Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Waiting for the Other Shoe to Drop
Just after 2 games, things in the AFC North couldn't be shaping up any better for this team.

Soooooo, history says, from 1991, this franchise will find a way to mess this up.

Which of the following do you feel will apply?

1.  Injuries
2.  Coaching Issues
3.  Defensive Issues
4.  Letting teams get 'under their skin' with ignorant penalties
5.  Young team inexperience
6.  All of the Above
7.  None of the Above (Other)
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
We will lose Dalton in the Rapture.
Reply/Quote
I would love to be wrong, but a 26 year history tells me different.

Laugh all you want, but I'll see you in January, we will see who's laughing then. Cool
Reply/Quote
Lack of positive thinking by their fans.  Ninja

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not messing this up and the other shoe is going to drop on nonbelievers heads.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Lack of positive thinking by their fans.  Ninja

Been positive thinking since 1968 GC.  The first 24 years was real easy because of the HC/Owner.

The last 26, not so much.

I will come back in January and belly up to the table with a bib on for a good buffet meal of crow if it is warranted .... just don't see it happening.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I would love to be wrong, but a 26 year history tells me different.

Laugh all you want, but I'll see you in January, we will see who's laughing then.  Cool

So you will laugh if the Bengals don't make the playoffs?  Fans like you disgust me.

Fans like you have also been wrong many times.  I remember when guys like you said we would never make the playoffs because "history proves we won't".  Then you claimed we could not make the playoffs in consistently because "history proves we won't".

If you are really interested in history tell me how many Super Bowls the Eagles had won before last year.
Reply/Quote
I'm just over here waiting for Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you will laugh if the Bengals don't make the playoffs?  Fans like you disgust me.

Fans like you have also been wrong many times.  I remember when guys like you said we would never make the playoffs because "history proves we won't".  Then you claimed we could not make the playoffs in consistently because "history proves we won't".

If you are really interested in history tell me how many Super Bowls the Eagles had won before last year.

^^^^^^^^^

This times 1000

Celebrate injury or other reasons that make OP prediction correct.  Sick
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you will laugh if the Bengals don't make the playoffs?  Fans like you disgust me.

No I won't laugh BECAUSE they didn't make the playoffs or win the SB, I will be rooting for them to do so, and, like I said in another post Freddie, I will eat at the crow buffet IF I'm wrong.

I will laugh at all the chaos and finger pointing that will go on in here IF AND WHEN it happens, like it does year after year after year after year after year .....  (not doing this 26 times')

BTW, the Eagles don't have a cheap football clueless owner either.

He gave Reid a chance and he got TO the SB, and gave him time to get back.

When Chip Kelly started showing that his college coaching just wasn't cutting it, he got rid of him too.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: BTW, the Eagles don't have a cheap football clueless owner either.

He gave Reid a chance and he got TO the SB, and gave him time to get back.

When Chip Kelly started showing that his college coaching just wasn't cutting it, he got rid of him too.

What's your point?  History proved that they could not win a Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 10:40 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just after 2 games, things in the AFC North couldn't be shaping up any better for this team.

Soooooo, history says, from 1991, this franchise will find a way to mess this up.

1.  Injuries
2.  Coaching Issues
3.  Defensive Issues
6.  All of the Above

The Bengals have a game and a half lead on the Steelers and we play them twice later.

Likely gonna have to at least win one of those 2 Steeler head to head games to fend them off.

It will be a Nail Biter to the end for the Division.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What's your point?  History proved that they could not win a Super Bowl.

Come on Freddie ... the point is their owner didn't hang on to HCs that didn't cut the mustard!!

He did what needed to be done to GET them to a SB, eventually winning one!

Besides that, it's not just about SBs.

The Eagles have won 3 NFL Championships, just like the Browns have won 4.

Just so happens the Bengals didn't come into existence until AFTER SBs began.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I would love to be wrong, but a 26 year history tells me different.

Laugh all you want, but I'll see you in January, we will see who's laughing then.  Cool

So you admit you were wrong in 2013 and 2105, so 2 out of the last 5 years you have been wrong.  This roster and staff is so much different since 2015 i just don't agree with your premise at this point in time.

With that said.. numerous teams that start 2-0 don;t end up winning their division.  Pittsburgh has enough weapons to still be a major threat.. and Ravens are just one game back at 1-1 .  
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:07 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So you admit you were wrong in 2013 and 2105, so 2 out of the last 5 years you have been wrong.  This roster and staff is so much different since 2015 i just don't agree with your premise at this point in time.

With that said.. numerous teams that start 2-0 don;t end up winning their division.  Pittsburgh has enough weapons to still be a major threat.. and Ravens are just one game back at 1-1 .  

So you admit you were wrong in 2013 and 2105, so 2 out of the last 5 years you have been wrong.  This roster and staff is so much different since 2015 i just don't agree with your premise at this point in time.

No, I wasn't wrong in either scenario.  2013 they laid an egg in the playoffs against the Chargers.

In 2015, Dalton broke his thumb (injury) and Hill, Burfict, and Jones laid eggs against the Steelers.

Cool So .... you agree with me then?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Lack of positive thinking by their fans.  Ninja

But whose fault is that?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 01:15 PM)Interceptor Wrote: But whose fault is that?

That would be MIKE BROWN!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 10:40 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Just after 2 games, things in the AFC North couldn't be shaping up any better for this team.

1.  Injuries
2.  Coaching Issues
3.  Defensive Issues
6.  All of the Above
What the hell with this negativity.  Just freaking enjoy the moment and be happy the Bengals are in first place.  Injuries happen to all franchises.  A lot of teams are young and inexperience.  

As of now, the Bengals are undefeated and are in first place.  I am not waiting for the shoe to drop, I am waiting for this team to gel and really kick some ass.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2018, 12:21 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Been positive thinking since 1968 GC.  The first 24 years was real easy because of the HC/Owner.

The last 26, not so much.

I will come back in January and belly up to the table with a bib on for a good buffet meal of crow if it is warranted .... just don't see it happening.

I am the same. Win a playoff game and then we can talk, until then it is realistic (not overly optimistic or pessimistic) to assume something will occur to get in the way.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote