Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Vikings vs Bengals predictions
What's your all's predictions for the first game of the year? I predict a surprising Bengals victory in a slug fest. Bengals win 20-17
Reply/Quote
I think we probably start of shaky to start the season. The Oline 5 need to continue to gel with each other, Burrow has to shake off the rust from injury, Chase has to shake off the rust from being off for a year and the revamped defense needs to get actual games with each other. I predict the Vikings win relatively comfortably by 10.

Happy to be absolutely wrong though
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I’m a pessimist but this game looks winnable. That being said I’ve been a fan long enough to now trust my heart. Min by 3
Reply/Quote
Bengals over Vikes 24-17.
Reply/Quote
I think Joe starts rusty and the offense looks like it hasn't played together in a year. I think the defense will perform well and keep it tight.

I think we're looking at 17-14 or 21-17 type of game, I just think the Bengals are on the wrong side of he score board.

I would love to be proven wrong and if the Bengals win i'll be the first to come back and say how impressed I was with the offense, because the defense showed me something in the pre-season.
Reply/Quote
Very tight game. The Bengals are really due
To.win a week 1 game. I see a healthy dose
Of Joe Mixon getting 25 plus carries.
I like Cincy in a shootout 31 27
Reply/Quote
The game look winnable, so you have to side with which team has the better coaching.

Vikings - 24
Bengals - 21

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Bengals 27-24
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 02:44 AM)Trademark Wrote: What's your all's predictions for the first game of the year? I predict a surprising Bengals victory in a slug fest. Bengals win 20-17

I am going with:

Bengals 24
Vikings 20
Reply/Quote
This game is winnable, but I also feel like we are treating it like a preseason game. The question is if the Vikings are good enough to punish us for doing so.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:14 AM)Nately120 Wrote: This game is winnable, but I also feel like we are treating it like a preseason game.  The question is if the Vikings are good enough to punish us for doing so.

How so? 
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:17 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How so? 

Because we have so many "we will see" narratives going into the game.  Is Burrow 100%?  Can chase shake off the drops?  Will the line be able to block for Burrow?  We will find out in week one. 

Basically, we elected to knock off the rust in the regular season.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should win this game at home. I admit I have some concern that this is going to become the next in a long line of infuriating Zac Taylor one score losses, but that's not necessarily the case.

If the defense carries over its [generally] strong camp/preseason, then the Bengals could absolutely roll them. We can dream.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:36 AM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: The Bengals should win this game at home. I admit I have some concern that this is going to become the next in a long line of infuriating Zac Taylor one score losses, but that's not necessarily the case.

If the defense carries over it's [generally] strong camp/preseason, then the Bengals could absolutely roll them. We can dream.

I suspect Dalvin Cook, Adam T., And Jefferson are gonna get theirs against our D. We're gonna have to put up points to win this game.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Because we have so many "we will see" narratives going into the game.  Is Burrow 100%?  Can chase shake off the drops?  Will the line be able to block for Burrow?  We will find out in week one. 

Hopefully it can be knocked off..theres lots of rust that just has to be cut out and replaced to repair.
Reply/Quote
Bengals are +3.5 with the line likely to move to 3 soon.

Someone else said it, but with so many questions for both teams, making predictions is a fool’s errand. I go with superior coaching and the knowledge that these are still the Bengals until proven otherwise. Min 30 Cin 26.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2021, 11:23 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Because we have so many "we will see" narratives going into the game.  Is Burrow 100%?  Can chase shake off the drops?  Will the line be able to block for Burrow?  We will find out in week one. 

Burrow has been 100% for some time now, and we pretty much know this lineup on the oline can play together, they 3 inside positions ended the season as a unit and Williams and Reiff are solid. Now, I think you are right about Chase. 
Reply/Quote
I've been busy this preseason. With Burrow only getting 3 snaps, Jamar Butterfinger struggling, moderate changes to the OL and the defense, etc. I feel like I know this team less than ever. Burrow will struggle in this game and we will struggle as a team for a few games before we start playing well together.

Min: 24
Cin: 9

Reply/Quote
I think it'll be the kind of game where the team with the most points wins.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
Vikings come in and rape, plunder, and pillage the hapless Saxons….er Bengals in week 1.

Minnesota- 62
Bungles- 6

We will make Kirk Cousins into an instant MVP candidate, and D Cook will look like the next Jim Brown, Barry Sanders and Bo Jackson all rolled into one. Our Defense will be decimated with injuries. Our OL won’t be able to block a wet paper bag blowing in the wind and Joey B will be knocked out of the game by the 2nd quarter. It’ll be over as soon as the Bengals run onto the field.

May God have mercy on us.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote