Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unpopular opinions/Hot takes
(01-26-2021, 11:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I certainly didn't see it coming. Even the people on the right side of the old Richard Simmons sig bet only had us getting 5 or 6 wins.

Yep the bet was the  Bengals wouldn't win 5 games that year. Not even the Homers had any hope that team could be good. Wasn't it called the realest vs the Homers?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I certainly didn't see it coming. Even the people on the right side of the old Richard Simmons sig bet only had us getting 5 or 6 wins.

I had a $100 bet with a friend that they'd win at least 8 games that year. I thought their schedule looked pretty easy that season, and I was huge on AJ Green, the defense, and I thought Andy Dalton would be really good.... Better than he turned out to be.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 04:04 PM)jason Wrote: They probably wouldn't have been able to re-up Dunlap AND Atkins.... Probably some other guys too. As much as some of us hate on Dalton he gave us similar production to Palmer for less money. Trade demand or not, the team had run it's course with Palmer. They weren't getting over the wall they hit in 2010.

Palmer had a lot to do with 2010 as well. The fact that he acted like he didn't throw a bunch of pick 6xs that year still erks me. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:16 PM)J24 Wrote: Palmer had a lot to do with 2010 as well. The fact that he acted like he didn't throw a bunch of pick 6xs that year still erks me. 

Frankly I was glad to see him go by that point... Chad and T.O. too. I've softened on Chad as the years have passed though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 04:44 PM)BleedNOrange Wrote: So Greece is in the midwest now?  Huh.  :)

It was originally a dish from the mexico (ish) area. What the greeks ****ed up is on them. Here that horrible attempt at chili is found in the Midwest.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:22 PM)Benton Wrote: It was originally a dish from the mexico (ish) area. What the greeks ****ed up is on them. Here that horrible attempt at chili is found in the Midwest.

You seem to be one of those people who are just hung up on the word "chili". It's really just hot dog sauce. Amazing hot dog sauce that only commies don't like*.  Cool

*or folks from outside the region, who just aren't meant to "get it" anyway.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 01:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You seem to be one of those people who are just hung up on the word "chili". It's really just hot dog sauce. Amazing hot dog sauce that only commies don't like*.  Cool

Actually, even Texans like Cincinnati chili.

We've retired to Mexico and we made the "dip" (cream cheese, Cincinnati chili and shredded cheese) for a "bring an appy" party.

It was gone in minutes and the 3-4 Texans who were there wanted the recipe!
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2021, 01:36 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You seem to be one of those people who are just hung up on the word "chili". It's really just hot dog sauce. Amazing hot dog sauce that only commies don't like*.  Cool

Buncha freakin losers.  Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote