Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We can't even get a Penei.
Well we blew that chance at Sewell. The seasons just keeps getting worse for fans. I hate 2020 and this staff.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Meh. At some point you gotta start showing improvement. I’m happy they won.

Hoping for a Miami like turnaround.
Reply/Quote
Smh.....
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:08 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Meh. At some point you gotta start showing improvement.  I’m happy they won.

Miami got a turnaround because they cleared house, traded away a bunch of their players in return for value, massively stocked draft picks, and then got a good coach.

The Bengals don't have 3 1st round picks, and 2 2nd round picks (all in the top 56). They have an extra 7th round pick.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dead cat bounce. Meaningless wins at the tail end of lost seasons are a Bengals specialty.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
There is no guarantee that Sewell will even be a success in the NFL. He could get in a car crash or break his leg snowmobiling before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:06 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Well we blew that chance at Sewell. The seasons just keeps getting worse for fans. I hate 2020 and this staff.

The famous dead cat bounce is in effect.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Yep. Disappointing win. I view Sewell as a generational OT.

Perhaps Parsons is a generational LB.

We have multiple holes to fill.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:06 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: Well we blew that chance at Sewell. The seasons just keeps getting worse for fans. I hate 2020 and this staff.

Sucks to be a bengals fan
Reply/Quote
SMH at those wishing for losses...
Reply/Quote
Take heart. The good news is that we suck at so many positions that we can still get a player that will help wherever we draft.
Reply/Quote
**** this team

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was fine with the tank last year, but not this year. We have a lot of talented guys around the roster, they have to stop losing and grind out wins. Today was a good day, and maybe karma has our back come draft day?
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Miami got a turnaround because they cleared house, traded away a bunch of their players in return for value, massively stocked draft picks, and then got a good coach.

The Bengals don't have 3 1st round picks, and 2 2nd round picks (all in the top 56). They have an extra 7th round pick.

My biggest complaint this season was we didn't trade more dead weight for draft picks. We could've gotten rid of a handful of guys early in the season and maybe gotten some decent picks in the process.

But we could still be savvy in the draft. I honestly think we're only 4-5 starters away from being very competitive.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:08 PM)PlayadLc Wrote: Meh. At some point you gotta start showing improvement. I’m happy they won.

Sewell is by far the guy I want the most but if the Bengals miss out on a generational OT, go ahead and draft a generational TE in Kyle Pitts and grab an OT in the second round.
Reply/Quote
As usual some fans believe there is only one pick and one choice in the NFL Draft.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
so whats our projected draft slot now that the D C bounce is in full effect? # 4, or5?
Im guessing if there is a QB run, we could still be in running for Sewell or be in a position to trade down.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:31 PM)kalibengal Wrote: so whats our projected draft slot now that the D C bounce is in full effect? # 4, or5?
Im guessing if there is a QB run, we could still be in running for Sewell or be in a position to trade down.

Currently 6. Eagles cowboys game could drop us to 7th, I think, considering sos.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 06:27 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Sewell is by far the guy I want the most but if the Bengals miss out on a generational OT, go ahead and draft a generational TE in Kyle Pitts and grab an OT in the second round.

I can't agree with that part of your statement.  What about the Zac Taylor offense have you seen that justifies using a top 5 pick on a TE?

While I'd rather have Penei Sewell, I would not be upset at all if they added Gregory Rousseau or Patrick Surtain II to the defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

This fanbase is just terrible.

If we lose, everyone bitches about how we lost.

If we lose, the entire staff needs to be gone, no road wins, need to win 5 games to even be considered keeping any of them.

So... the team wins.

Now it's we can't win it hurts our draft position.

We won, but we beat teams that didn't care.

We won, but we've done this before at the end of bad seasons.

So, you want to stop losing? The only 100% certain way to stop losing is to... surprise... start winning. The team won 2 in a row without the three biggest offensive weapons. 

Who cares about Penei. Every draft site says the same thing, he is raw. He needs to be coached up to be successful at the NFL level. 

Last I looked, Jim Turner was our OL coach. You can guess, hope, pray and cry that he needs to be gone (and he does) but you have to live in the real world.

Real world, he is still the O-line coach. Real world Mike Brown doesn't care what you think. So until Turner is fired, Sewell is not the right pick for this team. They need to draft an O-lineman who doesn't need to be coached up and is labeled raw.

I'll take the wins, and if they beat Baltimore to finish on a winning streak even better. The guy from Northwestern looks solid, the guys who will be back Bates, Bell, Hubbard, Pratt, Higgins, Gio are all playing really hard. Learning to win, goes a long way.

All this crying and bitching... it's pathetic. Sad we were losing, then sad with how we lost, not can't even enjoy the team starting to look better. Who knows if it carries over to next year but I prefer seeing wins over loses. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote