-in-law are just as bad if not worse.  I just don't think he confessed to anything.   Jr might have some campaign finance laws he has to answer for, but isn't that usually just a fine?

Per the U.S. Code, the punishment would be up to a $10k fine and/or 5 years in prison as an illegal payment to the campaign. The real issue for Jr. will be the perjury charge since he testified before Congress that the meeting was about Russian adoptions and not getting dirt on Clinton.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Right on. If you go to rob a bank pull a gun and demand money, but don't get any for whatever reason (someone chased you out etc) you are still charged and can be found guilty for a crime.

But we all know it worked as Trumps people knew the emails were going to be leaked (Stone confirmed it in June of 2016, well before the October surprise) and as soon as Trumps campaign was seemngly over (the admitted sexual assault) the card was pulled. Hours later the email dump began. Coincidence? No.

(08-07-2018, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: Sooner or later Trump supporters (secret or otherwise) will see the Hillary card they love to pull to distract from this significant moment in American history has gotten old to Americans.  

"but but but Hillary's emails". Should be on folks tombstone.

Trump supporters will indeed have to move on from the "Hillary is worse" card by the 2020 election.  Then again, when Trump is running against someone who isn't Hillary they can just say "INSERT DEMOCRAT HERE" is worse than Trump!  Regardless of who wins in 2020, I don't see why anyone thinks the mindset of "DEMOCRATS ARE AUTOMATICALLY WORSE" is going to lose steam.

I mean, sure, the democratic candidate in 2020 will likely be less awful than Hillary, but is that really going to matter? Isn't anyone who is a democrat automatically scum to these people?
(08-07-2018, 11:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump supporters will indeed have to move on from the "Hillary is worse" card by the 2020 election.  Then again, when Trump is running against someone who isn't Hillary they can just say "INSERT DEMOCRAT HERE" is worse than Trump!  Regardless of who wins in 2020, I don't see why anyone thinks the mindset of "DEMOCRATS ARE AUTOMATICALLY WORSE" is going to lose steam.

I mean, sure, the democratic candidate in 2020 will likely be less awful than Hillary, but is that really going to matter?  Isn't anyone who is a democrat automatically scum to these people?

It won't.  But it will show how people lied when they voted for Trump because "Clinton".  All those saying they could have voted democrat if it wasn't for her will be shown for their true colors when they find another reason to vote for Trump.  Without defending or supporting him, of course.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.