Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unpopular opinions/Hot takes
(01-23-2021, 10:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Agenda? I think you need to look in a mirror on that one..

What’s my agenda, supporting our QB too much? You otoh made it perfectly clear you weren’t getting on board even before we drafted him. So it has nothing to do with your Herbert vs Burrow shtick. That’s just a cover. This was always about not wanting to move on from Andy, and you having a strong dislike for some of the folks pushing for Burrow the loudest. You ain’t fooling anyone.

It’s not too late though. The number of people in Joe’s corner is just going to keep growing and growing (he’s even already won over some of his doubters like Cowherd). Being able to admit when you were wrong is not a character flaw. Quite the opposite actually.

And you really shouldn’t let your personal beef with me (or whoever) stop you from enjoying watching this kid. You’d really be doing yourself a disservice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Noodles don't belong in chili. Ever.

Chili is meat, beans, tomatoe-based products and chili's. That's it. That's ****ing it.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:20 PM)Benton Wrote: Noodles don't belong in chili. Ever.

Chili is meat, beans, tomatoe-based products and chili's. That's it. That's ****ing it.

Doesn’t real Texas style chili frown on putting beans in?

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doesn’t real Texas style chili frown on putting beans in?

Beef in chili didn't come along until the 1500s (ish). Until then it was peppers, beans and tomatoes. I'll condone beef in con carne as that's the variation that was in existence when we became a country.

Noodles, though, was some weird ass midwesterner approach to making one pot feed 50 kids. It's obscene.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 11:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doesn’t real Texas style chili frown on putting beans in?

My wife puts bacon in chili.  It's a minor reason why we're still married.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:32 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Is Carson being better than Andy a hot take? I don’t think it is particularly close.

Carson was 100 times the QB Andy was pre elbow injury...
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:21 AM)Tony Wrote: Carson was 100 times the QB Andy was pre elbow injury...

The human Jugs machine.
Reply/Quote

Open you mind, man!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:18 AM)samhain Wrote: My wife puts bacon in chili.  It's a minor reason why we're still married.

Everything is better with bacon. Can’t say I’ve ever put it in my chili though.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 01:06 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Everything is better with bacon. Can’t say I’ve ever put it in my chili though.

It's really good.  I mean, how can you screw something up by adding bacon to it?
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 01:08 AM)samhain Wrote: It's really good.  I mean, how can you screw something up by adding bacon to it?

Toss it in raw?

Ice cream and cooked bacon is one thing. Ice cream and raw bacon is another.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 12:24 AM)samhain Wrote: The human Jugs machine.

Isn't that Kate Upton? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Testify brother!!!
Reply/Quote
As I just posted, I would rank Waddle ahead of Smith in ranking the top 3 WRs for us at #5. Smith is great, don't get me wrong, but Waddle impresses me more as a legit deep threat, maybe even more than Chase. I'd still take Chase over Waddle because of the Burrow connection.

Having said that, I am in favor of trading down from #5. There will be alot of talent in the early 2nd round. If we can work a trade with Denver or San Fran, I take their first and second rounder. Take BPA in 1 (Parsons?, Pitts?) Ill have to see what we do in FA before deciding what to do with the picks in round 2, but I think Alim McNeil would be one of them. He can generate pass rush from the interior of the DLine, and we do need pass rush.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

Boo this man!
(01-23-2021, 11:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Beef in chili didn't come along until the 1500s (ish). Until then it was peppers, beans and tomatoes. I'll condone beef in con carne as that's the variation that was in existence when we became a country.

Noodles, though, was some weird ass midwesterner approach to making one pot feed 50 kids. It's obscene.

It's actually greek
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 10:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh trust me, I worked in Lexington where they had Spalding's Donuts. It was at 6th and Lime right across from Al' Bar. So at 4:30am you had business people lining up to get into Spaldings, at the same time the EC units were responding to the Cut and Shoot across the street to take the bodies out. So I know what you are talking about with the local joints. I'm just saying Dunkin, if you go to one where they actually make them instead of trucking them in, is much better than say a Krispie Creme or that nonsense. I love the Dunkin Long John. And they have the best coffee going.

Next time I'm in that area I will check that place out!
Reply/Quote

(01-23-2021, 11:37 PM)Benton Wrote: Noodles, though, was some weird ass midwesterner approach to making one pot feed 50 kids. It's obscene.

Whadda bout Chili Mac ?!?!?

[Image: th?id=OIP.EC7Zp4kRn-TzPpEBDMk3FQHaIi&pid...=300&h=300]

Made all over the U.S. now even by Campbell's.

[Image: th?id=OIP.omH-_bmpl85HkFToCOVIRwHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 04:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Whadda bout Chili Mac ?!?!?

As I have been in Texas since 1995, I have never seen this.  And it looks disgusting.....

Also, Tex/Mex chili does not come with beans by default.  They come with or without or on the side (add them yourself).  It comes in green and red.....basically it comes how you like it......but NEVER with noodles......ever.

The one exception is Skyline/Goldstar, but I don't consider either of those to be real chili, but actually hotdog sauces.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 03:18 AM)J24 Wrote: It's actually greek

They can keep their spicy spaghetti.

I've only ever seen noodles in chili in Indiana, Cincinnati and a girl I knew from Minnesota did it. Oh, and my wife. But even she doesn't like the chili she cooks.

I remember when I was younger I had friends in northern Kentucky who talked about how good chili in Cincinnati was. God that was disappointing when I walked into what may as well have been a Fazoli's. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 04:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Whadda bout Chili Mac ?!?!?

I'm OK with Chili Mac. I've made it for the kids before, but generally Chili Mac is more like substituting macaroni for beans, dialing back on the spices and having a much thicker sauce.

I hold no ill will to chili mac enthusiasts.

But they should never call it chili. 

It's like this one place I like. They make great sandwiches and everything is from scratch, but they've got a "cuban" on the menu. It's ham, tomato and mustard with some jalapenos on toasted white bread. It's fine to call it something else, but that's not a cuban. 
Reply/Quote