Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Walking Dead Thread ***SPOILERS***
(04-03-2018, 09:16 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Just came accross this thread. I gave up on the walking dead after last season. Just a boring ass show that didnt do anything for me. The Neagan story line drug out for WAY too long and it just wasnt interesting.

So, what happened this season? Are the Saviors all dead? I heard Carl died but that didnt get much of an emotional response from me considering his character was boring as shit.

The "war" continues.

The Heapsters are gone
The kingdom is gone
Alexandria is gone

all the norms are held up at hilltop

the saviours have suffered heavy losses..  And negan was presumed dead by his 2nd and negan learned his 2nd betrayed him and negan is now home and ready to deal with shit.

Negan is pretty much why I watch the show now... Nothing interesting has happened with rick and crew for a while.. But negan is having adventures.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 09:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: the saviours have suffered heavy losses..  And negan was presumed dead by his 2nd and negan learned his 2nd betrayed him and negan is now home and ready to deal with shit.

Negan is pretty much why I watch the show now...    Nothing interesting has happened with rick and crew for a while..  But negan is having adventures.

Yeah, though it seems everybody betrays him at some point. I can't quite believe they carry an Eugene storyline with them for so long without him betraying Negan in the end as well. As does Simon or Dwight. Tough luck, that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 11:06 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, though it seems everybody betrays him at some point. I can't quite believe they carry an Eugene storyline with them for so long without him betraying Negan in the end as well. As does Simon or Dwight. Tough luck, that.

Eugene might find that backbone again but I think he likes his role and being taken care of hes about surviving. and hes very valuable.....    But the end of last ep they(daryl and Rosita) were talking about taking out Eugene....    so the saviours couldn't use him.

I understand Dwight.......

Simon is much more dangerous leader than Negan... As negan doesn't want mass killings or large scale losses on any side. because people are resources.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 11:22 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Eugene might find that backbone again but I think he likes his role and being taken care of hes about surviving. and hes very valuable.....    But the end of last ep they(daryl and Rosita) were talking about taking out Eugene....    so the saviours couldn't use him.

I understand Dwight.......

Simon is much more dangerous leader than Negan... As negan doesn't want mass killings or large scale losses on any side. because people are resources.

I get that, just saying, Negan gets betrayed and crossed left and right. Which is a consequence of ruling by fear. As for Eugene, sure I don't have a clue, I just can't imagine his lengthy storyline not resulting in a twist. Manipulated bullets, to be precise.
Reply/Quote
lamest most anti climatic ending to a season yet...

Now back to farmer rick and I guess we just gotta hope the helicopter brings problems.

Hopefully Fear the walking dead doesn't go off the deep end.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 12:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: lamest most anti climatic ending to a season yet...

Now back to farmer rick and I guess we just gotta hope the helicopter brings problems.

Hopefully Fear the walking dead doesn't go off the deep end.

I actually think the angle they are setting up of division within their ranks is far more interesting than another dictator to fight which has been played out too many times.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 03:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I actually think the angle they are setting up of division within their ranks is far more interesting than another dictator to fight which has been played out too many times.

no I like Maggie jesus and Darryl all seeming agreeing rick and michonne are the problem..

To bad all them people had to die for them to realize it.

Maggie's mad Negan killed glenn(and rick let him live).. She should be mad Rick got glenn killed by attacking negan in the first place.

But really all story arcs will end with rick still living even if not winning. So they basically are signing their death warrents.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: no I like Maggie jesus and Darryl all seeming agreeing rick and michonne are the problem..

Maggie's mad Negan killed glenn(and rick let him live).. She should be mad Rick got glenn killed by attacking negan in the first place.

But really all story arcs will end with rick still living even if not winning. So they basically are signing their death warrents.

I'm pretty sure Kirkman is on record that Rick dies. 

It was a pretty underwhelming finale that had its moments. Maybe it's just because I haven't been paying much attention, but Eugene had me sold that he was all in on his Neganess. 

What gets me is that the writers seem to be writing themselves into a corner until they just completely throw out the source material and own the fact that they are going to be doing a complete re-imagining of the concept. At this point in time in the comics (spoiler? maybe?) they do a two year time jump. Introducing this Maggie/Jesus/Daryl alliance and then jumping two years and bringing it back up makes no sense. So are they going to forego the time jump an do some sort of Civil War storyline that wasn't in the comics?

If this series was still any good, I would be intrigued at the possibilities. As of right now I'm just annoyed. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 04:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: no I like Maggie jesus and Darryl all seeming agreeing rick and michonne are the problem..

IDK, I think Rick is less required now with Carl gone. I think it would be interesting to almost have Rick "leave" through exile or whatever and stay with the rest for a while. As a writer it gives them an out to let him come back, but still let's them try another direction.
Reply/Quote
Weren’t they running low on food and drinks hat prompted the deal with hilltop to attack negan? Rick was certainly guilty of underestimating his opponent or overestimating his own prowess but they were getting a little desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I watched the finale last night after not seeing an episode for the entire season. I feel like I didnt miss a beat which shows you how bad that show actually is. Nothing happens.

The finale was OK. I liked the setup they had with Eugene, I think we all saw that coming though.

Can someone just tell me how it plays out in the comics with the division between Maggie/Rick/Daryl? I dont want to waste time watching this show anymore but am interested to know if they all work out together in the long run or if they are permanently torn apart.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Im confused by Jesus looking like he agrees with Maggie at the end. All this time he has been pleading with Maggie and others to not kill the saviors. Almost to the point of where he would be on my hit list just to shut him up about it. But now all of a sudden Rick shows mercy, and its a bad thing to Jesus it seems? Doesnt make sense.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 04:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Weren’t they running low on food and drinks hat prompted the deal with hilltop to attack negan?  Rick was certainly guilty of underestimating his opponent or overestimating his own prowess but they were getting a little desperate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they took half of hill tops stuff.....  and wiped out negan (but just a little outpost)

RICK charged a steeper price... than Negan ever did lol
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 05:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Im confused by Jesus looking like he agrees with Maggie at the end. All this time he has been pleading with Maggie and others to not kill the saviors. Almost to the point of where he would be on my hit list just to shut him up about it. But now all of a sudden Rick shows mercy, and its a bad thing to Jesus it seems? Doesnt make sense.

He agreed Rick is the problem....

Which makes some sense..   Rick started this fight with the Saviors 

Rick only ever had one plan to kill them all...   When that's your plan the enemy will fight to the last generally.

rick only saw things with a vengeful eye but should have just been looking into the mirror his ego got all those people killed.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 05:46 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Im confused by Jesus looking like he agrees with Maggie at the end. All this time he has been pleading with Maggie and others to not kill the saviors. Almost to the point of where he would be on my hit list just to shut him up about it. But now all of a sudden Rick shows mercy, and its a bad thing to Jesus it seems? Doesnt make sense.

He is the worst character on that show. I get so tired of how he goes about things. He's such a *****. But yeah, I know what you mean. That whole thing at the end was really awkward in my opinion. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He agreed Rick is the problem....

Which makes some sense..   Rick started this fight with the Saviors 

Rick only ever had one plan to kill them all...   When that's your plan the enemy will fight to the last generally.

rick only saw things with a vengeful eye but should have just been looking into the mirror his ego got all those people killed.

Instead of dealing with the saviors, Rick and his crew should have just packed up, driven ten hours over night to south Florida, got some mansions near the coast, and just road off into the sunset. 

There are just so many plot holes in the show. 
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 04:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: So are they going to forego the time jump an do some sort of Civil War storyline that wasn't in the comics?

They made it quite evident there's a lot of things to do before considering action here. Make it thrive, shore up defense etc. - this could easily take several months.

(04-16-2018, 05:38 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Can someone just tell me how it plays out in the comics with the division between Maggie/Rick/Daryl? I dont want to waste time watching this show anymore but am interested to know if they all work out together in the long run or if they are permanently torn apart.

Not knowing the comics too well, but there's no Daryl and no civil war.

He sticks with his leader. I agree it looks a bit off, but I guess you don't just break allegiance over any topic easily. He doesn't actually say anything, it's more like he's getting his strategy briefing here.

(04-16-2018, 05:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Instead of dealing with the saviors, Rick and his crew should have just packed up, driven ten hours over night to south Florida, got some mansions near the coast, and just road off into the sunset. 

Well, there's the revenge angle, plus this sunset is pretty threatening out there.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 05:53 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There are just so many plot holes in the show. 

You don't get to complain about plot holes when there are zombies haha. The reality is if they just packed up and left there is literally no reason to watch the show. If every show did the most logical things to avoid conflicts no one would watch them, it is conflict that people watch for. No one is watching a show that people just go about their day to day lives.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2018, 08:56 AM)Au165 Wrote: You don't get to complain about plot holes when there are zombies haha. The reality is if they just packed up and left there is literally no reason to watch the show. If every show did the most logical things to avoid conflicts no one would watch them, it is conflict that people watch for. No one is watching a show that people just go about their day to day lives.

seinfield?
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 04:25 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: I'm pretty sure Kirkman is on record that Rick dies. 

It was a pretty underwhelming finale that had its moments. Maybe it's just because I haven't been paying much attention, but Eugene had me sold that he was all in on his Neganess. 

What gets me is that the writers seem to be writing themselves into a corner until they just completely throw out the source material and own the fact that they are going to be doing a complete re-imagining of the concept. At this point in time in the comics (spoiler? maybe?) they do a two year time jump. Introducing this Maggie/Jesus/Daryl alliance and then jumping two years and bringing it back up makes no sense. So are they going to forego the time jump an do some sort of Civil War storyline that wasn't in the comics?

If this series was still any good, I would be intrigued at the possibilities. As of right now I'm just annoyed. 

For some reason, I still feel compelled to watch this train wreck of a story line. Probably because it is a train wreck: You can't drive-by without looking.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote