Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unpopular opinions/Hot takes
(01-23-2021, 12:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably because Whit plays LT.

Quite possibly, but Willie was also the unfortunate victim of playing on some awful teams.  That didn't help either...but those awful teams where he was blocking did set some (at that time) NFL rushing records for single-game performances.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Uhmm... Kind of like the old Schlitz commercial slogan, "When you're out of Schlitz (Nati Light) You're out of money.."
Great stuff for the ultra budget conscious hard core alcoholic.  

That's some funny shit, Gramps....glad to see you posting. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:36 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Adding one piece in FA and  drafting one of the best tackles in the draft probably won’t fix the line. Half assing this won’t work.

I don’t like Patrick Surtain for the bengals I think fairly or a few of the 2nd round cbs are better for them.

Skyline has really good wraps, probably the best of any fast food chains.

I think a good, creamy coleslaw is seriously underrated and one of the best sides with almost any meal.

Chicken/Bacon/Ranch wrap is really good and so are the others.

Nobody acknowledges this about Skyline so rep to you !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:34 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: First of all, thank you for your service to your community.

Second, have you ever had Bill's Donuts, from my neighborhood?  (Centerville)?

If we ever have a tailgate before a game (F* Covid) when all this shit is gone, I will bring a ton of their donuts as early AM sugar fuel for the day.  I have dreams about their donuts.  Made fresh 24 hours a day.  Eat one of their Cinnamon Roll donuts or a butter twist with a good coffee and you will know the meaning of happiness.  

Holtman’s have the best donuts in Cincinnati for my money.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Chicken/Bacon/Ranch wrap is really good and so are the others.

Nobody acknowledges this about Skyline so rep to you !

Have you guys had their Chilito?  The Chilli Burrito?  It is awesome.  It was invented, I believe, so I could eat it while driving...isn't too messy if you take small bites so you avoid the back end explosion (of the burrito...the real back end explosion comes a day later...especially if you ask them to put hot sauce in it during assembly).
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have you guys had their Chilito?  The Chilli Burrito?  It is awesome.  It was invented, I believe, so I could eat it while driving...isn't too messy if you take small bites so you avoid the back end explosion (of the burrito...the real back end explosion comes a day later...especially if you ask them to put hot sauce in it during assembly).

Pretty decent but you're braver than me trying to eat while driving. Clapping
Reply/Quote
1. The team will have to pick what to fix and what to let slide on the roster this offseason. Too many issues to address in one year.

2. The Taylor staff has so far beaten the pants off of "Linebacker guru" Marvin Lewis's drafting at the position.

3. Despite his greatness and professional disposition, AJ will take a backseat to Chad in Bengal history. He was a terrific replacement, but still never eclipsed Ocho if this is truly the end for him here.

4. This is a tough one. The family is trying their best to win right now. The old narrative of them not caring, which I have personally pushed, is no longer the truth. They have been much more open to approaches that they avoided for decades. They may not yet be good at it, but things have changed. It's hard to accept given the results on the field, but it's real.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holtman’s have the best donuts in Cincinnati for my money.

Never been....Bill's was ranked #2 in the Nation for several year's running.  #1 is some gourmet place in Florida that makes your donut hot to order...and they cost like $6 each.  Bill's is a Centerville Treasure....Like Marion's pizza
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:01 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Never been....Bill's was ranked #2 in the Nation for several year's running.  #1 is some gourmet place in Florida that makes your donut hot to order...and they cost like $6 each.  Bill's is a Centerville Treasure....Like Marion's pizza

Here in Lexington we have a place called Spalding's donuts.  It's a little brick building in a not-so great part of town.  It also has the best donuts I've ever eaten.  They used to sell out by 10:30 on weekends and close up.  It was a struggle to get out of bed in time to get in line to grab some.  

Also, they make only two kinds of donuts, glazed and glazed with chocolate icing.  They are a yeast donut that's fried in something, maybe lard, that makes them really heavy.  It's tough to eat more than two.  If you like old-school bakery style donuts, they are the best.

EDIT: Just looked at their menu, and they have expanded to a few more varieties.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 01:09 PM)samhain Wrote: Here in Lexington we have a place called Spalding's donuts.  It's a little brick building in a not-so great part of town.  It also has the best donuts I've ever eaten.  They used to sell out by 10:30 on weekends and close up.  It was a struggle to get out of bed in time to get in line to grab some.  

Also, they make only two kinds of donuts, glazed and glazed with chocolate icing.  They are a yeast donut that's fried in something, maybe lard, that makes them really heavy.  It's tough to eat more than two.  If you like old-school bakery style donuts, they are the best.  

EDIT: Just looked at their menu, and they have expanded to a few more varieties.

Bill's is open 24/7 and they shut down for a week during the holidays.  There is NEVER not a line.  Never.  But they get you through in like 5 minutes.  It is the Chick-Fil-A of donut service.  I would show up when snow plowing all night for my ex-father in law (RIP, Doug) at 4am, and there would be 10 people in line.  The great thing is they are ALWAYS making fresh donuts.  You never get one that sat for more than a few hours.  

I used to take them to ICUs where I was working if I got a call in the middle of the night for the staff that worked third shift.  Needless to say, they were always glad to see me.  
Reply/Quote
Coaching is not the issue, the FO and MB are the issue.

FO and MB are not the issue, coaching is the issue.

Board Members who attack players, owner and coaches personally are likely to be low life individual who do not respect themselves or others.

McDonald's has done more for their communities in the USA than any fast food restaurant and a step further more than many combined.

It makes sense to pay Gio (our back up RB) more than any starting OG on our roster.

Our DL is worse than our OL and were paid a lot more money.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Have you guys had their Chilito?  The Chilli Burrito?  It is awesome.  It was invented, I believe, so I could eat it while driving...isn't too messy if you take small bites so you avoid the back end explosion (of the burrito...the real back end explosion comes a day later...especially if you ask them to put hot sauce in it during assembly).

Pro Tip: You can (and should) add spaghetti to it.  I think its like an extra 35 cents.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:33 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: .
Frisch’s is a terrible restaurant. 

You shut your damn mouth!  Wink
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Synric Wrote: All Cincinnati Style Chili is awful and the Cincinnati Chili Trail is a business class ticket to diarrhea.

Blasphemy
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 02:04 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Pro Tip: You can (and should) add spaghetti to it.  I think its like an extra 35 cents.

Will do...I was a little afraid that it would increase the explosion risk (while consuming, not after).  
Reply/Quote

Had it a couple times and yes you basically have to eat them whole or you get hot brown everywhere.

I’ll do some weird stuff for some chilli cheese fries too.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:35 AM)Synric Wrote: All Cincinnati Style Chili is awful and the Cincinnati Chili Trail is a business class ticket to diarrhea.

Sir, while I won’t argue about getting the shits, your awful remark should have you burned at the stake!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 02:30 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Sir, while I won’t argue about getting the shits, your awful remark should have you burned at the stake!

People say you get the shits, but I swear there is some weird healing power of skyline. Especially if you add some hot sauce.  It is like it blows the illness out of you....something with all the different herbs and spices.  If someone has a cold, we get them the healing power of skyline!  

Note:  Skyline has not been tested on, nor is FDA approved as a clinically relevant treatment for COVID-19.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 02:27 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Had it a couple times and yes you basically have to eat them whole or you get hot brown everywhere.

I’ll do some weird stuff for some chilli cheese fries too.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: My 40 years in Law Enforcement  as a donut expert vehemently disagrees with you.

I'm in the Dayton area and have incredible, fresh donut bakeries near me like Bill's in Centerville & Schuler's in Springfield. They literally are making them from scratch behind the wall you order from and have massive variety. Like, walls and cases of different stuff.

On my life, if you had either places stuff you would go back to Duncan and look at it as peasant fair.
Reply/Quote