Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Vontez Burfict is the dirtiest player in the league
Don't mean to bump and old thread, but thought this was the best place to ask. What if Burfict goes low on Brown and completely shreds his knee or knees, is the consensus that he is still dirty?? I am a fan of his all the way, and while I think he is borderline,, this is the kind of guy we have been waiting for.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:50 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Don't mean to bump and old thread, but thought this was the best place to ask. What if Burfict goes low on Brown and completely shreds his knee or knees, is the consensus that he is still dirty??  I am a fan of his all the way, and while I think he is borderline,, this is the kind of guy we have been waiting for.

Of course. Steelers fans (and the media) would be pissed either way, they can't take any of their own medicine. 

P.S. The response to all of this crap has officially made Burfict my favorite player. If I buy any Bengals related gear this year it will be a Burfict jersey.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Decastro is now claiming that Burfict spit on him...  Ol Dave is pretty dirty himself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:50 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Don't mean to bump and old thread, but thought this was the best place to ask. What if Burfict goes low on Brown and completely shreds his knee or knees, is the consensus that he is still dirty??  I am a fan of his all the way, and while I think he is borderline,, this is the kind of guy we have been waiting for.

The way that many, including myself, were brought up to play football;  The idea is to hurt your opponent (I did not say try to injure, different meaning), by hitting them hard and causing them some pain, within the confines of the rules of the game.  The idea was to take away some of their willpower to remain aggressive.

Much has changed over the years, about what is considered acceptable hard play, and what is considered to be "dirty".

However, if you ask me, a guy that would intentionally take out the knee is more unethical than the guy that likes to "ring the bell" of his opponent.  Why?  ACL is a season, and sometimes a career ender.  That takes away a man's livelihood.  Dizzying his head usually just gets him out of your hair, for the rest of the game.

So, is Vontaze Burfict a dirty player?  I don't really think he's dirty.  I think that he tries to push the line to it's limit with intensity, emotion, and hard physical play.  I like that in him.  Every team wants a player like him on their team, but hates to be the team facing him.  For years Bengal fans cried about players like that wearing Black and Gold.  Now their crying about the Super Destroyer wearing stripes.  I don't get it..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 07:56 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Of course. Steelers fans (and the media) would be pissed either way, they can't take any of their own medicine. 

P.S. The response to all of this crap has officially made Burfict my favorite player. If I buy any Bengals related gear this year it will be a Burfict jersey.

Ditto, I'm ordering my Burfict hoodie now.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Trashy dudes like Vontaze Burfict. You all probably live in North College Hill or something...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 03:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: From twisting Greg Olsen's ankles, to laying out hits like this:

https://twitter.com/JohnCUrschel/status/686226566368526337

Dude is straight up dirty. I'm not saying kick him off the team, but something needs to be done. Its disgusting.

Someone said the dude is bipolar. Maybe he needs some meds to get his head straight. Instead of suspending him the nfl should get him mental health help. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:26 PM)Run through the jungle Wrote: Someone said the dude is bipolar. Maybe he needs some meds to get his head straight. Instead of suspending him the nfl should get him mental health help. 

Hell no.  For every bad thing he does, he does fifteen great ones.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:27 PM)samhain Wrote: After seeing the hit closer today, I don't really think it was the travesty that the national media is making it out to be.  Should it have been flagged? Sure.  But it wasn't the hack job it's being made out to be.  

I think people are goddamned crazy wanting to see Burfict disciplined or even let go (I'm speaking of Bengal fans).  He's young and mega-talented with some anger issues.  In time, I believe there's a chance he matures and becomes an even better player minus the mental miscues.  The outrage over his actions is annoying to me.  The guy damn near won us the football game.  It took more than his actions to bring on the meltdown.  

Say what you like about Burfict and Jones, but the fact is they make our team better.  Our defense improved quite a bit upon Vontaze's return.  The secondary was exposed when Jones missed games.  He's a top 10 corner in this league.  I'm as displeased as anyone with their inability to control their emotions, but I wouldn't give up on them for anything.

This exactly. If he really wanted to, he probably could've literally killed Brown. I'd have wanted a flag thrown it it was against our team as well. But its nothing that's worthy of a suspension or what the media is making it into given Browns acting job.
Reply/Quote
This thread is stupid honestly. The only reason we were in this game was because of Tez. If not for him we get our asses handed to us. As far as the hit...it wasn't that bad. Tez wasn't looking at the ball he was anticipating the catch...lets be real. He didn't hit with his helmet...he hit with his shoulder.

I love a player with passion and a chip on his shoulder. Yes he's done things that aren't very classy at times but this wasn't one of them. And as far as the jackass saying he was spit on....that was the same idiot who did the eye gouging last game. Where is the uproar over that. Get over yourself!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:11 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Trashy dudes like Vontaze Burfict. You all probably live in North College Hill or something...

I don't live in Cincinnati and therefore have no point of refernce, but I like this ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:25 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I don't live in Cincinnati and therefore have no point of refernce, but I like this ThumbsUp

Picture a sea of fast food joints, trailer parks, and Vontaze Burfict jerseys.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Picture a sea of fast food joints, trailer parks, and Vontaze Burfict jerseys.

How's the view from up there?  I'm kinda disappointed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:39 PM)McC Wrote: How's the view from up there?  I'm kinda disappointed.

Cool your jets, I'm venting with humor.  I'm also from Mt. Healthy.  Hating on NCH is like the Bengals hating on the Steelers...expect the Steelers bang their sisters and folks from NCH bang their moms.

I actually think we have a higher amount of trailers per capita....
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:43 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Cool your jets, I'm venting with humor.  I'm also from Mt. Healthy.  Hating on NCH is like the Bengals hating on the Steelers...expect the Steelers bang their sisters and folks from NCH bang their moms.

I actually think we have a higher amount of trailers per capita....

Gotcha.  Didn't think that was the you I am used to.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:36 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Picture a sea of fast food joints, trailer parks, and Vontaze Burfict jerseys.

Wow, JC.  I never imagined you to be the type that would talk down to those below you... 

Edit: I spoke too soon..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 11:45 PM)McC Wrote: Gotcha.  Didn't think that was the you I am used to.

(01-11-2016, 11:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, JC.  I never imagined you to be the type that would talk down to those below you... 

Edit:  I spoke too soon..

It shocks me that I have somehow developed this clean reputation around here...ha.  You guys must miss all of the posts where I talk about my balls and tell people to eat bowls of male sexual organs.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 08:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The way that many, including myself, were brought up to play football;  The idea is to hurt your opponent (I did not say try to injure, different meaning), by hitting them hard and causing them some pain, within the confines of the rules of the game.  The idea was to take away some of their willpower to remain aggressive.

Much has changed over the years, about what is considered acceptable hard play, and what is considered to be "dirty".

However, if you ask me, a guy that would intentionally take out the knee is more unethical than the guy that likes to "ring the bell" of his opponent.  Why?  ACL is a season, and sometimes a career ender.  That takes away a man's livelihood.  Dizzying his head usually just gets him out of your hair, for the rest of the game.

So, is Vontaze Burfict a dirty player?  I don't really think he's dirty.  I think that he tries to push the line to it's limit with intensity, emotion, and hard physical play.  I like that in him.  Every team wants a player like him on their team, but hates to be the team facing him.  For years Bengal fans cried about players like that wearing Black and Gold.  Now their crying about the Super Destroyer wearing stripes.  I don't get it..

Yup.....way we played too.

Iwas one who always whined about the Stoolers.....and now I'm LOVING having our own enforcer!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Shazier, Harrison, Polamalu, Hines freaking Ward, and we have Burfict who hands it back to them, he just needs to learn how much he can get away with and be sneakier (more Steeler-like) about it. Once the illegal ( Mikey P. said unfortunate) hit happened on Gio, Burfict became a destroyer who pretty much singlehandedly put us back into the game with his defense. But for the lack of concentration/stupidity on Jeremy Hill's part, Burfict is a hero and not a villian, even with the media.
Reply/Quote
Tez is an idiot and he's dangerous. He's also a tremendous talent. If he played for the Steelers this forum would come up with some deragatory nickname for him, and ***** about him constantly. Such hypocrites. He's for sure in the top 2 for dirtiest players in the league, and he shows no sign of being able to reel in the idiocy. Next incident he may be out for an entire season or maybe for good. '
'
It's a shame really, but stop defending the numbskull. Seriously. You look foolish.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote