Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update on Indoor Practice Facility

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 12:57 PM)pally Wrote:

[Image: thank-god-thank.gif]

Reply/Quote
This is actually humungous news...not for the fact that they are building a practice facility (which is still pretty big) but for the fact that this basically puts to bed any rumors or rumblings that they will be leaving the city once PBS lease is up in a few years.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is actually humungous news...not for the fact that they are building a practice facility (which is still pretty big) but for the fact that this basically puts to bed any rumors or rumblings that they will be leaving the city once PBS lease is up in a few years.

That's actually a great point.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is actually humungous news...not for the fact that they are building a practice facility (which is still pretty big) but for the fact that this basically puts to bed any rumors or rumblings that they will be leaving the city once PBS lease is up in a few years.

Is that even a thing? I haven't heard anything about that.

Great news on the facility. Let's see them start building it though. Says they are looking into it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:15 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Is that even a thing? I haven't heard anything about that.

Great news on the facility. Let's see them start building it though. Says they are looking into it. 

It is a thing. The lease is up in a few years and people speculated that the Bengals would either want a new stadium or massive improvements to the current, which tax payers could be on the hook for. Basically setting up a scenario that St. Louise faced. 

The Bengals never said anything, but people kind of speculated that it could happen. I still wonder how they will end up paying for either a new stadium or upgrades. 
Reply/Quote
Also,

Why is this so hard? They already have the practice field....can't they just build a roof over it somehow?

Probably a lot more that goes into it but it seems like they have the space available?
Reply/Quote
Would be awesome too if they ever turned PBS into a dome
Reply/Quote
We discussed this a little or a month ago and reported it was going to happen where the Hill Top concrete place is.
Reply/Quote
I like the reasoning more than anything. We will be needing it well into February for a LONG time now ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm looking forward to hearing Pat McAfee's take on this.
Reply/Quote
I like her swagger of identifying a need for Super Bowl practices. Joey B is going to look sweet in shorts while lighting up the indoor practice field with completions to Chase for the next decade.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:34 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also,

Why is this so hard? They already have the practice field....can't they just build a roof over it somehow?

Probably a lot more that goes into it but it seems like they have the space available?

IIRC, there is some issue with utilities or something running under the current practice field that would prevent a structure being built on top of it.

So yeah, it's probably going to go where the concrete place is.
Reply/Quote

Have you ever seen that sub-station just to the west of the I75 bridge, near the river? Power lines run right under their current practice field. They can't dig there at all.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

As has been discussed here many times, the cities electrical infrastructure runs under the practice fields and they are not allowed to put any kind of structure on it.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 02:44 PM)Sled21 Wrote: As has been discussed here many times, the cities electrical infrastructure runs under the practice fields and they are not allowed to put any kind of structure on it.

Wouldn't we also want to keep an outdoor practice facility? I realize that an indoor practice facility is much more important, but sometimes I think we want to practice in the fresh air.

Anyways, this is UN-*******-REAL!

I never thought I'd live to see the day!

We're finally becoming a respectable franchise! This, a Super Bowl appearance, more to come, Burrow, Chase, and just a winning mentality should attract more free agents!

I do wonder if it will include a weight room and medical facility. I know that rumors were put to rest that we don't have an adequate weight room, but I still don't think we have much in terms of a medical/rehab facility. I could be wrong.

This is UNBELIEVABLE!

WHO-DEY
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown doesn't run things anymore!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 03:24 PM)J24 Wrote: Mike Brown doesn't run things anymore!

I don't think he has for years but I think he has still had control over preventing us from building an indoor practice facility and other things!

They're not as important anymore with the internet being the center for everything, but let's hope that he hires a few more scouts that can search for specifics that a coach wants and to be at pro days and things like that! 
Reply/Quote
I knew this earlier but I didn't want to say anything unless certain. I just think the stadium will need to be new, it is getting outdated and I think indoor with new stadium makes sense.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I am stunned and delighted. I can’t help but think that Burrow had something to do with this as the LSU facilities are probably better than the Bengals. I am truly impressed with all the new decisions by Bengals management. They deserve our praise and support. I’m loving Katie as the leader.
Reply/Quote