Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update on Joe's Knee
(02-15-2022, 06:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Wrong. A franchise tag is a one year deal. They can give him another one when that one expires (and another, and another), but the salary jumps up astronomically, percentage wise. In NFL history only 7 players have been franchise tagged for multiple seasons. And they weren’t making nearly as much as Burrow so their teams didn’t take as much of a hit. Also — a player can deny a franchise tag deal, so long as they sit out for a season. So his contract has 3 more years... and that’s where it stops. 

So yeah, Burrow will be on the first plane out if the organization doesn’t get its shit together. He’s also got the clout to demand a trade at some point. Don’t think just because he’s an Ohio boy that he’ll stay loyal to the franchise. Yall need him more than he needs yall and he knows that. Everyone’s got their limits. 

Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he refuses to play if he gets sacked this many times ever again. 

Carson!! What's up? JB may have a little more grit than you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I really hope that the Browns are looking at Joe Burrow and remembering Greg Cook. Mike Brown loves to tell the tragic story of Greg Cook. The small town Ohio kid who coulda shoulda woulda been the greatest NFL QB ever for the Cincinnati Bengals if it weren't for a career ending injury.

Now they've got that kid all over again. And it's in their power to rewrite that story with a happy ending for everyone. Joe Burrow can be an Ohio legend. And they just have to bear down and make it happen.

I don't know what the schedules are like at the end of the season, but if they have any sense the Browns will meet with Joe right away and express their intention to get the Oline fixed. And then of course they have to follow through.

All this BS about Joe threatening to walk is just the same as the BS about him refusing to play in Cincinnati. Joe is not a whiner or a diva. He sees the opportunity to be not just a star, but a legend. Hopefully he'll speak his mind inside the club about what is needed, but Joe is competitor first and foremost. As long as you deal the cards fairly he's driven to show you that he can win with the cards he's dealt.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I actually have 100% faith they fix it this off-season. Which is weird, because...Bengals. 

You sure? Mike was looking good for an 86 year old. The trip might've reignited his spark to completely FSU.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Carson!! What's up? JB may have a little more grit than you.

Totally off topic but, bruh, how are you not in the JN HOF yet??
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:17 AM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: An OL rookie was not gonna save this OL. They take time to develop. Should’ve done a better job in FA or trades. I suspect they will after this season. OL was basically the laughing stock of the NFL not to mention pretty much every media outlet. 

I just confirmed that JB actually has to fulfill the remainder of his contract (obviously) and 2 franchise tags before he can be a FA. I know they were in the Super Bowl but the dude almost ended his career getting there. That can’t fly.

You're not alone in wanting O-line help

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Official per Taylor = Sprained MCL that he got in DECEMBER. Surgery is not needed also does not believe he will need it for his pinky either.

Burrow is a bad man boys... protect his a**
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:16 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Official per Taylor = Sprained MCL that he got in DECEMBER.    Surgery is not needed also does not believe he will need it for his pinky either.

Burrow is a bad man boys... protect his a**

An injury he got on the goal line series vs KC.  

He hurt in on one of the QB sneaks (he visibly favors his knee) and then again a play or two later on the pass rush.  

I say this because I didn't agree with the sneaks and am implying the sprain could've been avoided with better red zone play calling....something I really hope improves next year.  

Regardless, I'm glad it's not super serious.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:36 AM)BengalB Wrote: Totally off topic but, bruh, how are you not in the JN HOF yet??

Bfine can't even get any fancy stars or B icons.... Outrageous!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If his knee was sprained badly it may explain why he didn’t even attempt to move to his right on the 4th and 1. Could’ve hurt too bad
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: An injury he got on the goal line series vs KC.  

He hurt in on one of the QB sneaks (he visibly favors his knee) and then again a play or two later on the pass rush.  

I say this because I didn't agree with the sneaks and am implying the sprain could've been avoided with better red zone play calling....something I really hope improves next year.  

Omg so the injury he got Vs Rams was too his other knee?!!?

This kinda explains a couple of those sacks then.

This is a damn problem if so.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:36 AM)BengalB Wrote: Totally off topic but, bruh, how are you not in the JN HOF yet??

Well, you see the board has been going with this quality over quantity approach that has, at this point, kept bfine on the outside looking in.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:26 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Also, I wouldn’t be surprised if he refuses to play if he gets sacked this many times ever again. 

Carson you and those fake accounts, you trying to stir the pot again?
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 02:24 PM)GodFather Wrote: Carson you and those fake accounts, you trying to stir the pot again?

Burrow couldn’t do this because a lot of those 70 sacks in the regular/post season was due to him not throwing it to the RB or not moving in the pocket. The first half of the season Joes pocket presence was non existent and he took dumbass sacks that he could’ve easily moved away from. In the second half Burrow became a master of pocket presence but just didn’t throw the easy checkdown enough. Honestly if this offense is running correctly next year Mixon should probably have 50-60 catches. Joe needs to learn we don’t need a bomb every play. Also he has no trust in his guys to break tackles. That was obvious against the Rams. He had a couple plays that Brady or ARod would’ve thrown but Burrow didn’t trust his guy to make a guy miss and ended up taking sacks
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 12:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Carson!! What's up? JB may have a little more grit than you.

Carson is probably too busy fielding questions about Kyler Murray demanding a trade to post here right now. 

As for Burrow, I don't see him pulling a Carson or a Luck, but I also don't see him pulling a Dalton and taking a team friendly deal to get driven into the turf.  
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 01:02 PM)basballguy Wrote: An injury he got on the goal line series vs KC.  

It was hurt before that.  Burrow said he hurt it against the Chargers...
Reply/Quote
2 knee injuries in 2 years.... Hard pill to swallow.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 05:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Via Rapaport on Twitter:

"#Bengals QB Joe Burrow suffered a knee injury in the Super Bowl that won't require surgery, sources say, based on initial tests. He’ll have to rehab, but the sprain shouldn’t drastically alter his offseason."

Hopefully we fortify the OL so damn good and Burrow makes sure he doesn't take those unnecessary hits anymore and we 
don't see another close call like this again. Those empty sets just aren't smart on his part. As much as we want to blame the
O-line even the best one cannot protect against a blitzing player coming in and hitting our QB on empty sets. Need a RB back
there or a TE, someone.

We get it Joe, you are tough and great at passing against the blitz and under pressure but it is spooky and most of us know
you will get sacked more than most QB's even with a great OL just cause of the way you play. Need to find a way for Burrow
to get those mismatches while keeping him protected.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 03:21 PM)Tony Wrote: It was hurt before that.  Burrow said he hurt it against the Chargers...

reference?  I'm not saying you're wrong I just never heard that.  

Assuming it's true then it was a very visible problem for 2 months.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2022, 06:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: You don't know Joe Burrow very well.  He is old school man child team player.  He will never refuse to play.  
if Joe wants to keep walking, he will DEMAND a better oline

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2022, 04:42 PM)RASCAL Wrote: if Joe wants to keep walking, he will DEMAND a better oline

There it is again. Burrow has to DEMAND an offensive line.

Everyone in the world with a TV knows the Bengals need to upgrade the line. Do you really think Zac and Mike Brown and Tobin are there like...Hmmm this line is good enough?
Reply/Quote