Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump: the noise from windmills causes cancer
(04-04-2019, 12:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Why didn't you stop bolding the quote before it was complete? 

Is he honestly asking a more informed person's opinion? Did he stop talking and/or wait for someone to inform him? Was there any real curiosity shown?

Or is Trump's "you tell me" just a matter of speech, like saying "some say" and then claiming "I never said that, I just repeated what some said".

I think I can safely assume that Trump did not try to inform himself, he tried to make a point and convince people that windmills are bad. I also find it absurd to interpret this any other way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-04-2019, 01:17 AM)hollodero Wrote: Is he honestly asking a more informed person's opinion? Did he stop talking and/or wait for someone to inform him? Was there any real curiosity shown?

Or is Trump's "you tell me" just a matter of speech, like saying "some say" and then claiming "I never said that, I just repeated what some said".

I think I can safely assume that Trump did not try to inform himself, he tried to make a point and convince people that windmills are bad. I also find it absurd to interpret this any other way.

Given that he was asking it at a fundraiser and not amongst scientists or doctors or wind mill enthusiasts, I think it's safe to say it wasn't a question.

Like when the fox guys used to say "is Obama a terrorist? I dunno, it's just a question." That's not a question, it's a statement 
(04-04-2019, 01:21 AM)Benton Wrote: Given that he was asking it at a fundraiser and not amongst scientists or doctors or wind mill enthusiasts, I think it's safe to say it wasn't a question.

Like when the fox guys used to say "is Obama a terrorist? I dunno, it's just a question." That's not a question, it's a statement 

I'd say it's a Trump typical example of thought- and mindless hyperbole that is totally irresponsible for an US president to use publicly.

Also - no matter any "you tell me" or "someone said" addendums - it's really something very, very stupid to say. 

As often, Trump's lies don't show so much that he's bad or untruthful as that he's just really not an intelligent nor an educated person. At all. I find it hard to find any mental gymnastics to get out of that observation. Also, that's all there is to this story for me, it's more than enough. I wouldn't even compare it to FOX news rhetorical dodges that sure are bad or untruthful at times, but at least have some more thought as "ah I blab whatever comes to my genius mind" behind them.
I'm speechless. I really am.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(04-04-2019, 02:15 AM)hollodero Wrote: I'd say it's a Trump typical example of thought- and mindless hyperbole that is totally irresponsible for an US president to use publicly.

Also - no matter any "you tell me" or "someone said" addendums - it's really something very, very stupid to say. 

As often, Trump's lies don't show so much that he's bad or untruthful as that he's just really not an intelligent nor an educated person. At all. I find it hard to find any mental gymnastics to get out of that observation. Also, that's all there is to this story for me, it's more than enough. I wouldn't even compare it to FOX news rhetorical dodges that sure are bad or untruthful at times, but at least have some more thought as "ah I blab whatever comes to my genius mind" behind them.

There is more to Trump's lies.

As he's done his entire public life some of his lies are just a tic he has to defend himself.  Everything he does is "beautiful" "big" "best ever" "never seen before" "only he" can do them.  That's just hyperbole when you own a (failing) business.  As POTUS they are a little worse but not fatal.  He can claim he has "done more" for group X than "anyone ever" and it can be proven or disproven and the voters have a chance to decide.

He also likes to repeat things he heard (FOX & Friends) as his own ideas.  That is more irritating personally.  It's like someone putting a post here and finding it out they ripped the quote from somewhere else and didn't give a citation.  

You can't disagree with it unless you know it's "oranges".  Ninja

All seriousness aside DJT will spread misinformation quickly simply because he heard it on the telly and, since it agrees with his personal POV, it must be true.  Then his defenders/followers lap it up before anyone can say that his favorite morning news program was "just asking" or stating an OPINION no facts.

Then he has "many people say" and "everyone is telling me" which can mean one person or he said it and no one told him he was wrong.

That's more what he did here.  Passing some "idea" off as something that LOTS of people are talking about.  And we can see in this thread that his defenders will jump up and down and say he DIDN'T say a dumb/wrong thing he said OTHER people say it...even when Trump is passing it on without criticizing it.  And as I said I cannot find anyone who said that.  Not even the crazy conspiracy sites. It will NOT surprise me if he tweets within 24 hours that he "never said he believed that" when he said it, because now he is being made fun of for saying something dumb.

Trump is exactly who he was before he was elected.  Only now we have a great swath of voters defending him because they can't admit they got swindled by a conman so they have convinced themselves he's not as bad as the reality shows.

IMHO.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(04-04-2019, 08:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm speechless. I really am.

I heard that is a symptom of hearing cancer. Have you been around any windmills lately?
Trump just hates windmills because they built some near his golf course in Scotland.
(04-04-2019, 09:49 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Trump just hates windmills because they built some near his golf course in Scotland.

That is correct.  Plus he probably doesn't understand, or take the time to learn about, them.

And that's also why he led with the mention of property values.  All he "knows" is real estate.  He only thinks in terms of dollars made and lost.  Period.  And most of that is informed by what he "believes" not necessarily what is real.
(04-04-2019, 08:30 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm speechless. I really am.

We're obviously getting trolled at this point.  Like trying to 'trigger' people or something?  Hell of a long con for such little reward, maybe he's giggling about it with internet buddies or something?  Not sure on the payoff to such ridiculous statements, but there is no chance this individual believes what they claim.  Sad really.
(04-04-2019, 01:17 AM)hollodero Wrote: Is he honestly asking a more informed person's opinion? Did he stop talking and/or wait for someone to inform him? Was there any real curiosity shown?

(04-04-2019, 10:29 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: We're obviously getting trolled at this point.  Like trying to 'trigger' people or something?  Hell of a long con for such little reward, maybe he's giggling about it with internet buddies or something?  Not sure on the payoff to such ridiculous statements, but there is no chance this individual believes what they claim.  Sad really.

And that's the weird hodge podge of Trump supporters. If he says 'And they say [windmill noise] causes cancer' you get three groups. 

Group 1- says 'LOL, he's just trying to trigger you, bro, nobody is that dumb.' 
Group 2- says 'That's not what he said, nobody is that dumb.'
Group 3- says 'LOL, he's just trying to trigger you; besides that's not what he said.'

Meanwhile, none of them are really focusing on the fact that ... whether he meant it or not... he said it, and he's in the background shouting 'No, I really did say that. And I meant it.'
(04-04-2019, 11:41 AM)Benton Wrote: And that's the weird hodge podge of Trump supporters. If he says 'And they say [windmill noise] causes cancer' you get three groups. 

Group 1- says 'LOL, he's just trying to trigger you, bro, nobody is that dumb.' 
Group 2- says 'That's not what he said, nobody is that dumb.'
Group 3- says 'LOL, he's just trying to trigger you; besides that's not what he said.'

Meanwhile, none of them are really focusing on the fact that ... whether he meant it or not... he said it, and he's in the background shouting 'No, I really did say that. And I meant it.'

Ha.  I was actually referring to a sub of Group 2.  

Group 2.D - 'That's not what he said, and it's unamerican of you to disseminate it as such'  

Meanwhile Group 2.D members know damn well that's exactly what he said, because they are overachieving semi-literates.  They just get their kicks flat out lying and seeing people reactions.
"Interesting" that they don't want us to believe "sources" from reports, but want us to believe "and they say".

You just can't make this stuff up.

It's all a sad state of affairs if you ask me. We need to help pull our fellow Americans (even if they've long turned on the country) up. They are in a pickle and even though they willfully follow, they don't deserve to be conned by Trump or anyone.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Man I can't wait to hear Huckabee respond to this one in a few months. I hope she says god told him so we can take this to the next level.
(04-04-2019, 12:06 PM)jj22 Wrote: "Interesting" that they don't want us to believe "sources" from reports, but want us to believe "and they say".

You just can't make this stuff up.

It's all a sad state of affairs if you ask me. We need to help pull our fellow Americans (even if they've long turned on the country) up. They are in a pickle and even though they willfully follow, they don't deserve to be conned by Trump or anyone.

"They say"

I still haven't seen WHO said it.  Anyone publicly.

If there was AT LEAST that I'd still think he's an idiot but they argument that "he didn't say it he said OTHER people say it" would have an iota of worth.
"Volcano Fishstick Leper windmill's cause cancer.  I don't know.  You tell me."

He didn't say that!  Why did you only bold the last part!

Because he's often just talking in order to catch up with his empty thoughts.  Meaningless drivel.  Doesn't matter.  

Putting literal morons on a pedestal...  Talk about embarassing.  How do these people feed themselves?  It surprises me they've learned to take the food from the plate and put it in their mouth.
(04-04-2019, 12:33 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: "Volcano Fishstick Leper windmill's cause cancer.  I don't know.  You tell me."

He didn't say that!  Why did you only bold the last part!

Because he's often just talking in order to catch up with his empty thoughts.  Meaningless drivel.  Doesn't matter.  

Putting literal morons on a pedestal...  Talk about embarassing.  How do these people feed themselves?  It surprises me they've learned to take the food from the plate and put it in their mouth.

There is an art to the adlib.  There is skill behind improv.

Trump understands neither.

But he THINKS he's the best and the smartest so he doesn't know they are laughing AT him, not with him.
We are at a point in this forum with not agreeing with a lie is trolling.

Not one person here can tell me Trump said Windmill noise causes cancer and do so honestly.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(04-04-2019, 01:21 AM)Benton Wrote: Given that he was asking it at a fundraiser and not amongst scientists or doctors or wind mill enthusiasts, I think it's safe to say it wasn't a question.

Are you a scientist or Doctor?

Can you answer if Windmill noise causes cancer?

(04-04-2019, 01:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you a scientist or Doctor?

Can you answer if Windmill noise causes cancer?

Find one that does.

Find ANYONE (other than your boy Don) that does.
(04-04-2019, 01:26 PM)GMDino Wrote: Find one that does.

Find ANYONE (other than your boy Don) that does.

I was simply asking Benton as he suggested it was not a question that could be answered by folks other than Doctors or Scientists.

Can you answer the question?