Poll: Who is the first weekly turd of the day?
Dalton
Ogbuehi
Bodine
Zietler
Shawn Williams
Iloka
Pacman
Kirkpatrick
Dansby
Guenther
Nugent
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turd of the day
(10-30-2016, 03:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 64.3% Completion
284 Yards
6.8 YPA
1 TD/1 INT
81.8 QB Rating
4 Rushes/21 Yards
1 Rushing TD/1 Fumble

Dalton wasn't good by any means, but lets not pretend he was a dumpster fire. There are plenty of points in the game where Dalton at least made some good plays even if overall he was off.

Meanwhile Nugent was 0-1 on FG, and 3-4 on PAT. Even the made PATs were mostly scary.

Dalton was bad today compared to us holding him to a 100+ QB Rating/0 Turnovers standard. Nugent was bad today compared to us holding him to a bad kicker standard.

Best post in the thread. Dalton had an off game by his recent standards. Couple turnovers and was off target on a couple deep throws. Here's the thing though....It's unrealistic to expect perfection from any QB 100% of the time.

Look at the candidates in the OP's list. We have:

1. A defense that allowed 450 pass yards and 27 (should've been 30+) points
2. A kicker who missed a FG and an extra point in a close game
3. A QB who had a couple TO's and some missed throws, but led the offense to 27 points, 284 yards passing and a couple scores of his own.

If  you're picking #3, you have an agenda. Yes, it was an off-day, no he wasn't awful, and yes there were bigger goats today. The offense Dalton led was good enough to get the W today. We're going to lose most weeks with a similar performance from the defense.

Think about it like this: Dalton was WAY better than McCarron was in the playoffs, yet the same folks touting Mac as a hero are calling Dalton the turd of the day. What's the big difference between today's game and the playoff game? Answer: defense.

We should be able to overcome a couple turnovers, and we would've if the defense would've been even "ok" and Nugent did his job.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Carlos Dunlap made Morgan Moses look like Willie Anderson out there. But I don't think there can be much debate when they line up in order of who lost this game for us.

Andy Dalton was off target all day and had 2 costly turnovers that lost us easily 6 points, held onto the ball and took sacks at the absolute wrong time, and if Josh Norman could catch he would have had about 2-3 INTs this game.

Andy has been our bright spot all year, but today he has to take the blame for this one.

When judging a QB it's all about QB stats. This is the Jungle right? 
In passing, Andy was 27/42 for 284 YDs, with 1TD, 1 FUM, 1 INT and a PRTG of 81.8. Not great, but not too shabby either. Btw, that fumble wasn't entirely his fault. So what's the problem? It's just another big game lost.
Reply/Quote
I voted Guenther. The D was like a sieve.

Ol' Kirky boy had waaay too much time back there and was able to throw into soft coverage.

You could smell that stank from across the pond.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just to put things into perspective, there are 2 games that I know of for sure, and maybe more that Aaron Rodgers played terrible in the last 2 years!

Do you watch every Green Bay game? Im not sure what you're trying to say here. Rodgers hasnt looked elite this season btw. 

Oh and if youre saying that Dalton played terrible today you'd be wrong. Did he play great? No. But not terrible either. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Best post in the thread. Dalton had an off game by his recent standards. Couple turnovers and was off target on a couple deep throws. Here's the thing though....It's unrealistic to expect perfection from any QB 100% of the time.

Look at the candidates in the OP's list. We have:

1. A defense that allowed 450 pass yards and 27 (should've been 30+) points
2. A kicker who missed a FG and an extra point in a close game
3. A QB who had a couple TO's and some missed throws, but led the offense to 27 points, 284 yards passing and a couple scores of his own.

If  you're picking #3, you have an agenda. Yes, it was an off-day, no he wasn't awful, and yes there were bigger goats today. The offense Dalton led was good enough to get the W today. We're going to lose most weeks with a similar performance from the defense.

Think about it like this: Dalton was WAY better than McCarron was in the playoffs, yet the same folks touting Mac as a hero are calling Dalton the turd of the day. What's the big difference between today's game and the playoff game? Answer: defense.

We should be able to overcome a couple turnovers, and we would've if the defense would've been even "ok" and Nugent did his job.
Thank goodness for QB stats, it's not enough to simply watch the game.
Reply/Quote
Dalton played like straight trash but I went with Nuge dude has blowed all year and actually was considered a good kicker once upon a time but those days are over. Dalton was never considered good so this is par for his play... Those 2 misses to AJ when he burnt Norman on go routes were straight disgusting... A NFL calliber QB should never miss 2 of them like that... Just straight garbage alot of his throws today... Should of been benched..
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:51 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Thank goodness for QB stats, it's not enough to simply watch the game.

Thank goodness stats are generally a good indicator of how a player actually performed in the games we watch. Otherwise we'd be stuck with biased opinions and no evidence. Then again, no one in JN is biased, amirite?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 02:56 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: While listening to several people in the gameday thread call people turds I decided to make a new weekly "Turd of the day" thread, much like the gameball thread. This week there are MANY in contention for this shitty award. The whole secondary and right side of the line are included.

Also on the ballot are:

Dansby (continues to show his age)
Dalton (with his worst game in quite some time)
Guenther (the whole defense was pathetic)
Nuge (missed a 51 yarder and it wasn't even close, missed XP)

I don't think certain players on here necessarily should be but included as many poor performers as I could think of. I also included an other option for write ins
IMO it would be easier to list the players and coaches NOT on the list. Cry
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:55 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: Dalton played like straight trash but I went with Nuge dude has blowed all year and actually was considered a good kicker once upon a time but those days are over. Dalton was never considered good so this is par for his play... Those 2 misses to AJ when he burnt Norman on go routes were straight disgusting... A NFL calliber QB should never miss 2 of them like that... Just straight garbage alot of his throws today... Should of been benched..

Hilarious  I will use the famous Aaron Rodgers quote that he used, in the 3 games that I know of and remember in the last year and a half, when he pooped his pants and looked like dog crap on the field ..............  RELAX!!
Reply/Quote
I know everyone wants to blame Andy for this tie in overtime because of his fumble. However, the team would not have been in that position had Mike Nugent made an extra point and a 51 yard field goal. That is 4 points in regulation that he cost us. He has got to go because I am sick of the excuses for him. He has no leg strength and he is no longer accurate. He cost the team this game and there is a great chance he will cost them again this season. I hope the team looks at other kickers during the bye week but I am sure Marvin will not because Nugent is his boy. I would also put the defense and Paul Guenther on this list because I am sick of watching him chew bubble gum and folding his arms on the sidelines like he has no clue with Marvin. I have said this and I will continue to say this, the front office messed up when they let Zim walk and kept Guenther instead. He was good at coaching lbs but that was it. He is a horrible DC. I still have a small glimmer of hope that they can turn it around and make a run for the playoffs but I am not sure now because the defense is absolutely horrible and there is no excuse for that. I hope after the season ends that there is a house cleaning in the locker room and the coaching staff because there needs to be a shakeup if this team is ever going to move forward.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:48 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just to put things into perspective, there are 2 games that I know of for sure, and maybe more that Aaron Rodgers played terrible in the last 2 years!

(10-30-2016, 05:45 PM)MentalRage Wrote: Do you watch every Green Bay game? Im not sure what you're trying to say here. Rodgers hasnt looked elite this season btw. 

Oh and if youre saying that Dalton played terrible today you'd be wrong. Did he play great? No. But not terrible either. 

Yeah, Rodgers has been pretty poor for the majority of the last year and a half.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:57 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: No, leave Andy alone! The consensus around here is that he's a turd that can be polished. He just needs more quality players around him on offense and a good defense backing him up.  Sad

Even with the down game today, Dalton's season is...

67.0% Completion
294 YPG
8.2 YPA
3:1 TD/INT Ratio
98.0 QB Rating

Dalton is currently 14th all time in career QB Rating and has been significantly better the last two years.

They'll never be a team that throws for 40+ TDs a season, because Marvin won't ever let that happen with his love of prevent O & D, but outside of that, not sure what more you want from a QB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The whole defense was the turd of the day, but AD can't fumble the ball with a position to win the game at the end winners just don't do that, 0-5 in the playoff QB's do that! There were also a number of under thrown balls that could of been big plays or touchdowns today that AD left out there.

Nugent is an easy target also, although the 51 yarder is a tall order for him and his weak leg so I don't really put much on him for that, but the missed PAT is ridiculous and he has been flirting with missing them all season. 

I seriously feel had he made the PAT they would of lost in regulation because when Washington was driving at the end they would of been down 24-28 and had to go for a touchdown, I feel they would of easily got a first down, scored, and then been up 31-28 and Game over.

There is so much wrong with this team with way too much talent for it to be happening. The coaching is horrid, player discipline is horrid, some of the better players are underperforming, team management is horrid, and the team has made the wrong personnel decisions in recent years!!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:36 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: When judging a QB it's all about QB stats. This is the Jungle right? 
In passing, Andy was 27/42 for 284 YDs, with 1TD, 1 FUM, 1 INT and a PRTG of 81.8. Not great, but not too shabby either. Btw, that fumble wasn't entirely his fault. So what's the problem? It's just another big game lost.

We have lost 4 games this year and not one time have I or the board (in general) placed the blame on Andy. We have won 3 games and each time Andy has received universal praise. Yet we you point to this game and the terrible game Andy had, you have an agenda if you want to say he is the most to blame for the loss. I wish folks could just call it as they see it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: Andy stunk it up today. He wanted to remind us no matter how great he's been playing this past year and a half that the Dalton of past can come out at anytime....and will when you least expect it.

Nugent always stinks it up. I was shocked at Andy's performance, but honestly do think he'll rebound in a big way next game.

The next game is a Primetime, Monday night game in New York against the Giants... Historically speaking, it's not an environment Dalton plays well in.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 07:14 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: The next game is a Primetime, Monday night game in New York against the Giants... Historically speaking, it's not an environment Dalton plays well in.

. . . and coming off a bye week :giggle: !!!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 64.3% Completion
284 Yards
6.8 YPA
1 TD/1 INT
81.8 QB Rating
4 Rushes/21 Yards
1 Rushing TD/1 Fumble

Dalton wasn't good by any means, but lets not pretend he was a dumpster fire. There are plenty of points in the game where Dalton at least made some good plays even if overall he was off.

Meanwhile Nugent was 0-1 on FG, and 3-4 on PAT. Even the made PATs were mostly scary.

Dalton was bad today compared to us holding him to a 100+ QB Rating/0 Turnovers standard. Nugent was bad today compared to us holding him to a bad kicker standard.

This.  Dalton was not great, but he did not lose the game either.  Nugent has one job, one job that he does poorly on a regular basis.  If they do not even bring in competition during the bye, then I am at a loss for words.

The defense.  This defense is a shell of its former self.  Many of the guys look old, slow, out of place, or all three a great deal of the time.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:55 PM)ANTHONY Wrote: Dalton played like straight trash but I went with Nuge dude has blowed all year and actually was considered a good kicker once upon a time but those days are over. Dalton was never considered good so this is par for his play... Those 2 misses to AJ when he burnt Norman on go routes were straight disgusting... A NFL calliber QB should never miss 2 of them like that... Just straight garbage alot of his throws today... Should of been benched..

I'm sure the guy with AJ McCarron in his signature has no agenda when he starts bashing Dalton  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Thank goodness stats are generally a good indicator of how a player actually performed in the games we watch. Otherwise we'd be stuck with biased opinions and no evidence. Then again, no one in JN is biased, amirite?

Sure, QB stats are a good thing. The problem we have around here is too many biased fans telling us what the value of said stats. IMO stats alone cannot reveal the value or ineptness of a player. For example, looking at Andys stats can't tell you how many wide open WRs he missed. You have to watch the game. 
I don't put this lost on Andy. And believe it or not I think Andy could win a SB, but no with this team. This team can win a SB, but not with Andy.
Reply/Quote
Too many turds and not enough plungers today at Wembley
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote