Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
We Signed Nick Scott!
These free agent threads are interesting to read through after the guy plays here a while.

It's basically a bunch of people talking about us singing a young, athletic safety.

And then a few of us saying he's not that young, struggles in coverage, and is a special teamer.
Reply/Quote
The silent majority were right about Scott.

But I think the FO was on the rebound, and that never works. I don’t think they expected to lose Bell.

The person we all wanted I think is on IR with the Lions so that may have not worked either.

It’s unfortunate what happened to Run.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:14 AM)jj22 Wrote: The person we all wanted I think is on IR with the Lions so that may have not worked either.

Talking about the Lions, how nice would it be to steal away whomever in the Lions FO scouts their OL and their OL Coach?

Last 8 years they've used 1st round picks 3 times on OL that are all on their OL now... Taylor Decker, Frank Ragnow, Penei Sewell. Plus two 3rd round picks (one a Pro Bowler) rounds out their starting 5. All drafted by them, 3 of them Pro Bowlers. It has let them run the ball and make Jared Goff look good.

Bengals in that same timespan have drafted Cordell Volson, Jackson Carman, D'Ante Smith, Jonah Williams, Billy Price, and Michael Jordan.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 04:15 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Talking about the Lions, how nice would it be to steal away whomever in the Lions FO scouts their OL and their OL Coach?

Last 8 years they've used 1st round picks 3 times on OL that are all on their OL now... Taylor Decker, Frank Ragnow, Penei Sewell. Plus two 3rd round picks (one a Pro Bowler) rounds out their starting 5. All drafted by them, 3 of them Pro Bowlers. It has let them run the ball and make Jared Goff look good.

Bengals in that same timespan have drafted Cordell Volson, Jackson Carman, D'Ante Smith, Jonah Williams, Billy Price, and Michael Jordan.

Being fair, the Bengals wanted Ragnow.  They just painted themselves into a corner by locking in on drafting a C in the 1st and panicked and took Price when Ragnow went off the board in front of them.

Sewell has been a good player, but he's also turned out to be the 3rd best T in that class behind Darrisaw and Slater, so I don't know how much credit you can really give their scouts on that one.  That was honestly such a stupid stacked class that you could have put the Top 10 prospects on a dart board and you'd have gotten a stud.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 05:22 AM)Whatever Wrote: Being fair, the Bengals wanted Ragnow.  They just painted themselves into a corner by locking in on drafting a C in the 1st and panicked and took Price when Ragnow went off the board in front of them.

Sewell has been a good player, but he's also turned out to be the 3rd best T in that class behind Darrisaw and Slater, so I don't know how much credit you can really give their scouts on that one.  That was honestly such a stupid stacked class that you could have put the Top 10 prospects on a dart board and you'd have gotten a stud.

Being equally fair, the Bengals could have had Frank Ragnow, but they swapped their 1st round pick with the Bills in the Cordy Glenn trade (which is another bad mark for the Bengals scouting/choosing OL). The Bengals originally would have had the 12th pick that year and Ragnow went 20th.

Also if you want a guy, go up and get him, they ended up with three 5th rounders and three 7th rounders. Heck, 5 of the guys they drafted that year (3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 7th) either never played a single game for the Bengals, or only lasted 1 year on the roster.

- - - - -

Not sure how you say Slater and Darrisaw are clearly ahead. All are good but Darrisaw keeps missing games every year and Slater also missed almost an entire year. 

Sewell missed exactly 1 game, because of COVID, and in another game he missed 6% of the snaps. He's played 100% of the snaps in every other game the Lions have played.

Equal talent goes to the more available guy every time.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 05:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Being equally fair, the Bengals could have had Frank Ragnow, but they swapped their 1st round pick with the Bills in the Cordy Glenn trade (which is another bad mark for the Bengals scouting/choosing OL). The Bengals originally would have had the 12th pick that year and Ragnow went 20th.

Also if you want a guy, go up and get him, they ended up with three 5th rounders and three 7th rounders. Heck, 5 of the guys they drafted that year (3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 7th) either never played a single game for the Bengals, or only lasted 1 year on the roster.

- - - - -

Not sure how you say Slater and Darrisaw are clearly ahead. All are good but Darrisaw keeps missing games every year and Slater also missed almost an entire year. 

Sewell missed exactly 1 game, because of COVID, and in another game he missed 6% of the snaps. He's played 100% of the snaps in every other game the Lions have played.

Equal talent goes to the more available guy every time.

Nobody takes a C at 12, though.  I do agree that with the situation we put ourselves in we should have moved up to get our guy, though.

Sewell is not equal talent to Slater and Darrisaw, though.  He's graded worse than both, on average, and has been one of the most penalized T's in the league since he was drafted.  Not to mention that scouts can't prognosticate injuries without a previous injury history.  Anybody that had Sewell at the top of their T board that year(I was one of them) missed their evaluation.  
Reply/Quote