Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Watson will play against Bengals
He received a 6 game suspension. He will miss a Steelers, Chargers, and Patriots games. Which of course can impact the overall playoff picture

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

I hope the NFL files an appeal.
What an absolute joke. Brady got almost that for deflating some ***** footballs.

We live in a sick world.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-01-2022, 09:47 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I hope the NFL files an appeal.

Hell yes.

We need him suspended when we play them
Really surprised. Thought it would be 10 and the appeal would happen the other way.
(08-01-2022, 09:50 AM)phil413 Wrote: Really surprised.  Thought it would be 10 and the appeal would happen the other way.

Are you surprised? The NFL gave the Browns the easiest schedule in the NFL through the 1st 6 games.

I saw a tweet that basically the Browns gave him a large signing bonus that he could use to pay his accusers off.
Should have been a season imo.

Yet want the bengals to beat them with their best players anyway.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
(08-01-2022, 09:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What an absolute joke. Brady got almost that for deflating some ***** footballs.

We live in a sick world.

Watson broke no laws and what he did did not effect the game like deflating footballs would.
(08-01-2022, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Watson broke no laws and what he did did not effect the game like deflating footballs would.

If he solicited sex from a massage therapist and offered to pay for it, he most certainly did break laws.
(08-01-2022, 09:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hell yes.

We need him suspended when we play them

It's more like the ruling makes no sense to me.

I don't even know how someone could come to the conclusion of 6 games for this.

I can only think of two conclusions that a person could possibly come to in regards to Watson:
1. There is not enough evidence of any wrong doing on Watson's part. He did not get charged with anything. As far as the law is concerned, he is innocent and therefore we should treat him as such; 0 games.
2. He settled over 20 civil cases with these women. The details and evidence are convincing enough to conclude that he almost certainly did something wrong, even if a court cannot convict him of anything due to the intentionally high bar for burden of proof set in America for criminal cases. We do not wish to endorse this behavior and Watson needs to be punished; minimum of 1 year suspension, must apply and be approved to play in 2023.

The 6 game suspension would imply the federal justice believes Watson committed some sort of sexual violence on these women but...that's it's not that big of a deal? I just can't understand how someone could reach this conclusion without their character coming into question.

It's like they intentionally chose a middle ground that will leave no one happy.
Good. Hopefully the Bengals can end his career.

Really, a 6 game suspension is cheap either way you look at it. Either he did nothing wrong, and he should receive no suspension, or he did what he’s been accused of and should never be allowed to play another NFL down. This is just a move to partially satisfy both sides, not to do what is right.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-01-2022, 09:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Should have been a season imo.

Yet want the bengals to beat them with their best players anyway.

I agree too.

But, when the NFL only did the disciplinary hearing for 5 cases, I kind of figured it would be less than I thought it should be for.

He broke no laws.

Now the MLB threw the hammer at Trevor Bauer for the same non-criminal conduct.
(08-01-2022, 10:05 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: If he solicited sex from a massage therapist and offered to pay for it, he most certainly did break laws.

That was looked at and no charges filed.
(08-01-2022, 10:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I agree too.

But, when the NFL only did the disciplinary hearing for 5 cases, I kind of figured it would be less than I thought it should be for.

He broke no laws.

Now the MLB threw the hammer at Trevor Bauer for the same non-criminal conduct.

And honestly - good on them for doing the right thing. This is a terrible look for the NFL.

Tiger

They'll appeal for public appeasement but we know that its par for the course. The Big money won in this instance and morality lost. As they say when its show time " Hey break a..
(08-01-2022, 10:12 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was looked at and no charges filed.

Not enough evidence for a grand jury doesn’t mean he didn’t break any laws. It just means there wasn’t enough evidence.

(08-01-2022, 10:05 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's more like the ruling makes no sense to me.

I don't even know how someone could come to the conclusion of 6 games for this.

I can only think of two conclusions that a person could possibly come to in regards to Watson:
1. There is not enough evidence of any wrong doing on Watson's part. He did not get charged with anything. As far as the law is concerned, he is innocent and therefore we should treat him as such; 0 games.
2. He settled over 20 civil cases with these women. The details and evidence are convincing enough to conclude that he almost certainly did something wrong, even if a court cannot convict him of anything due to the intentionally high bar for burden of proof set in America for criminal cases. We do not wish to endorse this behavior and Watson needs to be punished; minimum of 1 year suspension, must apply and be approved to play in 2023.

The 6 game suspension would imply the federal justice believes Watson committed some sort of sexual violence on these women but...that's it's not that big of a deal? I just can't understand how someone could reach this conclusion without their character coming into question.

It's like they intentionally chose a middle ground that will leave no one happy.

The amount of civil cases he settled is irrelevant. The NFL took 5 cases forward and then it ties to the conduct policy. The NFL deemed that most of the other cases didn't violate the conduct policy apparently or they would have taken them forward as well I'd assume.

There were lots of good twitter posts in the weeks leading up to this. The NFL conduct policy is meant to punish violence which didn't occur in this.

Then, the NFL went light on owners like Kraft.

I wanted him to get more, but given the things I typed above...I understand how a 3rd party would go 6.
(08-01-2022, 10:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And honestly - good on them for doing the right thing. This is a terrible look for the NFL.

Yes - I agree.

Well, the NFL technically didn't do this. A 3rd party arbitrator does. We'll see what the NFL does over the next few days as they can appeal this...and the appeal goes to Goodell.

Of course, if the NFL suspends him for the season, Watson will sue.

Is this actually real life?

(08-01-2022, 10:14 AM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

They'll appeal for public appeasement but we know that its par for the course. The Big money won in this instance and morality lost. As they say when its show time " Hey break a..

It feels rigged.

The Browns having the easiest games 1-6 schedule. Then him getting 6 games.