Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Un-freakin'-believable game!
(01-11-2016, 11:09 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Get back to us when you learn the NFL rules, I am tired of debating someone juts off the short bus. You can't hit any runner outside the tackle box with the crown of your helmet, an obvious non call to make sure your team won the game. You will learn the fact later today or tomorrow when Shazier gets a huge fine.

Right. OK.

Now then:  Your sources said Lewis told his team to keep it under control.  Were the wrong? Or is he not able to control his team? Or do you really not have "sources"?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
So how many steps did Wheaton take? Or Wheeden? Weeden?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So how many steps did Wheaton take?  Or Wheeden?  Weeden?

[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:40 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: 93

See I think he's a runner at that point.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:42 AM)michaelsean Wrote: See I think he's a runner at that point.

Nope.   Tongue
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So how many steps did Wheaton take? Or Wheeden? Weeden?

I have been of the opinion that he should have been considered a runner, why I think he was not was because while he took the steps he didn't turn downfield. That was something I hadn't noticed at first but when viewing a Vine of the hit I noticed that he took 2 or 3 steps, but never turned and I'm betting that is what made the difference because the steps plus a football moved (often turning downfield) is what makes them a runner IIRC.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: So how many steps did Wheaton take?  Or Wheeden?  Weeden?

3. The Wheaton hit is a perfect example why those types of plays should be reviewed for accuracy and intent.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:40 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: 93

Damn Pittsburgh school system. Mad

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:14 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have been of the opinion that he should have been considered a runner, why I think he was not was because while he took the steps he didn't turn downfield. That was something I hadn't noticed at first but when viewing a Vine of the hit I noticed that he took 2 or 3 steps, but never turned and I'm betting that is what made the difference because the steps plus a football moved (often turning downfield) is what makes them a runner IIRC.

So he could have run all the way to the sideline and been a protected player the whole way?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So he could have run all the way to the sideline and been a protected player the whole way?

I'm just speculating here. I know in commentary from the talking heads (which I know, not always accurate) they have mentioned the turn is an important part of that.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: Then answer this question:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Explain-this-to-me

I'll explain it when you learn how to count.  Gio took four steps with the ball, and was turning up field, when he got hit.  Last I looked four is more than two, even for Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:33 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll explain it when you learn how to count.  Gio took four steps with the ball, and was turning up field, when he got hit.  Last I looked four is more than two, even for Bengals fans.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong:

[Image: gio2.0.gif]

2 steps and a turn....lol @ steeler fan math.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:13 PM)Beaker Wrote: Do you ever get tired of being wrong:

[Image: gio2.0.gif]

2 steps and a turn....lol @ steeler fan math.

Ahaha, you don't see him taking four steps?  Pull your head out and count again.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ahaha, you don't see him taking four steps?  Pull your head out and count again.

Two steps and a turn genius. Its right in front of you and you still try to deny it.
Reply/Quote

he catches the ball (1 step 2 step)

turns (3 step, 4 step), closes his eyes and braces for impact

4 steps, the same amount of fingers as puppet boy
People suck
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:43 PM)Griever Wrote: 4

he catches the ball (1 step 2 step)

turns (3 step, 4 step), closes his eyes and braces for impact

4 steps, the same amount of fingers as puppet boy

Youre as bad at math as SSF. But your both steeler fans so its not surprising.
Reply/Quote
The penalty on Wheaton was legit despite his three steps, and there should have been no penalty on Shazier because we didn't know about that rule.

That about sum it up?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: Youre as bad at math as SSF. But your both steeler fans so its not surprising.

I'll make this easy for you since you're having such a difficult time.  After the ball is in his hands how many separate times do Gio's feet leave the ground and then subsequently touch the ground before he is hit? 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 02:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ahaha, you don't see him taking four steps?  Pull your head out and count again.

Three full steps. The fourth foot was coming down on the pivot. The hit happened simultaneous to the square up. I don't have a problem with the advancement. The problem is the crown of the helmet to the facemask. It shows the hypocrisy of the NFL and how they want to protect "defenseless" players. 

Advancement is a fact. Whether he was in a defensive position is not.

Reply/Quote
that was almost as good of a hit as when ryan clark layed the wood on mcgahee in the AFCCG back in 08
People suck
Reply/Quote