Poll: Who is the first weekly turd of the day?
Dalton
Ogbuehi
Bodine
Zietler
Shawn Williams
Iloka
Pacman
Kirkpatrick
Dansby
Guenther
Nugent
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turd of the day
(10-30-2016, 08:16 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Sure, QB stats are a good thing. The problem we have around here is too many biased fans telling us the defining the value of said stats. IMO stats alone cannot reveal the value or ineptness of a player. For example, looking at Andys stats can't tell you how many wide open WRs he missed. You have to watch the game. 
I don't put this lost on Andy. And believe it or not I think Andy could win a SB, but no with this team. This team can win a SB, but not with Andy.

Sure, but missing a few doesn't = he was awful. He was a mixed bag today (bad by his standards), and I think the stats reflect that. Not saying to look at stats alone, I'm just saying that the stats aren't deceiving 9/10 times, and they weren't deceiving today.

If Dalton were garbage time stat padding ala Blake Bortles, I may agree with you. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
my vote goes to Peko, fatty is such a liability on the D line, it's not funny.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 08:16 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Sure, QB stats are a good thing. The problem we have around here is too many biased fans telling us the defining the value of said stats. IMO stats alone cannot reveal the value or ineptness of a player. For example, looking at Andys stats can't tell you how many wide open WRs he missed. You have to watch the game. 
I don't put this lost on Andy. And believe it or not I think Andy could win a SB, but no with this team. This team can win a SB, but not with Andy.

"This team" has yet to win a single game against an opponent with a winning record, much less win a SB. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Is it bad I first thought this was a thread about the Browns? Anyway, my ToTD is Dennard. That was a peewee football screwup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 05:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Best post in the thread. Dalton had an off game by his recent standards. Couple turnovers and was off target on a couple deep throws. Here's the thing though....It's unrealistic to expect perfection from any QB 100% of the time.

Look at the candidates in the OP's list. We have:

1. A defense that allowed 450 pass yards and 27 (should've been 30+) points
2. A kicker who missed a FG and an extra point in a close game
3. A QB who had a couple TO's and some missed throws, but led the offense to 27 points, 284 yards passing and a couple scores of his own.

If  you're picking #3, you have an agenda. Yes, it was an off-day, no he wasn't awful, and yes there were bigger goats today. The offense Dalton led was good enough to get the W today. We're going to lose most weeks with a similar performance from the defense.

Think about it like this: Dalton was WAY better than McCarron was in the playoffs, yet the same folks touting Mac as a hero are calling Dalton the turd of the day. What's the big difference between today's game and the playoff game? Answer: defense.

We should be able to overcome a couple turnovers, and we would've if the defense would've been even "ok" and Nugent did his job.
ABSOTOOTLY CORRECT! We have a winner, folks. THANK YOU ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
It was a debacle with plenty of blame to go around.

Secondary was atrocious and there is no excuse that can be made for them.

But we all knew Nugent was going to lose a game for us eventually and it came to fruition today.

XP's have got to be made !

The bad part is we are only half way and suspect he may cost Bengals again. It is too late to replace him this season though so just got to hope he gets it together.

Think he should have been duct taped to the goal post until team plane left and forced to pay his own way home.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 09:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: It was a debacle with plenty of blame to go around.

Secondary was atrocious and there is no excuse that can be made for them.

But we all knew Nugent was going to lose a game for us eventually and it came to fruition today.

XP's have got to be made !

The bad part is we are only half way and suspect he may cost Bengals again. It is too late to replace him this season though so just got to hope he gets it together.

Think he should have been duct taped to the goal post until team plane left and forced to pay his own way home.

Could've replaced Nugent with Gould a couple weeks ago, but that ship has sailed. Not sure who is left at this point.If this team doesn't bring in a new kicker in 2017, it'd be inexcusable.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I voted other

The powder puff defense gets my vote. 450 yards passing by Cousins ! Just WOW

An old lady in a wheel chair could take it to the house on them.

But yes Nugent sucks to
Reply/Quote
Lots of hate on the D, but in OT one side of the team did their job.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 08:16 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Sure, QB stats are a good thing. The problem we have around here is too many biased fans telling us what the value of said stats. IMO stats alone cannot reveal the value or ineptness of a player. For example, looking at Andys stats can't tell you how many wide open WRs he missed. You have to watch the game. 

Not with Marvin.

Reply/Quote
Nugent was horrible today. Hands down this loss is on his ass! He knows and said it as well. Although I appreciate his honesty and his "MAN-UP'ness), We should make a change as soon as possible,

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2016/10/30/13473092/mike-nugent-on-bengals-tie-today-is-on-the-kicker-nfl-week-8-2016

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not with Marvin.

No mystery about this
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of hate on the D, but in OT one side of the team did their job.

Well they did let Washington get into close FG range in OT...also there's the 1st 4 quarters....
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:08 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Well they did let Washington get into close FG range in OT...also there's the 1st 4 quarters....

Not sure what this has to do with what half of the team failed to do their job in OT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lots of hate on the D, but in OT one side of the team did their job.

Lots of hate on Dalton, but for 4 quarters, one side of the team did their job.
Reply/Quote
The turd for today is: Us

The team deserved the tie, we shouldn't be happy but the sky isn't falling like the tone here implies. Reality is that xpts are now somewhat misable and Washington basically missed a similar kick that would have put Cincy at 3-5. The other kick was from 51, it happens. There are a handful of guys you could put on a short list that maybe Mike leads but its not like the lines played well and he missed two easy kicks. Don't let the other guys off the hook, including us as fans that have been waiting to pin it on the kicker.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what this has to do with what half of the team failed to do their job in OT

I wouldn't say letting the opponent attempt a 30ish yard FG to win is doing their job. Kick didn't go in but that was Washington's ineptness not our defenses play. 
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 11:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure what this has to do with what half of the team failed to do their job in OT

This defense gave up a Cleveland-esque 500 yards of offense.  If that's doing their job they need to find another job.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 10:47 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Not with Marvin.

You may be right! But before letting go of ML, I first would like to see MB abandon the idea of having an offensive led team. Let's build a defensive lead team like the one ML was DC in Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote

Yeah, giving up 546 yards and allowing them to get into FG range to win it was a pretty solid effort.  
Reply/Quote