Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turner is out, who is available?
I was going to ask this in another thread, but I felt it deserved a place of its own to be discussed.

The news is out, Jim Turner is gone!

[Image: 13f.gif]

So, now the question is, who is out there and available that you'd like to see brought in for interview?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Where did you get this news?
Reply/Quote
Stealing a good Offensive Line Coach is probably the hardest FO position...

Ed Warinner Michigan Offensive Line Coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Look up ball states Kyle devan.

Had a successful career in Indy as a starting right guard and has both college and nfl experience in offensive line coaching.
Reply/Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2021/01/02/bengals-wont-bring-back-jim-turner-two-coaches-2021/amp/

Little surprised about eason. I thought he was developing guys a little better.
Reply/Quote
I've mentioned before that Mike Sullivan from the Titans might be an interesting possibility. He's been an Asst OL coach / Off Asst with the Titans for the last 7 years. He's said to be very involved with scheme design and the running game plan.

Before the Titans, he was the o-line coach of the Browns, Chargers, and at W Michigan. He played in the NFL for 5 years, and has been coaching for the last 21 years. 
Reply/Quote
Keep an eye out for oline coaches from the staffs that will be fired this offseason. Some may have had good lines. ATL, HOU, DET, JAGS, JETS (they loved Pollack), to name a few.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 06:01 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've mentioned before that Mike Sullivan from the Titans might be an interesting possibility. He's been an Asst OL coach / Off Asst with the Titans for the last 7 years. He's said to be very involved with scheme design and the running game plan.

Before the Titans, he was the o-line coach of the Browns, Chargers, and at W Michigan. He played in the NFL for 5 years, and has been coaching for the last 21 years. 

I worry about anyone from the Titans O-line group after watching them a few times this season. Those guys can run block amazingly but when it came to pass protection, and playing from behind, Tannehill was under siege constantly. I feel like this team will always be pass first with Burrow under center and pass protecting O-lines will be needed.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 05:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Stealing a good Offensive Line Coach is probably the hardest FO position...

Warinner is a sketchy guy. Backstabber, rat to the press, and undercuts other assistants. The kind of guy that will throw trash on the ground two feet away from a trashcan just to make someone underneath him pick it up. Want him no where near a team I'm a fan of. 

I want Harry Hiestand. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 05:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Stealing a good Offensive Line Coach is probably the hardest FO position...

Does he have any experience at the Pro level? 

How was their pass protection?

(01-02-2021, 05:51 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Look up ball states Kyle devan.

Had a successful career in Indy as a starting right guard and has both college and nfl experience in offensive line coaching.

Nice, what was his role in the NFL, O-line coach or assistant O-line?

(01-02-2021, 06:01 PM)jj22 Wrote: Keep an eye out for oline coaches from the staffs that will be fired this offseason. Some may have had good lines. ATL, HOU, DET, JAGS, JETS (they loved Pollack), to name a few.

I can't imagine Pollack would be willing to come back here after being dumped for Turner, that is insulting.

If the Chargers clean house I'd look at James Campen. Pass first team and ranked about middle of the pack in sacks allowed.

Reply/Quote
Make Bill Callahan an offer he can't refuse and steal him from the Browns. Turner stood in the way last season. This would be his chance to work with his son (assuming he doesn't lose his job). He won't need permission to break his contract if we give him a different title such as asst head coach

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Doug Marrone could be another possibility. He's been a HC, OC and o-line coach in the NFL, and he would bring a ton of experience to a staff that doesn't have much. 
Reply/Quote
Jeff quinn from ND.

He's got aexperience as a hc, oc and line coach. Like any coach, he's had some mixed results, but I think the biggest thing is the guys best skill is supposed to be as a motivator. Players like him, other coaches like him. And he's got a lot of coaching connections which wouldn't hurt with our scouting.

Outside of that, I'd see if anyone shakes loose with the firings over the next few weeks. We might get lucky, especially if a coach thinks he's going to have jonah and sewell to form something around.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 06:44 PM)pally Wrote: Make Bill Callahan an offer he can't refuse and steal him from the Browns.  Turner stood in the way last season.  This would be his chance to work with his son (assuming he doesn't lose his job).  He won't need permission to break his contract if we give him a different title such as asst head coach

To pull Bill Callahan without the Browns blocking the move, you have to offer him something related to co-OC or assistant HC role along with being OL coach. If it's just a lateral move, Browns can prevent it regardless of the money involved.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 05:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I was going to ask this in another thread, but I felt it deserved a place of its own to be discussed.

The news is out, Jim Turner is gone!

[Image: 13f.gif]

So, now the question is, who is out there and available that you'd like to see brought in for interview?

This is all meaningless. Keeping Taylor and any of his pals another day is a disgrace. The team is just wasting player talent by letting these coaches continue with the team.

What OL coach is going to come work for Taylor?

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 06:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Doug Marrone could be another possibility. He's been a HC, OC and o-line coach in the NFL, and he would bring a ton of experience to a staff that doesn't have much. 

Would Zac feel threatened by someone who has been an OC and HC before?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 07:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would Zac feel threatened by someone who has been an OC and HC before?

He should feel that his job is threatened. Keeping Taylor is a waste.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 07:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would Zac feel threatened by someone who has been an OC and HC before?

perhaps, though that doesn't seem to be part of his personality.

He can always bring in his father in law.  Mike Sherman has OL coaching experience on his resume

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 06:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Nice, what was his role in the NFL, O-line coach or assistant O-line?

He was an O line assistant for NO in 2015. They average 178 rush yards/game and 270 pass yards/game. 17 sacks given up this year.
Reply/Quote
I’d support Willie Anderson as new OL coach. He runs his own OL academy that trains high school, college, and pro players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote