Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Watson will play against Bengals
(08-01-2022, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah Fred there were. Read the complaints.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-browns-nfl-suspension/tmgtu9pzyg2zjdbgn6wknzot

ive seen him get alot of stuff wrong when hes trying to act like he knows everything
(08-01-2022, 01:58 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Hell like I said someone in the last thread literally blamed the massage therapist for going into that career knowing it has a reputation for happy endings.

That same poster and many other still act like he did nothing wrong because he settled with the women, so yea I'd say that's bending over backwards to defend the guy.

I am not acting like he dud nothing wrong.  But all of you comparing him to a violent rapist are going overboard. 

And I would never blame these women for anything that happens to them going into a legitimate profession that is polluted with prostitutes. But the things Watson is accused of is so common that anyone going through the licensing process is trained to deal with it. Now one of the alleged victims claims she was so traumatized by seeing Watson's junk that she is disabled. 
(08-01-2022, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not acting like he dud nothing wrong.  But all of you comparing him to a violent rapist are going overboard. 

And I would never blame these women for anything that happens to them going into a legitimate profession that is polluted with prostitutes. But the things Watson is accused of is so common that anyone going through the licensing process is trained to deal with it. Now one of the alleged victims claims she was so traumatized by seeing Watson's junk that she is disabled. 

sounds like your victim shaming to me
(08-01-2022, 03:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah Fred there were. Read the complaints.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-browns-nfl-suspension/tmgtu9pzyg2zjdbgn6wknzot

Just like I said. No physical violence or threats of violence.

The "threats" were to "hurt get career", and that is not much of a "threat" unless it comes from a supervisor or someone who controls your employment in some way.

The media uses "selective qotations" to stir up interest in the story.
(08-01-2022, 03:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Can we please stop with the “witch hunt” nonsense? Does anyone who’s throwing that term around actually believe Watson is innocent?

well if you say he's guilty, he must be guilty
(08-01-2022, 03:28 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: sounds like your victim shaming to me

Leave it to Fred to make me agree with this dude.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(08-01-2022, 03:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just like I said. No physical violence or threats of violence.

The "threats" were to "hurt get career", and that is not much of a "threat" unless it comes from a supervisor or someone who controls your employment in some way.

The media uses "selective qotations" to stir up interest in the story.

According to the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, “Sexual violence means that someone forces or manipulates someone else into unwanted sexual activity without their consent. Reasons someone might not consent include fear, age, illness, disability, and/or influence of alcohol or other drugs. Anyone can experience sexual violence including: children, teens, adults, and elders. Those who sexually abuse can be acquaintances, family members, trusted individuals or strangers.”

The NSVRC also points out that sexual violence can include unwanted sexual contact/touching, showing one’s genitals or naked body to other(s) without consent, and masturbating in public.
(08-01-2022, 03:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote:  Now one of the alleged victims claims she was so traumatized by seeing Watson's junk that she is disabled. 

you dont believe her? Are you sexist?

You must believe all women, all of the time
there is something patronizing and sexist about believing women off the bat in any sort of man vs woman situation.

how about hold judgement, look at the case, evidence, and then decide if there's truly enough evidence to warrant whatever side you fall on.

not saying Watson is a good dude, but if you're just automatically jumping to defend the ladies here, it prob means you're a bit unstable in real life.

nobody is truly defending Watson here. Only saying that the evidence doesnt show a whole lot for people to have such over the top strong feelings against him.

Now I wait for someone to misinterpret my easy to read post.
(08-01-2022, 03:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well if you say he's guilty, he must be guilty

No, the two dozen women say he’s guilty. Normal people don’t contact over 60 different masseuses in slightly over a year and a half.

You’d have to be an absolute muppet to think otherwise.

(08-01-2022, 03:41 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: well if you say he's guilty, he must be guilty

Also, you didn’t answer the question. Do you believe Watson sexually assaulted any of those women? Exposed himself, master-bated in front of them, etc. Or are they all lying?

(08-01-2022, 03:42 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: According to the National Sexual Violence Resource Center, “Sexual violence means that someone forces or manipulates someone else into unwanted sexual activity without their consent. Reasons someone might not consent include fear, age, illness, disability, and/or influence of alcohol or other drugs. Anyone can experience sexual violence including: children, teens, adults, and elders. Those who sexually abuse can be acquaintances, family members, trusted individuals or strangers.”

The NSVRC also points out that sexual violence can include unwanted sexual contact/touching, showing one’s genitals or naked body to other(s) without consent, and masturbating in public.

Again, just like I said. No allegations of physical violence or threats of physical violence.

There was no disability,  age difference,  illness, drugs, or abuse of authority.

And I never said he did not do anything wrong. But you can't compare him to a violent rapist or say it is the "same as Bauer". That is just BS being put out there by people who don't care about facts.
(08-01-2022, 03:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, you didn’t answer the question. Do you believe Watson sexually assaulted any of those women? Exposed himself, master-bated in front of them, etc. Or are they all lying?

thats not for me to decide. He couldve done it, yes. Idk though. The ladies are also capable of lying because they are humans first and foremost, but idk. 

I really dont know
(08-01-2022, 03:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: thats not for me to decide. He couldve done it, yes. Idk though. The ladies are also capable of lying because they are humans first and foremost, but idk. 

I really dont know

Right…

I’m sure he contacted 66 different woman because they all just gave shitty massages or something. Poor guy just couldn’t find a good one. Ninja

(08-01-2022, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, just like I said. No allegations of physical violence or threats of physical violence.

There was no disability,  age difference,  illness, drugs, or abuse of authority.

And I never said he did not do anything wrong. But you can't compare him to a violent rapist or say it is the "same as Bauer". That is just BS being put out there by people who don't care about facts.

you just total ignored there definition of sexual violnce because it killed your point. this is getting really creepy
(08-01-2022, 03:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right…

I’m sure he contacted 66 different woman because they all just gave shitty massages or something. Poor guy just couldn’t find a good one. Ninja

kind of naive of you to just believe that all of these women are being honest

but like I said, idk. I just dont want you rushing to conclusions and getting angry. It shows instability. It's coming off like your life is spent on the internet and not in real life.
(08-01-2022, 03:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Again, just like I said. No allegations of physical violence or threats of physical violence.

Correct, there could have been implied physical intimidation because of his size and such and being secluded but no specific threat of violence. I would argue though that his threat on her livelihood does have some weight to it and could be considered a form of intimidation as his public status would have enough weight to potentially cause monetary harm to her. 

Actually, looking at Texas's Sexual Coercion code I am surprised they didn't attempt to charge him for such. I think it's new so maybe the law passed before these incidents occurred?
(08-01-2022, 03:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also, you didn’t answer the question. Do you believe Watson sexually assaulted any of those women? Exposed himself, master-bated in front of them, etc. Or are they all lying?

I am sure he probably exposed himself to every massage therapist he hired. Obviously most of them either told him to stop or had consensual sex with him. But he did not force himself on any of them. 

Go read the complaints and see how many of them admit that they never told him to stop because they were "too shocked to respond".

Watson is a dumbass. He should not be punished like a violent rapist.

That being said I thought he would get close to a full year.  And I think the NFL will bump it up to more than 6 games.
(08-01-2022, 03:56 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: you just total ignored there definition of sexual violnce because it killed your point. this is getting really creepy

I did not ignore anything. There is a difference under the law between "sexual violence" and "physical violence".
(08-01-2022, 03:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: kind of naive of you to just believe that all of these women are being honest

but like I said, idk. I just dont want you rushing to conclusions and getting angry. It shows instability. It's coming off like your life is spent on the internet and not in real life.

LOL LOL LOL