Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Watson will play against Bengals
(08-01-2022, 04:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not ignore anything. There is a difference under the law between "sexual violence" and "physical violence".

so you agree there was "sexual violence"
(08-01-2022, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sure he probably exposed himself to every massage therapist he hired. Obviously most of them either told him to stop or had consensual sex with him. But he did not force himself on any of them. 

Go read the complaints and see how many of them admit that they never told him to stop because they were "too shocked to respond".

Watson is a dumbass. He should not be punished like a violent rapist.

That being said I thought he would get close to a full year.  And I think the NFL will bump it up to more than 6 games.

Master-baiting in front of an unwilling party, and ejaculating onto them is a lot more than just “being a dumbass.” That’s a sexual predator. If this was a CPA instead of a star QB literally no one would be defending him. And I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before he’s up to devious ways again (unfortunately).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-01-2022, 04:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Master-baiting in front of an unwilling party, and ejaculating onto them is a lot more than just “being a dumbass.” That’s a sexual predator. If this was a CPA instead of a star QB literally no one would be defending him. And I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before he’s up to devious ways again (unfortunately).

you're smarter than lawyers and judges. Go and take the bar exam and set the world right, champ
Mind blown here. At the Watson outcome and this thread. I thought it would be a year at least for sure and it may still be if the NFL put their big boys pants on. Obviously, at best, quite a grubby character and not what the League would be comfortable with, with the standards they seem to be setting in other areas.
(08-01-2022, 04:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: Correct, there could have been implied physical intimidation because of his size and such and being secluded but no specific threat of violence. I would argue thought that his threat on her livelihood does have some weight to it and could be considered a form of intimidation as his public status would have enough weight to potentially cause monetary harm to her. 

Would you please step back and listen to what you are saying? Every time a man is alone with a woman that is smaller than him, even if she chose to be alone with him, he is guilty of intimidation if he asks her to have voluntary sex with him because of his size.

Don't you see a problem with that?

And a "threat to livelihood " is total BS if you have no control over the other persons employment.  Threatening to give a bad review on Yelp does not rise to the level of "intimidation" to justify a rape conviction.
(08-01-2022, 04:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am sure he probably exposed himself to every massage therapist he hired. Obviously most of them either told him to stop or had consensual sex with him. But he did not force himself on any of them. 

Go read the complaints and see how many of them admit that they never told him to stop because they were "too shocked to respond".

Watson is a dumbass. He should not be punished like a violent rapist.

That being said I thought he would get close to a full year.  And I think the NFL will bump it up to more than 6 games.

He's much more than just a dumbass.
(08-01-2022, 04:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: you're smarter than lawyers and judges. Go and take the bar exam and set the world right, champ

if someone done the same things watson did to your wife or daughter you wouldnt be saying this
(08-01-2022, 03:46 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: there is something patronizing and sexist about believing women off the bat in any sort of man vs woman situation.

how about hold judgement, look at the case, evidence, and then decide if there's truly enough evidence to warrant whatever side you fall on.

not saying Watson is a good dude, but if you're just automatically jumping to defend the ladies here, it prob means you're a bit unstable in real life.

nobody is truly defending Watson here. Only saying that the evidence doesnt show a whole lot for people to have such over the top strong feelings against him.

Now I wait for someone to misinterpret my easy to read post.

Did you read the full report? There were some pretty vivid details in it.
Alright fellas, let's cleanup the discussion in here. Let's steer the focus of attention back to how this suspension affects the upcoming football season. If you wish to continue arguing over the ugly details of these incidents, the legality or morality of Watson's accused actions, feel free to do so in P&R.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23