Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uh yeah Tate can go on the practice squad (sarcasm)
i find it funny there were posters that said Core was better than Tate and Tate could be stashed on the practice squad.
i think Tate just accelerated Cores exit with the Bengals

lets decimate the hate for Tate and show Core the door cause Auden can do more
his talent we cant ignore
Reply/Quote
3 targets, 3 catches...none of them easy, 2 got called back. Dude's a total stud.

EDIT: 4 targets. Barkley missed him badly.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I haven’t seen anyone “hating” on Tate here. Quite the opposite.

Reply/Quote
Tate made the roster tonight.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:16 AM)Beaker Wrote: Tate made the roster tonight.

He better have! 

If Marv does the unthinkable and decides that it would be a safe/smart move to stash Tate on the practice squad...  Sick

Tate could hopefully be our next TJ Houshmandzadeh 
Reply/Quote
I get Hate for Tate rhymes, but I do not think there's been much of it.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis on Auden Tate: “That’s what he’s shown. People ought to take notice.”

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I know there's still 3 games left, but I think Tate has fully supplanted Core on the roster. Might as well give Core a shot and see if someone would part with a conditional 7th for him towards cut down day.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:06 AM)impactplaya Wrote: i find it funny there were posters that said Core was better than Tate and Tate could be stashed on the practice squad.
i think Tate just accelerated Cores exit with the Bengals

lets decimate the hate for Tate and show Core the door cause Auden can do more
his talent we cant ignore

Core is a classic underwear athlete.  Great combination of size and speed, but just can't play the game at a high level.  
Reply/Quote
Green
Ross
Boyd
Malone
Tate
Erickson

That's a solid WR group
Reply/Quote
Core was never going to make the Roster as a WR anyway he is there purely for special teams. I think Tate makes it but not at the expense of Core.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I like Tate, but I want to see more of him in games when it really counts against top defenders before declaring him the next greatest 7th rounder of all time. Keep in mind that the plays he made weren't exactly going against the greatest defensive secondary in the league. They were Chicagos last line of defense in a preseason game.  Let's temper the excitement a tad till he gets moved up to play earlier against better defenders. In no way am I suggesting it, but plenty of receivers who look great late in preseason games come out utterly flat once they have to play against the #1s of a good defense.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
A good catch is a good catch. Kid has great hands.

Reply/Quote
Really have not heard much Tate-Hate in this neck of the woods.

Tate looks very interesting for sure.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Give Tate credit. He had the OPI then bounced right back with a really nice TD catch. I like resiliency like that.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 01:14 AM)tBengal Wrote: Green
Ross
Boyd
Malone
Tate
Erickson

That's a solid WR group

Looking very good to me. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Last year we couldn't find a number 2... Now I'm wondering how we find a way to use all these guys. Ross is one of the most physically gifted players in the whole league and may be our 5th best reciever. It's crazy.
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 12:56 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I know there's still 3 games left, but I think Tate has fully supplanted Core on the roster. Might as well give Core a shot and see if someone would part with a conditional 7th for him towards cut down day.

Agreed.  I didn't even see Core, but I wasn't watching for him as much as some of the other guys.  Core was a special teams player as well, but Tate can't be put on the PS.  Buffalo or the Jets would gobble him up in no time.  

I would rather see him than Erickson, if push came to shove.  A weapon like that to move the chains and red zone is incredibly valuable.  
Reply/Quote
This thread gave me Brandon Tate flashbacks
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-10-2018, 07:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Agreed.  I didn't even see Core, but I wasn't watching for him as much as some of the other guys.  Core was a special teams player as well, but Tate can't be put on the PS.  Buffalo or the Jets would gobble him up in no time.  

I would rather see him than Erickson, if push came to shove.  A weapon like that to move the chains and red zone is incredibly valuable.  

Couldn't agree more.

Tate has that ability to adjust to the ball in the air. He gets to where the ball is ! Catch radius, great hands, etc. He's a weapon D's have a very hard time countering !
Reply/Quote