Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We Can Still Punt For Penei
(01-02-2021, 01:14 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Fields having a 6 TD game against Clemson helped our pursuit of Sewell. Much more likely QBs go 1-2 now. And Wilson could go top 5 as well.

If we lose and the Falcons/Texans win, I could see us landing Sewell at #4. I could see ATL drafting Ryan's replacement or trading down to a QB seeker for more picks. Miami (with Houston's pick) worries me the most. They have Tua. Trading down for picks to a QB seeker or taking a WR seems possible, but protecting Tua also makes a ton of sense.

If Sewell is gone, I'd take Surtain or Parsons. Or try to trade down a notch. Take whomever is left of Smith, Chase, Waddle, Surtain, or Parsons. Go big on OL in FA. Re-sign Lawson. And deal with our other pressing needs with subsequent picks (DL, CB, WR, OL, TE).

If Sewell is gone, give me Chase. If Chase is gone, give me Pitts.

100% all-in on big time OL FA, regardless if they get Sewell or not.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2020, 03:09 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ehhhh, guy also called Billy Price a "day 1 starter at either Guard or Center".

Don't get cute with the pick. If Sewell is there, take him. Thinking they're smarter than the consensus despite a lack of scouts is what gets the Bengals into trouble. 

To be fair, Price was precisely that.

If Sewell is the pick, does Williams slide inside?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 10:29 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: To be fair, Price was precisely that.

Penei Sewell would play Right Tackle. He is a 330 offensive tackle that is known as a mauler in the run game the strong side would fit in his rookie year. They can move him in year 2 or even if they want to let Jonah walk I  a couple years.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If the news today about Turner getting the boot is true then one of my biggest objections to drafting Sewell is gone. I am FAR happier taking him if we have a legit coach for the OL who will coach the players up correctly and teach good technique.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2021, 10:29 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: To be fair, Price was precisely that.

If Sewell is the pick, I would put Williams at RT simply because there's some really good interior guys in FA this offseason. Thuney and Linsley added to Sewell and Williams would 180 this OL in a heartbeat.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
As it stands I think the worst we can do is 5th. Move up to 4th if Philly beats DC
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As it stands I think the worst we can do is 5th. Move up to 4th if Philly beats DC

Isn't it Houston that is ahead of us along with Atlanta?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Isn't it Houston that is ahead of us along with Atlanta?

You are correct. We win the TB with Philly as it stands (SOS). 

Texans winning (at the moment they are up 4), we'd move up to 4th.
Reply/Quote
God the Texans are awful.

Tied at 38 after having missed a PAT and a 2PT play in the 3rd quarter (God NFL coaches are dumb about 2PT tries). Then they give up a 54 yard pass on the first play after the KO (less than 20 seconds left in the game). And then lose on a FG.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: God the Texans are awful.

Tied at 38 after having missed a PAT and a 2PT play in the 3rd quarter (God NFL coaches are dumb about 2PT tries). Then they give up a 54 yard pass on the first play after the KO (less than 20 seconds left in the game). And then lose on a FG.

A more concise way to put it is... The Texans are awful. They lost to the Bengals during the 2020 season.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 07:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Isn't it Houston that is ahead of us along with Atlanta?

Texans had a chance and gave up a long pass with like 10 seconds to play and Tennessee kicked the GWF.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Texans will no doubt go after either Chase or Devonta. They need to replace Hopkins
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:43 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: The Texans will no doubt go after either Chase or Devonta.  They need to replace Hopkins

They don't get the pick. It's miami, from a trade last year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Some teams understand the tanking concept better than others.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They don't get the pick. It's miami, from a trade last year.
You are absolutely right...forgot that. Miami does need weapons for Tua as well...unless they don’t want Tua anymore...in which case a QB is an option
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:40 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: God the Texans are awful.

And their fanbase got to watch them tank for...Miami to get a better pick.  Yeouch. 

(01-03-2021, 09:45 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: You are absolutely right...forgot that.  Miami does need weapons for Tua as well...unless they don’t want Tua anymore...in which case a QB is an option

Man, that seems like it would be a huge waste.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:43 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: The Texans will no doubt go after either Chase or Devonta. They need to replace Hopkins

The Texans won’t do anything with that pic. The Dolphins own it from the Tunsil trade. One last parting gift from Bill O’Brien’s dumb ass.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:13 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You are correct. We win the TB with Philly as it stands (SOS). 

Texans winning (at the moment they are up 4), we'd move up to 4th.

So Philly had a tougher schedule than us

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 09:44 PM)Billy_Bengal Wrote: Some teams understand the tanking concept better than others.

Why would Houston tank?

Reply/Quote
Jaguars - Lawrence
Jets - Fields?
Falcons - Matt Ryan replacement here or Parsons from Penn State?
Dolphins - Chase or Devonta Smith back with Tua??
Bengals - Did we still manage to punt for Penei? Or Chase here?

I feel like if he gets passed the Jets we have a shot. Falcons and Dolphins don't have tackle needs.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote