Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tua out for Thursday?
Some quotes from Dolphins beat guys/coaches...

#Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel is optimistic on Tua Tagovailoa (back, ankle): "He's literally going to do everything he can and in his power [to play Thursday vs. Bengals].. I know if he doesn't play, it was not possible. We're taking measures accordingly with Teddy beyond that."

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel on Tua Tagovailoa:

"It's a tricky scenario. ... If this were an actual real practice in a normal week, Tua would be limited and he would be questionable for the game."

I really think Tua may not end up playing Thursday...and if he does play no way he is 100%
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Some quotes from Dolphins beat guys/coaches...

#Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel is optimistic on Tua Tagovailoa (back, ankle): "He's literally going to do everything he can and in his power [to play Thursday vs. Bengals].. I know if he doesn't play, it was not possible. We're taking measures accordingly with Teddy beyond that."

Dolphins HC Mike McDaniel on Tua Tagovailoa:

"It's a tricky scenario. ... If this were an actual real practice in a normal week, Tua would be limited and he would be questionable for the game."

I really think Tua may not end up playing Thursday...and if he does play no way he is 100%

Unfortunately for Cinci., they have a very very capable backup who has won and started alot of games in this league. I wish Teddy B. was the Bengals backup.
Reply/Quote
Even if he plays, one good hit on him and he's done. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, beating backup QB's does not seem to be the Bengals thing.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:40 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Even if he plays, one good hit on him and he's done. Not sure if that's a good thing or not, beating backup QB's does not seem to be the Bengals thing.

Yeah - and Tua doesn't scare me. His stats are inflated based on one game this year. Other than that, hes looked pedestrian. Bring his little ass on. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah - and Tua doesn't scare me. His stats are inflated based on one game this year. Other than that, hes looked pedestrian. Bring his little ass on. 

Yep. 6 of his 8 TDs on the year came in 1 game. He also threw for over half of his 925 yards came in 1 game.  To be fair, it's not that he's played poorly in the other games (he's only thrown 2 INTs this year and they also came from that same game he threw for 6 TDs). But, last season he only had 16 TDs and 10 INTs (in 13 games played) and ended the season with a 90.1 rating. 

So even if he's improved this season (which so far suggests he has), he's not (yet) in the tier of QBs that we need to be overly concerned with, especially if he's not at 100%.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I rather Tua play than not.... over the back up QB curse.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I hope the best for Tua regardless. Dude has been through some injuries. I hope he paid attention to his classes in school; cause I'm not betting on a long NFL Career
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:38 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Unfortunately for Cinci., they have a very very capable backup who has won and started alot of games in this league. I wish Teddy B. was the Bengals backup.

I'm pretty sure he was terrible when he played against the Bengals in Denver last year.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 03:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I hope the best for Tua regardless. Dude has been through some injuries. I hope he paid attention to his classes in school; cause I'm not betting on a long NFL Career

I'm sure he's banked enough out of this contract to live comfortably for the rest of his life.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm preyty sure he was terrible when he played against the Bengals in Denver last year.

I'm pretty sure one game doesn't make a player's career. Go look at his career stats, etc. and report back and tell me you'd rather have our current backup QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: So even if he's improved this season (which so far suggests he has), he's not (yet) in the tier of QBs that we need to be overly concerned with

Yes but neither were Trubiski or Cooper Rush
We are 0-2 there. Lol

Sorry. Those losses still piss me off. We need to get our act together.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:35 PM)higgy100 Wrote: I'm pretty sure one game doesn't make a player's career. Go look at his career stats, etc. and report back and tell me you'd rather have our current backup QB.

I'd probably take him as a backup, but I'd certainly prefer the Bengals face him over Tua.

Reply/Quote
At least if they play Teddy, they know him. It’s the backups who never played before or rarely play that kill us.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 04:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm pretty sure he was terrible when he played against the Bengals in Denver last year.

Yeah. He's not the 'unknown' QB that seems to give them troubles. He's been around with lots of film.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter who Miami puts on the field. This will be a tough game to win even here at home.
Reply/Quote
I'm always intrigued by the risk/reward ratio of situations like this. If he plays and gets knocked out again (Tua was never Cal Ripken to begin with), the Dolphins'll take a lot of abuse for it. To say nothing of the potential liability and legal ramifications down the road. Can they afford to take that gamble? Given how the footage went viral, it would seem so blatantly wrong to the casual observer. All the momentum they've generated to date would go up in smoke, whereas if he sat out a week or two the optics would be a lot less damaging to the team, if not Tua himself.

If I were them I'd just play Teddy and stop messing around like this. Because they won't win anyway. Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 02:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yeah - and Tua doesn't scare me. His stats are inflated based on one game this year. Other than that, hes looked pedestrian. Bring his little ass on. 

He had a higher qb rating every game  than Burrow and has better stats in the non mo ster game than Joe. He has improved and is a big play threat now 
Reply/Quote
There isn’t anything wrong him. They are just playing this charade out because they know they hid the fact he had a concussion. This is all a distraction…IMHO
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 06:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had a higher qb rating every game  than Burrow and has better stats in the non mo ster game than Joe. He has improved and is a big play threat now 

How many voodoo dolls do you have of Burrow in your house?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2022, 06:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He had a higher qb rating every game  than Burrow and has better stats in the non mo ster game than Joe. He has improved and is a big play threat now 

FFS give it a rest already.

Reply/Quote