Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Unpopular opinions/Hot takes
(01-24-2021, 04:18 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Whadda bout Chili Mac ?!?!?

[Image: th?id=OIP.EC7Zp4kRn-TzPpEBDMk3FQHaIi&pid...=300&h=300]

Made all over the U.S. now even by Campbell's.

[Image: th?id=OIP.omH-_bmpl85HkFToCOVIRwHaHa&pid...=300&h=300]

I remember guys fighting over this lol.

[Image: tumblr_mondek4saX1s3xoc0o1_500.jpg]
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2021, 11:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Someone who worked there told me the amount of dough is based off some corporate metric. Basically it's a formula that says "you sold X amount of larges this date last year and Y amount of mediums," then it factors in recent sales and tells them how much dough to thaw out for which sizes.

So, yeah, that's why you can call and get two mediums but no large.

It's been some time ago, but when I worked at Pizza Hut as a teenager someone came in and made the pan, hand tossed, and thin crust doughs every morning. Never did we ever use frozen crusts. Now that was about 32 years ago too.
Reply/Quote
My hot take, that will get so much anger and hostility thrown at it:

If year 3 of Taylor is a failure and you move on from him, you should also trade Burrow for a 1st rounder and move on from him as well.

No wait... don't start foaming at the mouth just yet, there is a reason to this.

If this season is a failure, that is year two of the rookie contract wasted.

Now, I know it has happened sometimes, but it is very very rare that a new coach comes into a bad team and takes them to the playoffs. This also means you are counting on the Bengals front office to sign the right coach.... yikes.

Let's be honest, if Taylor gets fired we are probably a 5 or 6 win team at best. So, new coach, and new system, means the team is probably looking at 8 wins. 3rd year of the rookie contract now wasted.

Year 2 of the new coach, maybe we get lucky end up as a wildcard team. Probably not going to make a deep playoff run your first time in at this point, would be 7 years since we made the playoffs? So year 4 of the rookie contract is now gone.

Now, you have a shot at maybe a deeper playoff run. Year 5 option year is going to be expensive. New contract after year 4 also really going to be expensive. So, do you dismantle the roster to keep the QB?

My thought is that if you get a new coach, let him get a QB in the draft and this extends the window of being competitive. This is a Brown family owned team, we have to stop believing they will scout and do things right to build a constant winning team.

Now, please remember. I am not saying Burrow isn't a good QB with a high ceiling. He is, but all the hype before the draft about him and how he was so far above all the other QBs, yet I saw Herbert doing good things in LA, I saw Jalen Hurts look like he has the chance to do things in Philly, it is so rare that there is just one good QB in a class. I just think if we are going to waste the entire rookie contract of Burrow rebuilding, why not extend that window to 5 years again with another top rookie passer while landing a 1st round pick out of Burrow (as long as he plays to the high level again.)

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2021, 12:03 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: 1. Gio continues to be overrated by our fan base (some people actually think he’s better than Mixon or could be a true #1 on a good team). I think at least some of it is how likable he is. Kind of similar to Andy.

2. Elite weapons are every bit as important as the trenches in the modern NFL. Just look at the teams left in the playoffs.

3. Palmer was a better QB than Dalton.

4. Dunlap does not deserve all the hate he got. It’s shocking to me that people still side with the team time after time with this stuff.

5. Geno has not been a top player for at least a couple years now. It’s not just the shoulder injury. We absolutely need to get out of that contract.

Well if you’re taking about pure overall talent, that’s just a given fact
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 06:50 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: My hot take, that will get so much anger and hostility thrown at it:

If year 3 of Taylor is a failure and you move on from him, you should also trade Burrow for a 1st rounder and move on from him as well.

No wait... don't start foaming at the mouth just yet, there is a reason to this.

If this season is a failure, that is year two of the rookie contract wasted.

Now, I know it has happened sometimes, but it is very very rare that a new coach comes into a bad team and takes them to the playoffs. This also means you are counting on the Bengals front office to sign the right coach.... yikes.

Let's be honest, if Taylor gets fired we are probably a 5 or 6 win team at best. So, new coach, and new system, means the team is probably looking at 8 wins. 3rd year of the rookie contract now wasted.

Year 2 of the new coach, maybe we get lucky end up as a wildcard team. Probably not going to make a deep playoff run your first time in at this point, would be 7 years since we made the playoffs? So year 4 of the rookie contract is now gone.

Now, you have a shot at maybe a deeper playoff run. Year 5 option year is going to be expensive. New contract after year 4 also really going to be expensive. So, do you dismantle the roster to keep the QB?

My thought is that if you get a new coach, let him get a QB in the draft and this extends the window of being competitive. This is a Brown family owned team, we have to stop believing they will scout and do things right to build a constant winning team.

Now, please remember. I am not saying Burrow isn't a good QB with a high ceiling. He is, but all the hype before the draft about him and how he was so far above all the other QBs, yet I saw Herbert doing good things in LA, I saw Jalen Hurts look like he has the chance to do things in Philly, it is so rare that there is just one good QB in a class. I just think if we are going to waste the entire rookie contract of Burrow rebuilding, why not extend that window to 5 years again with another top rookie passer while landing a 1st round pick out of Burrow (as long as he plays to the high level again.)

I don't think they'll fire Zac even if they only have 5-6 wins.

Some things will happen, and the excuse train will keep on chuggin' along.

If Taylor can't get it turned around I'm afraid Burrow's early portion of his career will die in Cincy.

Thems just the breaks.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
1.) Yes, Zac Taylor has been slightly unlucky. How many times have the Bengals been truly blown out in his two years?
2.) To an extent, the Buccaneers and Tom Brady winning yesterday was fixed/scripted similar to his comeback win against the Falcons.
3.) To me, Goldstar is slightly spicier/tastier than Skyline. Also, the one near my sister in Wilmington had breakfast, which was good.
4.) I never saw Carson Palmer play that much, but he was really classy when he played the Bengals as a Raider and came over and hugged Andy after the game.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 04:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I remember guys fighting over this lol.

The dude/dudette that made the decision to put hot sauce in MREs is my lifetime hero. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 07:36 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: 1.) Yes, Zac Taylor has been slightly unlucky. How many times have the Bengals been truly blown out in his two years?
2.) To an extent, the Buccaneers and Tom Brady winning yesterday was fixed/scripted similar to his comeback win against the Falcons.
3.) To me, Goldstar is slightly spicier/tastier than Skyline. Also, the one near my sister in Wilmington had breakfast, which was good.
4.) I never saw Carson Palmer play that much, but he was really classy when he played the Bengals as a Raider and came over and hugged Andy after the game.
Well they played 16 games just this past season... I'd say they were blown out by Baltimore twice, Pittsburgh, and Dallas. So they were blown out 25% of the time during Zac's best season as head coach.

Also blowouts are rare in the NFL.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 03:41 AM)Stewy Wrote: Houston as well and I have never seen it on any menu......ever.  Not a Mexican place, not a Tex mex place, not a fast food place. Not a single restaurant on Uber Eats, Grub Hub or DoorDash have it on any menu within distance to my house.  So I don't know where your eating, but you might want to up the quality.

Pretty common is a stretch but I've definitely seen it on multiple menu's. Maybe if you only go to steak houses or sea food you wouldn't have seen it but if you actually looked I'm sure you'd find it at some places you've been to or heard of.
Reply/Quote

The army was actually the only time my wife had chili mac before she was with me and I started making it for her.

Reply/Quote

Throw some Tobasco sauce in there and you're good to go.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 07:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude/dudette that made the decision to put hot sauce in MREs is my lifetime hero. 

https://taskandpurpose.com/history/mre-brief-history-tabasco-became-militarys-favorite-condiment/

Reply/Quote
Dam this thread.. MR. A (great guy by the way if you ever got to meet and talk to him) of Algamesis passed away at 93... Sad
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 08:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Throw some Tobasco sauce in there and you're good to go.

I have been out almost 10 years now and I still use a Tobasco in my eggs because of that Omlet MRE.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 09:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I have been out almost 10 years now and I still use a Tobasco in my eggs because of that Omlet MRE.

I took one bite of that omelet, chewed it for a second, spit that monstrosity out, and promptly made friends with someone (who clearly lacked taste/feeling in his entire mouth) that was willing to trade their crackers for it if I ever got unlucky again. 

If whomever approved the Tabasco sauce is Bfine's hero, then whomever OK'd the omelet is their evil twin.

Reply/Quote

The Chili Mac, Pizza and Cajun Rice were my 3 favs.

(01-25-2021, 07:01 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Well if you’re taking about pure overall talent, that’s just a given fact

Palmer was clearly the better talent. Who had the better Bengals career is up for debate.

(01-25-2021, 08:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The army was actually the only time my wife had chili mac before she was with me and I started making it for her.

We got served Chili Mac with way too much chili powder right before the gas chamber. Did that happen to everyone, or was that just my sadistic drill sergeants?

(01-25-2021, 09:09 PM)Synric Wrote: I have been out almost 10 years now and I still use a Tobasco in my eggs because of that Omlet MRE.

Never be last to the MRE box. You'll see a stack of those things.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 03:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Chili Mac, Pizza and Cajun Rice were my 3 favs.

Palmer was clearly the better talent. Who had the better Bengals career is up for debate.

We got served Chili Mac with way too much chili powder right before the gas chamber. Did that happen to everyone, or was that just my sadistic drill sergeants?

Never be last to the MRE box. You'll see a stack of those things.

Great point. Obviously we can’t know for certain, but I’d say it’s a safe bet that the Bengals wouldn’t have skipped a beat with Palmer at QB from 2011-2015. Carson demanded his trade too soon... but nobody could have seen that fast resurgence under Green/Dalton coming in January 2011.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2021, 07:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The dude/dudette that made the decision to put hot sauce in MREs is my lifetime hero. 

Unfortunately, that was after my time... Sad
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Great point. Obviously we can’t know for certain, but I’d say it’s a safe bet that the Bengals wouldn’t have skipped a beat with Palmer at QB from 2011-2015. Carson demanded his trade too soon... but nobody could have seen that fast resurgence under Green/Dalton coming in January 2011.

They probably wouldn't have been able to re-up Dunlap AND Atkins.... Probably some other guys too. As much as some of us hate on Dalton he gave us similar production to Palmer for less money. Trade demand or not, the team had run it's course with Palmer. They weren't getting over the wall they hit in 2010.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 11:54 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Great point. Obviously we can’t know for certain, but I’d say it’s a safe bet that the Bengals wouldn’t have skipped a beat with Palmer at QB from 2011-2015. Carson demanded his trade too soon... but nobody could have seen that fast resurgence under Green/Dalton coming in January 2011.

I certainly didn't see it coming. Even the people on the right side of the old Richard Simmons sig bet only had us getting 5 or 6 wins.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote