Poll: Who is the first weekly turd of the day?
Dalton
Ogbuehi
Bodine
Zietler
Shawn Williams
Iloka
Pacman
Kirkpatrick
Dansby
Guenther
Nugent
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turd of the day
(10-30-2016, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have lost 4 games this year and not one time have I or the board (in general) placed the blame on Andy. We have won 3 games and each time Andy has received universal praise. Yet we you point to this game and the terrible game Andy had, you have an agenda if you want to say he is the most to blame for the loss. I wish folks could just call it as they see it.
My agenda? Lol...If I had one it would be making this place a more honest, open to new ideas kind of message board.

Look, it's not about just the 4 loses of this year. For the past 5 or 6 years this team has been considered by a lot fans in and out of Cincinnati to be an up and coming team. With one concern.....our QB. Interesting enough, those concerns were always hotly contested by members of this board claiming media bias /conspiracy against the City of Cincinnati and etc.

Fast forward to today. It's clear to many sports fans in and out of Cincinnati that this team is heading in a downward spiral and all options should be looked at including the QB position. 

Not surprisingly those opinions are rejected by the majority of this board. The consensus here (supposedly based on QB stats) seem to favor doubling down on what's already been done before.
The following is this boards reasoning as I see it: "We've already placed better players around our QB, but let's do it again. We've had a good defensive team with Andy, let's get another one. But to justify it all, we have to do something new so let's fire ML!"   
That's just short of saying "let's $@&& can the whole team because we've got Andy". 

If that's not "player bias" or "player favorite", what is? And BTW, I see nothing wrong with having player favorites, but don't piss on each others shoes and claim it's raining. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 12:45 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: My agenda? Lol...If I had one it would be making this place a more honest, open to new ideas kind of message board.

Look, for the past 5 or 6 years this team has been considered by a lot fans in and out of Cincinnati to be an up and coming team. With one concern.....our QB. Interesting enough, those concerns were always hotly contested by members of this board claiming media bias /conspiracy against the City of Cincinnati and etc.

Fast forward to today. It's clear to many sports fans in and out of Cincinnati that this team is heading in a downward spiral and all options should be looked at including the QB position. 

Not surprisingly those opinions are rejected by the majority of this board. The consensus here (supposedly based on QB stats) seem to favor doubling down on what's already been done before.
The following is this boards reasoning as I see it: "We've already placed better players around our QB, but let's do it again. We've had a good defensive team with Andy, let's get another one. But to justify it all, we have to do something new...let's fire ML!"   
That's just short of saying "let's $@&& can the whole team because we've got Andy". 

If that's not "player bias" or "player favorite", what is? And BTW, I see nothing wrong with having player favorites, but don't piss on each others shoes and claim it's raining. 

What does any of that have to do with how anyone performed against the Washington Redskins on 10/30/2016?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 12:06 AM)tlotharw Wrote: This defense gave up a Cleveland-esque 500 yards of offense.  If that's doing their job they need to find another job.

No doubt they should have given up less than 0 in OT. The 4 quarters prior has nothing to do with which side of the ball did their job in OT.

If I had to point to one person that is most responsible for us not winning today it would be Andy and that;s just my opinion; apparently we have a player on this team called Defense that a lot are point to.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What does any of that have to do with how anyone performed against the Washington Redskins on 10/30/2016?

Nothing! But you insinuated that I had an agenda. Remember?
I went on to explain if had an agenda, what that agenda would be and why.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:40 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Nothing! But you insinuated that I had an agenda. [b]Remember?[b]
I went on to explain if had an agenda, what that agenda would be and why.

I do not; could you point it out? I did see where it was posted that if anyone blamed Andy for the loss then they had an agenda. Do you need me to show it to you

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:49 PM)Ibfine32 Wrote: I do not; could you point it out? I did see where it was posted that if anyone blamed Andy for the loss then they had an agenda. Do you need me to show it to you

(10-30-2016, 07:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have lost 4 games this year and not one time have I or the board (in general) placed the blame on Andy. We have won 3 games and each time Andy has received universal praise. Yet we you point to this game and the terrible game Andy had, you have an agenda if you want to say he is the most to blame for the loss. I wish folks could just call it as they see it.
My agenda? Lol...If I had one it would be making this place a more honest, open to new ideas kind of message board.

Look, it's not about just the 4 loses of this year. For the past 5 or 6 years this team has been considered by a lot fans in and out of Cincinnati to be an up and coming team. With one concern.....our QB. Interesting enough, those concerns were always hotly contested by members of this board claiming media bias /conspiracy against the City of Cincinnati and etc.

Fast forward to today. It's clear to many sports fans in and out of Cincinnati that this team is heading in a downward spiral and all options should be looked at including the QB position. 

Not surprisingly those opinions are rejected by the majority of this board. The consensus here (supposedly based on QB stats) seem to favor doubling down on what's already been done before.
The following is this boards reasoning as I see it: "We've already placed better players around our QB, but let's do it again. We've had a good defensive team with Andy, let's get another one. But to justify it all, we have to do something new so let's fire ML!"   
That's just short of saying "let's $@&& can the whole team because we've got Andy". 

If that's not "player bias" or "player favorite", what is? And BTW, I see nothing wrong with having player favorites, but don't piss on each others shoes and claim it's raining. 
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 01:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do not; could you point it out? I did see where it was posted that if anyone blamed Andy for the loss then they had an agenda. Do you need me to show it to you

I saw what you did... but as you can see, I was still able to get your post insinuating I had an agenda.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 02:15 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: I saw what you did... but as you can see, I was still able to get your post insinuating I had an agenda.

I must admit you have lost me, but OK.

Reply/Quote
Tongue 
Daltons worst game
Andy Dalton 27/42 284 1
Brady hasnt played a full year we all know but that terrible Dalton leads the AFC in Passing
1 Andy Dalton CIN QB 193 288 67.0 36.0 2,349 8.2 293.6 9 3
passer rating 98.0
Pretty good for a turd Tongue
Reply/Quote
Andy had a lack luster game for sure but he did not sink the ship.

This defense is a problem and it becomes more clear after every game.

Obv the biggest turd is Nugent.
But this team is getting gashed by everyone. I think our offense will continue to improve and keep us in or win us games this year but this D has to step up more
consistently as you cant count on the O every week to play a perfect game.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Never woulda went into OT if Nugent makes a PAT.

Like blaming the playoff loss on Burfict even though all Hill had to do was hold onto the ball and they win.

Lotta turds to choose from, though. Dalton wasn't good, but he wasn't Nugent. Guenther gets an honorary mention for how poor the defense tackled and how much cushion they gave.

You know how Fresno rolls.....dude's been wringing his hands and salivating for a bad game from 14 since 2014. LOL

I vote Nugent.  People said Nugent would cost us a game or two this season......well?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 04:05 PM)GodFather Wrote: Andy stunk it up today. He wanted to remind us no matter how great he's been playing this past year and a half that the Dalton of past can come out at anytime....and will when you least expect it.

Nugent always stinks it up. I was shocked at Andy's performance, but honestly do think he'll rebound in a big way next game.

I would agree with this.....but, if a rating of 81 is his new floor, we're in great shape offensively.

Anyways, how about the floor of the defense?  Nugent's gaffe notwithstanding, they were the real turds.  They ***** suck.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 12:45 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: My agenda? Lol...If I had one it would be making this place a more honest, open to new ideas kind of message board.

Look, it's not about just the 4 loses of this year. For the past 5 or 6 years this team has been considered by a lot fans in and out of Cincinnati to be an up and coming team. With one concern.....our QB Head coach. Interesting enough, those concerns were always hotly contested by members of this board claiming media bias /conspiracy against the City of Cincinnati and etc.

The following is this boards reasoning as I see it: "We've already placed better players around our QB, but let's do it again. We've had a good defensive team with Andy, let's get another one. But to justify it all, we have to do something new so let's fire ML!"   

Fixed it. :andy:

Also, I'd like to add that we have had four different QBs in all of our playoff meltdowns, but one constant.....well, three.  Care to venture a guess as to who they may be?  No peeking.....

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 10:10 AM)Hammerthis Wrote: You may be right! But before letting go of ML, I first would like to see MB abandon the idea of having an offensive led team. Let's build a defensive lead team like the one ML was DC in Baltimore. 

Isn't this what we did when we shitcanned Bresnehan and brought in Zimmer, spent 135 1st round picks on cornerbacks (that continue to bust), traded for a safety, signed a few veteran 1st round picks at CB, drafted Carlos Dunlap, Margus Hunt in the 2nd, inked a known character issue LB to bolster the LB corps.....which lost a couple high rounders in Odell Thurman and David Pollack a few years ago....and signed back MJ?

Reply/Quote
I was on the old board, just got on this one and watched for 4 months.
Not on a board but in the newspapers in the 60's"Lets git rid of this NBA
team we can get another one" the Royals for you younger people. That worked out
well. Now we try to do it with players and coaches. The mistake was not Promoting
Marvin to a nice office position then making Coach Z the head coach. Marvin got us out of
years of the team being TURDS, so thanking him for that.Palmer didnt want to be here anymore,
remember the QB's before him?   Sick  The Bengals let Jones and Nelson go and we have a part time
TE. A lot of words to say that no one player caused this and management made some bad
decisions. Lets not throw the baby out with the bathwater Wink
Reply/Quote
David Pollack broke his neck and didnt want to play anymore
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 04:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: Fixed it. :andy:

Also, I'd like to add that we have had four different QBs in all of our playoff meltdowns, but one constant.....well, three.  Care to venture a guess as to who they may be?  No peeking.....

ML had one really good QB and that was Carson Palmer. I'm convinced we would've won that playoff game against the Steelers had not Palmer and our #2 WR not went down in the first half of that game. We were dominating the Steelers in all aspects of that game (including the scoreboard) until they went down. So yes, I'm cutting ML some slack and at the same time I can understand fans calling for him to be fired. 
Keep in mind the only other starting QBs ML had the pleasure of coaching were John-INT- Kittna, Robert Fritztradject and Andy-Manchild-Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 05:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: Isn't this what we did when we shitcanned Bresnehan and brought in Zimmer, spent 135 1st round picks on cornerbacks (that continue to bust), traded for a safety, signed a few veteran 1st round picks at CB, drafted Carlos Dunlap, Margus Hunt in the 2nd, inked a known character issue LB to bolster the LB corps.....which lost a couple high rounders in Odell Thurman and David Pollack a few years ago....and signed back MJ?

Actually, no! I'm advocating for the foreseeable future we spend all of our high draft picks on defense. The bengals have not done that. Do that, and with ML as HC we'll win in the playoffs. 
Think about it? It's been our defense pulling the team into the playoffs. The defense has falling off this year so it should not come as a surprise that we're not making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2016, 03:14 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Shawn williams.     Has ever done anything productive.   Gives up tds every week

Incredibly stupid penalty that hurt us badly and acted like he didn't give a flying **** that he committed it, it really ticked me off! But that takes us back to coaching and accountability. and of course there's Nugent, but I'm getting used to his mediocrity. Then, Dalton looked kinda lost out there making stupid mistakes like the interception as well. The fumble not so much, it was a dumb play call against a team that can't stop the run.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2016, 05:49 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Actually, no! I'm advocating for the foreseeable future we spend all of our high draft picks on defense. The bengals have not done that. Do that, and with ML as HC we'll win in the playoffs. 
Think about it? It's been our defense pulling the team into the playoffs. The defense has falling off this year so it should not come as a surprise that we're not making the playoffs.

Wrong. Dalton carries this team on his shoulders. He is "the only reason" this team is worth a crap anyway. Don't you get the memo in the weekly Dalton is the best threads.  :sarcasm:
Reply/Quote