Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turkey shooting down Russian planes
(12-04-2015, 12:47 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Yes.

Cool.
Do you guys go to any of the Fil-Am Parties in Cincinnati?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-04-2015, 01:21 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Cool.
Do you guys go to any of the Fil-Am Parties in Cincinnati?

No.  We live in GA.  My wife is from Charleston, SC.  I talked to my wife about attending some of the local functions so our daughter learns about her heritage on that side of the family.  My wife heard there are two groups and they have some sort of stupid BS drama going on between them so she prefers to just not go.  I've heard the same thing from one of my co-workers.

We visited my in-laws for Thanksgiving.  My mother-in-law told my daughter a joke:

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
I don't feel good.

I'm thinking, "WTF? That's one stupid knock knock joke."  Then I get it . . . I don't peel good.  Peel sounds like feel with her accent.
(12-04-2015, 01:33 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No.  We live in GA.  My wife is from Charleston, SC.  I talked to my wife about attending some of the local functions so our daughter learns about her heritage on that side of the family.  My wife heard there are two groups and they have some sort of stupid BS drama going on between them so she prefers to just not go.  I've heard the same thing from one of my co-workers.

We visited my in-laws for Thanksgiving.  My mother-in-law told my daughter a joke:

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
I don't feel good.

I'm thinking, "WTF? That's one stupid knock knock joke."  Then I get it . . . I don't peel good.  Peel sounds like feel with her accent.

LOL.
Pfft, I don't worry about the drama, nor do I pay attention to it, until it becomes a problem in my immediate circle.
We too tend to stay away from the bigger groups, and prefer to stick with a few smaller groups of friends.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-04-2015, 02:11 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: LOL.
Pfft, I don't worry about the drama, nor do I pay attention to it, until it becomes a problem in my immediate circle.
We too tend to stay away from the bigger groups, and prefer to stick with a few smaller groups of friends.

Ignoring the drama is one thing, but I guess they're clique-ish.  If you go to one group's function then the members of the other group act pissed off about it.  It's like dating a hot chick who is mental.  Eventually, you wonder if it is worth the hassle.