Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wash PS game
(08-17-2019, 09:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In 9 years I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone dig so deep as to criticize Andy's YPA. No doubt there are those that are overly critical of Andy and they are just as silly as those that are overly defensive. 

Bottom line: Finley had a good PS game, Andy had a crappy one; yet there are more people criticizing Finley's play than Andy's. 

Finley had a good PS game.

Andy gonna be Andy that's why it's a bland subject for scrutiny.

I personally think Dalton's broken.

He's an okay QB that can be good at times.

That's his MO and I don't see it changing really.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Brian Baldinger stated Finley has had the best performance of any rookie quarterback this preseason n he loved the way he moved in the pocket n delivered the ball. Showing excellent patience. I think that’s huge n the biggest asset a quarterback can have. Still early but and least the arrow is pointing up.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:39 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Finley had a good PS game.

Andy gonna be Andy that's why it's a bland subject for scrutiny.

I personally think Dalton's broken.

He's an okay QB that can be good at times.

That's his MO and I don't see it changing really.

Ready to move on from happy feet Dalton. Cross your fingers !!
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:44 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Ready to move on from happy feet Dalton. Cross your fingers !!

Yeah, some were ready to replace Dalton with Driskell, and with McCarron too..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: In 9 years I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone dig so deep as to criticize Andy's YPA. No doubt there are those that are overly critical of Andy and they are just as silly as those that are overly defensive. 

Bottom line: Finley had a good PS game, Andy had a crappy one; yet there are more people criticizing Finley's play than Andy's. 

Then I don't know where you've been the whole 9 years, because I'm pretty sure I've seen Andy criticized for just about anything you can criticize a QB for. Hell, dude's been criticized for COMPLETED passes. That said, yes, there are some who are overly critical and some who are overly defensive of Andy Dalton and aside from the guy you originally quoted, I don't really see people criticizing Finley's play. Certainly not to the degree Dalton got for his one missed pass last week.

I'd wager that the criticism of Finley would all but disappear if people weren't calling him to start or get a chance with the 1s.

(08-17-2019, 09:34 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Dude I've seen great QBs have bad pre-season games.

Andy doesn't even sniff great for me.

We're gonna take a look-see on Finley because he was getting trashed in camp and miraculously played decent in PS.

You don't think even Phil would want to see an heir apparent for Dalton?

Andy's clock is ticking and even his most staunchest supporters know it.

I just have memories of Dan "The Fever" Lefevour gonna ball out.

It's pre-season.

Hey, if Finley ends up like Brady in that he sees the field due to an injury to Dalton but then plays so good that you keep him as the starter, that'd be fine with me. I'm a Bengal fan first and foremost. I want the Bengals to win and if that's with Finley, than that's what I want. That said, what we've seen from Finley, so far, is no different than what we've seen with McCarron and Driskel. Both had their shots to start and did NOT wrest the starting job away from Dalton, so you'll excuse me if I'm doubtful of it happening THIS time. 
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, some were ready to replace Dalton with Driskell, and with McCarron too..... Hilarious

Yeah, but THIS time it'll be different. Why? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, because. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, some were ready to replace Dalton with Driskell, and with McCarron too..... Hilarious

Good thing we didn’t. Dalton has been amazing these last 3 years n Bengals have been world beaters. Oh wait
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Good thing we didn’t.  Dalton has been amazing these last 3 years n Bengals have been world beaters.  Oh wait

Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself? 

Never mind.  You obviously don't.

This is you--

Ross suxx, Dalton suxx, Ross suxx, Dalton suxx, Ross suxx, Dalton suxx...
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:03 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Good thing we didn’t.  Dalton has been amazing these last 3 years n Bengals have been world beaters.  Oh wait

Still better than Driskel and McCarron, but if you're goal was to LOSE as many games, then by all means please continue to pine for the greatness of McCarron and Driskel. Really shows how "well" you are at analyzing a QB. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Then I don't know where you've been the whole 9 years, because I'm pretty sure I've seen Andy criticized for just about anything you can criticize a QB for. Hell, dude's been criticized for COMPLETED passes. That said, yes, there are some who are overly critical and some who are overly defensive of Andy Dalton and aside from the guy you originally quoted, I don't really see people criticizing Finley's play. Certainly not to the degree Dalton got for his one missed pass last week.

I'd wager that the criticism of Finley would all but disappear if people weren't calling him to start or get a chance with the 1s.

..and who knows? Maybe folks would quit looking for Andy's replacement if he does a little better than finishing 25th in passer rating like he did last year. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and who knows? Maybe folks would quit looking for Andy's replacement if he does a little better than finishing 25th in passer rating like he did last year. 

Broken record much?  Saying the same thing a million times doesn't make it seem smarter.  It just makes it boring as ****.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:17 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ..and who knows? Maybe folks would quit looking for Andy's replacement if he does a little better than finishing 25th in passer rating like he did last year. 

Except after the 2015 season, people were still looking for his replacement, so probably not. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 09:52 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Then I don't know where you've been the whole 9 years, because I'm pretty sure I've seen Andy criticized for just about anything you can criticize a QB for. Hell, dude's been criticized for COMPLETED passes. That said, yes, there are some who are overly critical and some who are overly defensive of Andy Dalton and aside from the guy you originally quoted, I don't really see people criticizing Finley's play. Certainly not to the degree Dalton got for his one missed pass last week.

Hey, if Finley ends up like Brady in that he sees the field due to an injury to Dalton but then plays so good that you keep him as the starter, that'd be fine with me. I'm a Bengal fan first and foremost. I want the Bengals to win and if that's with Finley, than that's what I want. That said, what we've seen from Finley, so far, is no different than what we've seen with McCarron and Driskel. Both had their shots to start and did NOT wrest the starting job away from Dalton, so you'll excuse me if I'm doubtful of it happening THIS time. 

No they didn’t. And I’m not even saying they should have. But let’s be honest, Andy’s job has gone completely unchallenged his entire time here.

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:10 AM)McC Wrote: Don't you ever get tired of repeating yourself? 

Never mind.  You obviously don't.

This is you--

Ross suxx, Dalton suxx, Ross suxx, Dalton suxx, Ross suxx, Dalton suxx...

(08-17-2019, 10:21 AM)McC Wrote: Broken record much?  Saying the same thing a million times doesn't make it seem smarter.  It just makes it boring as ****.

Sure
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 10:21 AM)McC Wrote: Broken record much?  Saying the same thing a million times doesn't make it seem smarter.  It just makes it boring as ****.

This is you. I love Dalton he is great , Ross is great , Bengals are great I will defend them until the end, Dalton is great. Don’t you ever say anything negative because I get butthurt if you talk about my Bengals !!!

Meanwhile we still suck , you must be great at your job.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No they didn’t. And I’m not even saying they should have. But let’s be honest, Andy’s job has gone completely unchallenged his entire time here.

So I don't remember Driskel starting some games last year or McCarron starting some games in 2015? Huh. I could have sworn that they did. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:12 AM)PhilHos Wrote: So I don't remember Driskel starting some games last year or McCarron starting some games in 2015? Huh. I could have sworn that they did. 

They did Phil, but I think what maybe people are saying about a challenge is new coach, new drafted QB and a vibe that says hey, get it done or we will move on.

I don't think any of the vets feared for their job under Marvin. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Andy is inconsistent as a quarterback.Through the years I’ve seen Andy have a really good game, and then come back next game and just didn’t look like the same quarterback.But overall I think he’s a good quarterback, but obviously not great,and never will be.Like was said before,Andy is Andy.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:18 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: They did Phil, but I think what maybe people are saying about a challenge is new coach, new drafted QB and a vibe that says hey, get it done or we will move on.

I don't think any of the vets feared for their job under Marvin. 

SOME people are saying that, sure. But, others act like Driskel and McCarron didn't get a shot with the starters in the regular season and did NOT wrest the starting job away from Dalton. And yet, they expect that THIS time with Finley, it'll be different. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2019, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: SOME people are saying that, sure. But, others act like Driskel and McCarron didn't get a shot with the starters in the regular season and did NOT wrest the starting job away from Dalton. And yet, they expect that THIS time with Finley, it'll be different. 

To be fair, I hope a lot of things are different with the new coach.

Sadly, at the top of the pyramid of mediocrity known as the Cincinnati Bengals, the pharaoh Mike Brown still resides.  

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote