Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tyler Eifert
I heard that Eifert just got a movie deal. They are going to remake the movie "unbreakable" and they are casting him as Mr Glass. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Doubt he'll be back before Week 6.

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 06:10 AM)jeremydc Wrote: Doubt he'll be back before Week 6.

Agreed.  He's just not going to magically show up on the field week after not practicing or taking any reps with the offense.

He's not a defensive player (Vontaze Burfict last year), he needs reps for timing.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I wont believe it unless i hear it from the bengals literally 2 days ago eifert confirmed he was on track for week 1 now all of a sudden its week 4 its a little suspicious and all u hear is source with knowledge of the injury most insiders say team source or source close to situation im iffy about this and the bengals have neither confirmed or denied this so ill wait to hear it from them first before i start wondering how our offense is gonna be without him.

In all fairness have the Bengals said anything about Eifert's injury in the past 7 months that turned out to be right? At this point the only thing I will believe is seeing Eifert on the field playing football.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 05:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I heard that Eifert just got a movie deal. They are going to remake the movie "unbreakable" and they are casting him as Mr Glass. 

Actually Rob Gronkowski beat him out for that part.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:49 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000690578/article/bengals-tyler-eifert-ankle-targeting-week-4-return

What the hell does "per a source informed of the injury" mean?

Read literally that says that the source is only told that Eifert is injured, not that the source has any inside information about the timeline.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: What the hell does "per a source informed of the injury" mean?

Read literally that says that the source is only told that Eifert is injured, not that the source has any inside information about the timeline.

Who cares who is saying it?  NFLN feels confident enough in the source to say it.

All this fuss about who gave the word, is causing everyone to miss the point that the Bengals will be without Tyler Eifert for at least a quarter of the regular season.  That toothpaste ain't going back into the tube, no matter who put it out there..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 12:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who cares who is saying it?  NFLN feels confident enough in the source to say it.

All this fuss about who gave the word, is causing everyone to miss the point that the Bengals will be without Tyler Eifert for at least a quarter of the regular season.  That toothpaste ain't going back into the tube, no matter who put it out there..

Who gave the word that Eifert just had a sprain and wouldn't require surgery?  Or that the surgery would be minor and he wouldn't miss time?  Or that he might miss the pre-season.  Or might miss week 1 at the most, or blah blah blah blah and so on.

Again, I'm a big ol pessimist but we are being pretty skeptical of the bad news and pretty accepting of the constantly-changing narrative regarding his recovery.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who gave the word that Eifert just had a sprain and wouldn't require surgery?  Or that the surgery would be minor and he wouldn't miss time?  Or that he might miss the pre-season.  Or might miss week 1 at the most, or blah blah blah blah and so on.

Again, I'm a big ol pessimist but we are being pretty skeptical of the bad news and pretty accepting of the constantly-changing narrative regarding his recovery.

At this point in time, we should all be taking a vested interest in how well Tyler Croft is healing from his injury.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At this point in time, we should all be taking a vested interest in how well Tyler Croft is healing from his injury.

I hear ya.  I've been hoping for Kroft's emergence and health for months...unfortunately, we are currently passing that buck off to Uzomah.  Eep.  I'm only concerned about Kroft because, again, his injury was immediately downplayed and dismissed as no big deal.  I'm just being overly skeptical, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I hear ya.  I've been hoping for Kroft's emergence and health for months...unfortunately, we are currently passing that buck off to Uzomah.  Eep.  I'm only concerned about Kroft because, again, his injury was immediately downplayed and dismissed as no big deal.  I'm just being overly skeptical, I guess.

So, anyone have the latest news on Croft's progress? 

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, anyone have the latest news on Croft's progress? 

No, and that makes me a little concerned. No (injury-related) news is not necessarily good news from this team. Guess we'll know on 9/11 whether we have much in the way of TE emphasis this year.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually Rob Gronkowski beat him out for that part.

Exactly. People seem to forget that there was a couple year period where Gronk couldn't stay healthy. Hell, he missed a game or two last year. Eifert is far from fragile. Remember when he took that head shot vs Pittsburgh last year? A few plays later he was dragging their secondary down the field for a first down... While he was concussed.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually Rob Gronkowski beat him out for that part.

(08-27-2016, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Exactly. People seem to forget that there was a couple year period where Gronk couldn't stay healthy. Hell, he missed a game or two last year. Eifert is far from fragile. Remember when he took that head shot vs Pittsburgh last year? A few plays later he was dragging their secondary down the field for a first down... While he was concussed.

Two big differences...

#1: Gronk actually played the first 42 games of his career without missing one. Eifert didn't even make it 1 season.

#2: Gronk has missed 16 games in 6 years. Eifert has missed 19 games in 3 years and is already planned to miss 3-5 more this year.

- - - - - - -

Sure Gronk isn't the healthiest guy ever, but nowhere near the level of Eifert.

To put Eifert in better context.. if he misses 6 games this year (not hard to imagine since they're already saying 3-5 right now), then he'll have played the same amount of games as Bob Sanders through their first four years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:26 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Two big differences...

#1: Gronk actually played the first 42 games of his career without missing one. Eifert didn't even make it 1 season.

#2: Gronk has missed 16 games in 6 years. Eifert has missed 19 games in 3 years and is already planned to miss 3-5 more this year.

- - - - - - -

Sure Gronk isn't the healthiest guy ever, but nowhere near the level of Eifert.

To put Eifert in better context.. if he misses 6 games this year (not hard to imagine since they're already saying 3-5 right now), then he'll have played the same amount of games as Bob Sanders through their first four years.

I could have done without reading that last paragraph. All you heard back then was "when Bob Sanders gets back... Blah blah blah". We are starting to sound like that aren't we?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The whole Eifert thing has been a mess. I dont get it. I almost wanna say it.....

At least Gresham, was, well relatively heathly
Reply/Quote
Eifert is like the anti-Wolverine. The dude has a serious healing deficiency if it's going to take 8 months to come back from an ankle injury...
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 05:54 PM)jason Wrote: I could have done without reading that last paragraph. All you heard back then was "when Bob Sanders gets back... Blah blah blah". We are starting to sound like that aren't we?

A little bit, probably. It's pretty painful to have that moment of realization.

Honestly, when I went to go look up how many he needed to miss this year to match Sanders, I really thought it'd be higher than 6. Was expecting 10 or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 10:00 PM)jason Wrote: Exactly. People seem to forget that there was a couple year period where Gronk couldn't stay healthy. Hell, he missed a game or two last year. Eifert is far from fragile. Remember when he took that head shot vs Pittsburgh last year? A few plays later he was dragging their secondary down the field for a first down... While he was concussed.

Yep, and it's not limited to just Gronk. I compiled a list in a different Eifert thread of somewhere around 20 TEs and the various injuries they all had. I honestly can't remember it all, but some of the notable names were:

Jordan Reed
Jordan Cameron
Gronk
Gates
Graham
Kelce
Pitta
Dwayne Allen
Julius Thomas
Ladarius Green
Kyle Rudolph
Sefarian-Jenkins
John Carlson
Jermichael Finley
Dustin Keller
Jace Amaro
Niles Paul
Zach Miller

Heck, just type "tight end injuries" into google and look through a few pages. It's brutal.

Sure, you could nitpick and say most of these guys missed a smaller percentage of games than Eifert, but the point is that lots of these guys missed significant chunks of their careers due to injury. It's a rough position. That said, it's still very early in Eifert's career and it's very possible that he's just had a string of bad luck. I remember back when most wanted to keep Leon over JJo because "JJo was made of glass". Well we all know how that turned out. Leon suddenly turned "brittle" and JJo has missed 4 games in his last 5 seasons.

Either way, 13 games of Eifert > 16 games of the types of TEs we've had in the previous 15 years or so.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 05:16 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I heard that Eifert just got a movie deal. They are going to remake the movie "unbreakable" and they are casting him as Mr. Glass. 

Wink  very funny and likely true.

Seriously did Eifert get hurt regularly and often in college, or just since he was drafted by the Bengals?
Reply/Quote