Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump supporters don't want to talk about Trump
Has anyone else noticed this?

It's primarily on line that I see it.  The friends that I have that are pro-trump/voted for him rarely say anything about him.  Not even good things.  There is the occasional meme (which half the time is easily proven false) but they don't even try to defend his words or actions...they just dont' say anything.

The few that have offered reasons for voting for him or continuing to support him generally fall under "Killary" and "pro-life" with the handful of people attempting to cite policy.  They almost all fall under "he does what he said he would do" but they can't say if that is good or bad.  I'ts just "good" because he said it.

They want to ignore his crazy tweets, but say it's good he tweets so he can get around the fake news.  When he lies (again) they just refuse to believe it.  It's cult like.

Facts don't matter.  Only want Trump says matters.  

They just won't repeat what he says in public.

It's weird.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-14-2018, 10:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: Has anyone else noticed this?

It's primarily on line that I see it.  The friends that I have that are pro-trump/voted for him rarely say anything about him.  Not even good things.  There is the occasional meme (which half the time is easily proven false) but they don't even try to defend his words or actions...they just dont' say anything.

The few that have offered reasons for voting for him or continuing to support him generally fall under "Killary" and "pro-life" with the handful of people attempting to cite policy.  They almost all fall under "he does what he said he would do" but they can't say if that is good or bad.  I'ts just "good" because he said it.

They want to ignore his crazy tweets, but say it's good he tweets so he can get around the fake news.  When he lies (again) they just refuse to believe it.  It's cult like.

Facts don't matter.  Only want Trump says matters.  

They just won't repeat what he says in public.

It's weird.

but you know

The empty can rattles the most.
I think the forum is more than proof enough as to why bother saying anything positive about Trump. I'm sure similar attempts of shaming are going on Nation wide.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-14-2018, 11:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the forum is more than proof enough as to why bother saying anything positive about Trump. I'm sure similar attempts of shaming are going on Nation wide.

I'm talking about conversations.  Exchanges of ideas and facts versus opinions.

I'm not sure who is being "shamed" around here?
(05-14-2018, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but you know

Not sure I am getting this response.
(05-14-2018, 11:56 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm talking about conversations.  Exchanges of ideas and facts versus opinions.

I'm not sure who is being "shamed" around here?

Me too and as I said this forum has shown that is impossible. Look no further than Lucie's NK thread:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-GET-THAT-NOBEL-PRIZE-READY-North-Korea-Bends-Releases-Three-American-Detainees

It took until post #3 for some dude to turn it into attempts at shaming instead of a discussion about the issue and by post #27 the administration was being called incompetent. There are countless other example. 

So if you really want to know why there is not more "Exchanges of ideas and facts versus opinions." Looking in the mirror would be a good start. Hell if I wre your "friend" on FB. I know damn well I'd never broach the subject

(05-14-2018, 10:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: but you know

Too true

(05-14-2018, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Me too and as I said this forum has shown that is impossible. Look no further than Lucie's NK thread:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-GET-THAT-NOBEL-PRIZE-READY-North-Korea-Bends-Releases-Three-American-Detainees

It took until post #3 for some dude to turn it into attempts at shaming instead of a discussion about the issue

OMG. You're still hurt about that?

As I explained: If I say everyone who believes something is dumb I am not calling everyone dumb.

To that exact point: I was very specific about who I was talking about: Anyone who believes A=B without the ability to look at other outside factors.

A direct response to the article.

Anyone who thinks I was talking about them...is on them.

(05-14-2018, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: and by post #27 the administration was being called incompetent. There are countless other example. 

And that's an opinion that is worth of discussion given the moves this administration has made, the number of people who have left/been fired in a record amount of time, etc.

Not sure why that can't be a discussion.

(05-14-2018, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So if you really want to know why there is not more "Exchanges of ideas and facts versus opinions." Looking in the mirror would be a good start. Hell if I wre your "friend" on FB. I know damn well I'd never broach the subject

Luckily my friends have a thicker skin and are willing to discuss individual topics without hurt feelings.

But your response just shows my general experience online is true: Trump fans don't want to talk about him at all. In some cases t seems it's because someone might disagree and they will feel "shame".

At least on this board there is some back and forth worth discussing.
Look why the hell would trump supporters care what you think... or try and change your mind..

They aren't out there trying to convert all the Hillary supporters to trump supports unlike the otherside.

If you don't understand the empty can remark it must be true.
(05-14-2018, 12:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: OMG.  You're still hurt about that?  

As I explained:  If I say everyone who believes something is dumb I am not calling everyone dumb.

To that exact point:  I was very specific about who I was talking about:  Anyone who believes A=B without the ability to look at other outside factors.

A direct response to the article.

Anyone who thinks I was talking about them...is on them.

And that's an opinion that is worth of discussion given the moves this administration has made, the number of people who have left/been fired in a record amount of time, etc.

Not sure why that can't be a discussion.

Luckily my friends have a thicker skin and are willing to discuss individual topics without hurt feelings.

But your response just shows my general experience online is true: Trump fans don't want to talk about him at all.  In some cases t seems it's because someone might disagree and they will feel "shame".

At least on this board there is some back and forth worth discussing.

Not hurt at all, just pointed out the blindingly obvious; and the fact that you think that reply was a direct response to the situation at hand and an attempt to further rational discussion further supports my assertion.

WTS, I'm done. You can look in the mirror and tell yourself you are not the main problem with why there cannot be rational discussion at any merits of the Trump administration. But anyone that have spent a day in the forum knows the truth, even if they won't admit it.

So I will leave you with the same answer I started with "why bother"

I don't really talk about national politics outside of this forum. I focus on state and local with people in my area because that is where we can affect the most change. So I haven't really noticed the phenomenon.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-14-2018, 12:26 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I don't really talk about national politics outside of this forum. I focus on state and local with people in my area because that is where we can affect the most change. So I haven't really noticed the phenomenon.

Well, I'll add that most people don't talk about state level in this area.  Some local though.
(05-14-2018, 12:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Well, I'll add that most people don't talk about state level in this area.  Some local though.

Well, most don't in my area, either. The people I talk politics and policy with, though, are the people that do talk about it. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-14-2018, 12:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not hurt at all, just pointed out the blindingly obvious; and the fact that you think that reply was a direct response to the situation at hand and an attempt to further rational discussion further supports my assertion.

WTS, I'm done. You can look in the mirror and tell yourself you are not the main problem with why there cannot be rational discussion at any merits of the Trump administration. But anyone that have spent a day in the forum knows the truth, even if they won't admit it.

So I will leave you with the same answer I started with "why bother"

I won't deny being combative.  I have never denied my dislike for Trump before, during and after the election.

I also don't take it personally when people disagree.  

But, as a last thought:

Quote:You can look in the mirror and tell yourself you are not the main problem with why there cannot be rational discussion at any merits of the Trump administration. But anyone that have spent a day in the forum knows the truth, even if they won't admit it.

That sounds like what I am being accused of though.
They support Trump as the leader of their tribe. He does not have to be nice or even honest. As long as he is the leader of their tribe they will support him.

I assume any party would do the same, it is just that in the past we never assumed anyone like Trump could ever get elected.
I don't know, maybe a lot of people don't dwell on it day in and day out. They don't feel the need to defend/criticize every action the president makes.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-14-2018, 03:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote:  They don't feel the need to defend/criticize every action the president makes.

I could understand if most of his comments were about policy, but they are not.  Most of his tweets are either personal insults of his opposition or lies about how great he is.  Those types of comments demand response.
(05-14-2018, 12:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Me too and as I said this forum has shown that is impossible. Look no further than Lucie's NK thread:

It took until post #3 for some dude to turn it into attempts at shaming instead of a discussion about the issue and by post #27 the administration was being called incompetent. There are countless other example. 

So if you really want to know why there is not more "Exchanges of ideas and facts versus opinions." Looking in the mirror would be a good start. Hell if I wre your "friend" on FB. I know damn well I'd never broach the subject

"Some dude", LOL. Smirk   You're killing it in this thread btw.

(05-14-2018, 03:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I could understand if most of his comments were about policy, but they are not.  Most of his tweets are either personal insults of his opposition or lies about how great he is.  Those types of comments demand response.

No, they really don't.  Trump is not a traditional POTUS, he's going to say ridiculous crap.  This is not new, he's been doing it for years, did it during the campaign and will continue to do it.  Very few people approve of it, but not pulling our hair out every time it happens appears to be evidence of tacit approval by some.  Constant consternation over something that won't change seems like a waste of energy and emotion to me.
(05-14-2018, 03:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know, maybe a lot of people don't dwell on it day in and day out.  They don't feel the need to defend/criticize every action the president makes.

I'm talking almost any action or statement.

For example he flat out lied about the raise "he" gave the military last week.  But his supporters didn't even say the raise was good let alone say the lie was bad.

Given he is "unusual" in his tweeting his thoughts everyday it would be hard to defend or comment on everything.  But it's almost silence.

At least what I see on line (minus trolls and spammers).
(05-14-2018, 03:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: No, they really don't.  Trump is not a traditional POTUS, he's going to say ridiculous crap.  This is not new, he's been doing it for years, did it during the campaign and will continue to do it.  Very few people approve of it, but not pulling our hair out every time it happens appears to be evidence of tacit approval by some.  Constant consternation over something that won't change seems like a waste of energy and emotion to me.

I agree with this sentiment as a non-supporter. I disagree with Trump on a lot. There are things Trump says or does that I will comment on regarding how they are harmful to policy efforts, domestic or foreign. I'm just not going so get outraged at everything he says. There is a reason I don't follow his personal social media account (I think I follow @POTUS, though). I don't hang onto everything he says or does because not all of it is a big deal. He is, IMHO, garbage. He is going to talk and act like garbage.

I know some people will say that the concern is a desensitization to his behavior, which I think is a valid point. We don't (or shouldn't) want his behavior to become the norm. But he acts the way he does because it gets him the attention he craves. If we keep giving him that attention, that will embolden other attention seeking blowhards to act similarly.