Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unpopular opinions/Hot takes
(01-23-2021, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I fear this is not going the way the OP wanted.

Well, when people start saying crazy things like Natty lite is the best beer that tends to happen... Tongue

Also, Dunkin has the best coffee. Forgot to call that one out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:55 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I fear this is not going the way the OP wanted.

Well I kinda figured it would lead to some debate, but I was hoping to see more lists than debate. Silly me.

(01-23-2021, 01:03 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I thought you said it was a hot take/unpopular opinion thread?

I've seen a lot of people on the Gold Star side through the years. Maybe that has faded a bit since I left the area (2014)? I honestly miss the stuff so badly that my Wife ordered me a Skyline hoodie for Christmas. Too bad I can't eat the hoodie. Mellow
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I love the idea of this thread. Should be a fun offseason mode. I’ll bite

1) Palmer made the right decision bailing out of Cincinnati

2) We need to beef up the offensive line with TOP players in their positions even at the cost of re-signing Lawson and Jackson

3) All it will take is one popular FA signing to get certain fans hooting and hollering we have everything this year to win 10+ games and a first playoff victory.

4) The curtain is finally revealed and learn why Mike Brown doesn’t care about winning a Super Bowl....because he has the biggest crank of all 32 owners in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 03:42 AM)GodFather Wrote: 2) We need to beef up the offensive line with TOP players in their positions even at the cost of re-signing Lawson and Jackson

You’d probably be hard pressed to find anything people would agree on more...

Reply/Quote
Marvin lewis was a good coach

Hue Jackson would be a better fit than Zac as Head Coach( agreed not saying much)

2005 team< 2011-2015 team

Whitworth> Anderson

Carson was better than Dalton but Dalton had the better Bengals career.

We are drafting a CB with our first RD pick in the draft.( I think we will trade down)

Bobby Hart won't be cut

Geno is the 2nd best Bengal ever.

The front office should tag & trade Carl Lawson this off-season because there is a high probability that he doesn't sign a long term contract with us.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I wish Gresham would've kicked Lapham's ass for basically calling him a quitter.

We've seen our share of those throughout the years and if he was one he certainly was at the bottom of the list.

For those of you who think an old ass Lapham could hang with Gresham are delusional.

I personally would have enjoyed hearing Dave get his face busted on live radio.

The guy's voice and mannerisms remind me of Dauber from that TV show Coach.

Never liked him and think he's terrible to listen to before, during, and absolutely after the game especially in the locker room.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We need to re-sign AJ Green
Reply/Quote
William Jackson III should not be resigned
The locker room wasn't toxic because 1 or 2 players complained about playing time
Dunlap needed to go
And if you drive anything but a Ford, you're a communist
Reply/Quote
Andre Smith got too much bullshit from fans.

He wasn't a 1st round world beater but amounted to a decent starter level O-lineman.

Time shows that we would be happy to have a player like him even at #5 pick this draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 09:23 AM)sandwedge Wrote: William Jackson III should not be resigned
The locker room wasn't toxic because 1 or 2 players complained about playing time
Dunlap needed to go
And if you drive anything but a Ford, you're a communist
[Image: th?id=OIP.HUamPakFHpQFdWKUc9lCkgHaFj&pid...=221&h=167]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burrow held onto the ball too long and took many unnecessary hits because of that.

Hart isn’t as bad as everyone says.

Hopkins isn’t a good center.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:05 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Burrow held onto the ball too long(for a QB playing behind Bengals O-line)and took many unnecessary hits because of that.

Hart isn’t as bad as everyone says.

Hopkins isn’t a good center.

Fixed it for ya! Wink
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander was a good offensive line coach.

Drew Sample has done everything asked of him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
1 Curtis was the best WR in franchise history
2. Palmer never lived up to his draft position but Dalton did
3. Aglamesis crushes Graters
4. It was smart to draft Whitworth replacement in 2015
5. I would draft Parsons LB with #5 pick over a WR
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:22 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: 1 Curtis was the best WR in franchise history
2.  Palmer never lived up to his draft position but Dalton did
3.  Aglamesis crushes Graters
4.   It was smart to draft Whitworth replacement in 2015
5.   I would draft Parsons LB with #5 pick over a WR

Graeter's is waaaay overrated.

Drafting for a replacement was smart.  They just made the wrong picks in hindsight.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:16 AM)Synric Wrote: Paul Alexander was a good offensive  line coach.

Drew Sample has done everything asked of him.

His downfall was lack of player talent which unfortunately he hand picked.

I didn't care for him but I can see a positive argument in his favor as well.

The stigma of being a Mike Brown "lifer" is what dug in the hearts of most fans.

It was quite shocking that he was not retained for that reason alone.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:31 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No, it's really not.  Willie was the total package.  He shut down everyone that he faced.  I think he gave up 10 sacks in his career.  He was a truck as a run blocker.

I'll never forget the game he dominated Reggie White.  The guy was on another level.

Yep.  He did it year in and year out, never missed games and was the best there was at what he did up until the end when injures got him.  Hardly ever got a penalty or gave up a sack.  He was also absolutely dominant as a run blocker.  He's basically the gold standard for RTs in the NFL as far as I'm concerned.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:30 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Graeter's is waaaay overrated.

I will not sit idly by and have a beloved Cincinnati institution besmirched by you uncultured swine!

Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip has no equal. Everything else is shit in comparison.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will not sit idly by and have a beloved Cincinnati institution besmirched by you uncultured swine!

Graeter’s Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip has no equal. Everything else is shit in comparison.

There's an ice cream chain in Columbus that makes their own ice cream called Johnson's and it puts Graeter's to shame.

Any Columbus peeps in this joint?

https://johnsonsrealicecream.com/
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:54 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: There's an ice cream chain in Columbus that makes their own ice cream called Johnson's and it puts Graeter's to shame.

Any Columbus peeps in this joint?

https://johnsonsrealicecream.com/

It’s all subjective ofc, but Graeter’s is nationally known for a reason. It’s all about that French pot, son.

Reply/Quote